What will they do at my Dr appt for mold?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Apr 19, 2007.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Iam a nervous wreck ....I hate needles and Iam worried iam going to "get stuck"! LOL

Not funny really....I have a BAD phobia of needles....anyhow I already had an IEG blood test that showed positive for mold allergy....does anyone know if they can use that for confirmation?

I was told that they will do a lot of lung and breathing tests...and maybe a CT or MRI to see the spores if they are indeed in my lungs and sinuses....but if you know or know of someone else who has had tests done in regards to mold exposure please post to me..........

I know this has to be done...I just hope there is not a lot of needles involved!

Thanks for helping me out here.
    Doxy
  2. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Doxygirl,

Just wanted to wish you well at your doctor appointment.
    I do not know what they will do. I am sure whatever they need to do you are going to be ok. I do not like needles either. I am a big sissy there. (My trick I do is not under any circumstance look at the needle, it helps) It is normal to worry.
    You are going to get answers that you need,
    so you can get treatment.

So try not to worry so much.....this board has you in their thoughts and prayers. Here is a hug for ((((((you))))
    Take care,
    Cindy
  3. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I know you are right about "the not looking thing" but honeslty I pass out if I even know they are going to poke me....I can handle having my blood drawn....but hate being poked and prodded!

Thank you so much for the warm and caring post...it means a lot to me ...you are so sweet...thank you,, thank you, thank you!

Doxy
  4. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Separate yourself from your body. Your body is only a part of you. If you feel anything tell yourself it is just a "feeling" and that you are not being "hurt".

Good luck. Breathe very slowly and deeply no matter what they do. I'm sure it will not be terrible.
    Let us know what they do. I need mold testing myself as it has just dawned on me that I am living in a mold overrun environment (a lot of it outside and blowing in the windows) and getting lots of chronic allergies. Enough about me, anyway . . .

Let us know how you do.
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Bumping in the event that erikmoldwarrior is on the board. He's the mold expert here.
  6. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Iam bumping too.....