What will you try that is new in the New Year?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aquabugs, Dec 30, 2006.

1. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

Hello all

There is already a great post about New Year's resolutions. I've been thinking about what mine will be this week. I get so tired sickness all the time and want to be more positive as negativity in any form directly impacts my health and sense of wellbeing.

Along with making some promises to myself to better my quality of life, I'd like to learn something new this year. Since I am not up to learning to ski or sky dive right now, (LOL)I am trying to think of something exciting or interesting that I CAN do.

Perhaps it will be a trip somewhere new? Or learning a new language? Or....... I've got some serious thinking to do on this. I want to look forward, not get mired down in the past or present.

What about you all? What new thing would you like to do or learn in 2007?

I'm really interested in hearing your ideas and dreams.

Happy New Year to all

Sylvia
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

I would like to know more about how acupressure and other energy work heals. I know they unblock energy and help to clear chakras but I'm always the curious person who wants the exact explanations of how and why; like the "spiritual physics" involved. I've also been reading about something called orgone energy which seems really fascinating.

And I'm also in the middle of having my panties in a wad over the fact that "modern medicine" refuses to address simple things like malnutrition and supplements that could help us. AND, I guess they have reasons for everything they check in standard blood work, but it's becoming obvious to me that there's alot of things they should check but don't. Like levels of aminos acids and the detoxifying ability of the liver.

These tests exist, but the doctors who will recommend them and treat you accordingly are few and far between. So I'm working on ways to make a big stink about it and make it more public. Otherwise about the only people who have a chance of making it through their cfs or fibro are people who have computers like us.

You're right about the future. I can't go back to all the stuff I was in the middle of 4 years ago, I'd go crazy. I still have "unfinished business" like my reason for starting Barrow Innovations Inc in the first place. It's too much stress and expense for me to start all over with that project, so I'll just have to forget it. But that's okay, life's full of things to do and learn. Just life itself is enough to keep your mind occupied. Countless universes and the fact that time doesn't exist are enough to keep you up nights just pondering!

karen
  3. janie056

janie056 New Member

First of all I am going to clean up my diet! I am going to take everyone's advice who is in remission, or at least who feels better than I do, which are quite a few on this board.
    I am also going to wipe the word TRY out of my vocabulary, for me this word just gives me that little window of opportunity to slip out of.

I am going to DO no TRY.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!

Jane
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

which is a step forward for me. I have never made any as I didn't really think anyone ever stuck to them. I am HOPING I can stick to mine!

The first one is really a resolution that should belong to my husband as he is doing the work and I can't. We have been 'trying' to get our house semi remodeled (new paint, new flooring, new countertops..etc), nothing fancy but fresh and new and clean. It's been taking WAY too long, and started BEFORE 2006! I am determined to be supportive and if nececssary a little more pushy though. I can't stand another full year of living out of boxes! SO finish and organization are one big one.

I want to start a small business on Ebay. Not open an Ebay store but sell on there weekly and as often as I am able to, to supplement our income for savings.

I grew gourds this past summer, so by next summer they will be ready for cleaning and decorating. They can be wood burned, dyed, painted and just a plethora of things to enchance them for decoration and utility uses. I am excited at the prospect of learning how to do a new craft that I think I will LOVE.

I AM going to stop smoking~~ That will start the DAY the house is done. I KNOW I just can't under the stress and frustration I've been under with this project. But the DAY it's done .. smoking will be something I USED to do!! Every ailment I have will be improved by that one move!

I am going to pick a "cause" and donate to it once a month faithfully. I am thinking of St. Judes or Oprah's Angel Network..but if I can find a good group for Appalachian causes that would be my first choice as my
    family was from WVa.

I want to start going to the Senior dances here that they have weekly during the year at various mobile home parks in their recreation rooms. They all have live bands and it's just plain FUN. We went with my mom and her husband until she died in 1997 and then stopped. I miss it, though not as much as I miss HER!

I am determined to go to my daughter's house more often this year, she only lives five minutes away. She works nights so it's hard to find times when she's up and her FM isn't bad, or mine..but we need more time together. It's no fun for her to come here until the house is finished.."I" don't even want to be here. LOL!

So that would fill most of my time I think on resolutions. If I can manage to do them all, my life will improve a lot. Medication wise, God willing, I will not change one thing unless a cure is found. As it is what I do now in that area keeps me going!

Good luck to all who have "plans" for the New Year and a much healthier and very happy year to all! Bambi
    [This Message was Edited on 12/31/2006]
  5. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I already started a chelation program, but toxic metals come out slowly. I've determined to stick with it. I'm already feeling better, so this one's easy.

Low sugar diet: "viruses breathe sugar" this one's hard. I have to plan my day out to not let myself get hungry, so I'm not tempted to just grab something.

Alkaline diet: "eat a fresh salad every day", less meats and more raw veggies. Juicing everyday.
  6. jlcrafter

jlcrafter New Member

I don't make new years resolutions, don't believe in them, but I'm always up for learning something new. There's not a lot I can do that requires a lot of physical stamina, but I do enjoy learning new crafts so this year I'm going to take on learning tatting and improving my quilting abilities. I taught myself to knit last year. If I don't do some sort of handwork every day my hands and arms get crampy.

I'm going to keep up getting better and better at eating healthier. And trying to find more alternatives to the meds.

I am going to continue improving my sign language abilities. My kids and I are learning it together.

jl
  7. srappe

srappe New Member

I'm going to try to be more optimistic in midst of what has happened to me last year as far as rhuematoid arthiritis goes. I know that my maintenance with it will become easier as I push forward with my diet and my slow exercise and rhuematologist visits.
    I used to walk 2 to 3 miles a day,and then I had to stop. I have had hearing loss for 35 years or more, and fell down & hit my head on a bathroom hospital floor three days after my baby was born. Surgeons had to remove 2 blood clots and it's a miracle that I'm alive.
    I'm glad I found this website. I hope I can help anyone on this chat forum site.
  8. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

Your ideas all look good!

I still haven't decided exactly what my "new thing" will be this year yet. I took up drawing a few weeks ago and found out I can draw pretty decent portraits so I intend to keep practicing and learning in that area.

Hmmm...I'll keep thinking and come up with something I find interesting. Gotta keep the old brain stimulated!

Hugs to all
    Sylvia
  9. elliespad

elliespad Member

I hope to try doing a Gluten Free Diet for a few weeks, to see if it makes a significant difference in my energy.
  10. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

Pilates. Also, I am going to take the rest of the hydrogenated oils, etc, out of my diet. I am going to eat as organic as possible. I do a good job now b/c I am Celiac, but I can go more natural.