What Worked for Me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by ProHealth, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Faith, Family, Friends, -Supportive and positive atmosphere
    Helping others in need with chronic illness
    Ganoderma/Chinese Antivirals Astra Isatis / Gan Mao Ling/Zhong Gan Ling/ Agastaches
    Zofran
    Vitamin D
    Iron rich diet
    Oxygen
    Antivirals
    Hormones
    Accupuncture/Massage
    Organic food/ pesticide/ chemical free
    Lactose free milk
    no eggs
    no gluten
    Paleo Diet - Fruits/Vegetables/Meat
    Writing a blog for just me
    Writing a book for just me
    Teacher/Mentor/Confidant
    Read or Listen to Tapes
    Music /Inspirational/Relaxing/Hawaiin
    Visualize /Meditation Healing
    Dr. Bernie Siegel
    Faith/Worship/Church services online podcasts
    Foundation for a Better Life
    Inspirational quotes
    7 dimensions of health and wellness
    Occupational/Environmental/Spiritual/Physical/Mental/Emotional/Social
    Gentle Yoga/Walking outdoors
    Small breaks throughout the day outdoors or stationary bike 3-5 minutes
  2. denipink56

denipink56 Member

What is methionine and where do you buy it? How much does it cost?

Thank you, Denise
  3. denipink56

denipink56 Member

I have transitioned to a mostly vegetarian diet and i also do my best to eat gluten free. I make a huge effort to walk outside as much as possible. I am a large lady and walking is painful for me but i push through and i am losing weight and getting stronger.

Fish oil
    B12
    Multi V & M
    D3
    Lakota joint care
    Vit C

I have a vegan doctor that treats me as if i were his own family. I also have a really good and active spiritual life. Friends and family are very supportive.

Denise
  4. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

By avoiding gluten, anything containing MSG (and there are a ton of hidden forms), limiting nitrates/nitrites, and attempting to eat as organic as possible, I do pretty well. HOWEVER, along with this...

I feel I also have "Multiple Chemical Sensitivities" and this includes anything with a petroleum base. This includes all forms of soap/detergents, makeup, lotions, etc. I avoid all herbicides/pesticides (as much as possible). I absolutely avoid prescription medications and most OTC's. I also avoid multi-vitamins since they contain many artificial vitamins.

When I do laundry (as an example), I do a standard wash. But, then, I do another entire cycle using plain water to make sure all the soap is rinsed out well. Today's detergents are very concentrated and I also only use 1/3 of the recommended amount. Just doing this, my body no longer feels like it's burning and my internal quakes have eased.

I do not put plastics to my mouth in any form. I carry paper straws with me since most food establishments use plastic glasses. I also carry metal eating utensils if I'm somewhere where plastic utensils are used. Avoiding plastic is hard...if I purchase something in plastic, I get the largest container I can buy. I never, ever cook in plastic (microwave). Foods in "boil in" bags are pure poison in my book. I will not drink water from a plastic bottle. I've saved glass bottles, fill them and carry them with me. "Teflon"-type cookware is totally avoided. "Consuming" plastics causes inflammation.

If I buy a supplement, I try to find one with the least ingredients. My supplements are:

Magnesium Malate
    Vitamin D
    Vitamin C

I learned a lot just by reading here on ProHealth. My "a-ha" moment came when I compared FM to reactions to chemotherapy. A woman, who was an RN, replied...yes, it was. Chemotherapy, of course, in any form is nothing but pure chemicals. I then began to focus on eliminating "chemicals" in my life.

By combining suggestions, like the above, I do "control" my FM. I seldom flare. My downfalls are: storm fronts and eating "hidden" MSG (eating out is difficult). When I eat MSG (et al), I can't sleep, develop restless leg syndrome, become depressed and, of course, flare.

I'm a big advocate for the labeling of GMO foods. Again, these foods are full of chemicals.

This is not an easy way to live, but neither is living with the feeling you're walking through mud, wanting to stay in bed and having to deal with all the pain...
  5. Abdulrahman

Abdulrahman Member

6. joshkz

joshkz Member

Hi Josh,

There are`nt many people lp works properly for i know 2 versions of it, but it does`nt work that well for me....i could explain that as "my brain doesnt like it that much" . I also saw so called therapists to help me with it , who were crap.....most of these people only had a few months training (or weeks), i dont think nearly any of the eft/lp/mt/ etc etc people are well trained.. I also find the lp attitude of "oh do it 100 times of day & you`ll be fine" again a contradiction, why? well if i could do that 100`s of time a day i would NOT have ME!!!! makes me angry.....surprised you got well,as it really does sound like u had ME......

Josh...............

p.s if anyone wants to try lp try ashok guptas` program its £100....or u can go see someone at a so called therapist center & pay 500........

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  7. Minifarmmom

Minifarmmom Member

Where did you her about Transfer Factor? It was developed by Dr. Hennen. It's made with marine phytoplankton
  8. Minifarmmom

Minifarmmom Member

9. Minifarmmom

Minifarmmom Member

Is anyone knowledgeable about Microdose cortisol Therapy? There is a company here that manages the treatment but would like to speak to someone that has experience with it to fine out if it worked for them.
  10. I’ve been following Dr. Jacob Teitlebaum’s SHINE protocol (SHINE stands for Sleep-Hormones (includes thyroid and adrenals)-Infections-Nutrition-Exercise) well over one year. In addition to a full-time job, I can cook, clean (yes, even vacuum), do laundry, go grocery shopping, can walk for at least 3 miles at a time (sometimes I can sprint run if I have to), attend church on Sunday, travel longer distances, take music lessons, and practice trumpet--a physically demanding instrument--for 2 ½ hours every night. I’ve learned to add things back into my life slowly and one at a time.

Here is a list of what I take. I’m proud that I’ve been able to make this as cost effective as possible.

Sleep
    - FibroSleep - 1 @ bedtime; 1 more if awaken in the middle of the night
    - Jigsaw Magnesium w/ SRT - 4 @ bedtime
    - Zolpidem Tartrate (Ambien) - 10 mg @ bedtime *** had high quality sleep study, which revealed that lost 100% of Stage 3 and 82% of Stage 4. These are the deep stages of the sleep cycle (hate to take this medication, but only did after exhausting all possibilities)
    * prepare myself for sleep - take Epsom salt bath before bed, play relaxing music, make sure that the clock is away from bed, and use a meditation and guided imagery CD that is for people with fibromyalgia right before bed.
    * be in bed for at least 7-8 hours every night

Hormones (Adrenals + Thyroid)
    - Thyroid ( I needed a lot of work in this area)
    - Liothyronine SR (T3) - SR form protects the heart; get at Irmat Pharmacy in NYC; at a compounding pharmacy the dosage can be gradually increased at 5 mcg; might want to have heart checked out first before taking; taken in AM one hour before eating
    - Armour Thyroid - combination of T3 +T4; taken in AM; one hour before eating

Adrenals
    - Adrenal Stress End - 2 tablets in AM
    - Siberian Ginseng - 1 @ 500 mg in AM
    - Pregnenolone - 10 mg 2x daily
    - also drink herbal tea, Ginseng Vitality, throughout the day (it also contains Astragalus which is good for the immune system. It also contains Dong Quai which is good for the hot flashes that I was having with peri-menopause. In addition, it provides a variety of Ginsengs).
    - learned to develop a more relaxed attitude

Energy
    - Energy Revitalization System - 1 scoop in AM
    - D-Ribose – 2-3 scoops daily; 1-2 in AM; 1 w/ dinner – there is a bed-ridden dosage of 4-6 scoops/daily according to one of my doctors
    - Acetyl L-Carnitine - 1 in AM 500 mg in AM; 1 500 mg @ dinner
    -CoQ10 - 100 mg; 2 in AM; total of 200 mg

Deficiencies:
    - Iron
    - Vitamin D
    - Vitamin B (get shot at visit with doctor)

Infections - see if there are any infections, including hidden

Nutrition - high protein, low carb., low sugar diet; eliminated any suspected food allergens

Exercise - walking

Psychotherapy – dealt with childhood abuse and self-esteem issues

I also found that listening to music and playing music certainly helps.

In addition, protein shakes with high protein and low sugar for energy at times are helpful.

Hope that this really helps someone! Dr. T’s protocol has helped me immensely.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  11. 195Austin

195Austin Member

12. arthur564

arthur564 Member

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue but found out that i was poisoning myself with certain foods. In fact it was Soya and Milk Proteins. When I came off all them, my symptoms disappeared after 3 weeks of abstinence and I can bring them back now by eating certain foods. There is a strong link between food intolerances and immunogenicity. I also developed ankle arthritis but fortunately I found a brilliant video that helps explain it to me starring Radagast from the Hobbit, Sylvester McCoy - - I would recommend this to anyone.
  13. GvMeStrgth

GvMeStrgth Member

Metagenics Thyrosol and Magnesium for starters.

If you go with the Thyrosol give it a good 1-2 months of continuous intake to see results.

I did something foolish by not buying more for a month thinking I could survive for a few weeks without until I bought more. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

I'm finally feeling better and will make another attempt to try working at least part time for beginners.
  14. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Chronic Lyme disease and Co-Infections may be the missing contributing factor in the mitochondrial dysfunction and pathogenesis of diseases we see today.

Protecting our mitochondria from infectious oxidative inflammation needs to be our first priority as these toxins created by these infections can be a huge contributing factor.

My research has convinced me that the inflammation, ROS, mitochondrial damage caused by killing this infections may be more detrimental than the infections themselves. We need to limit the collateral damage done to the body as our first priority is to protect the mitochondria from oxidative damage.

We need to utilize antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and killing modalities all in one therapy. The goal is to turn inflamed infected cells back to normal cells without destroying the mitochondria in the process. It's the immune response to the infections that creates the symptoms. Treatment must be focused on immune modulation in order to achieve long term recovery.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  15. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014 at 8:58 AM
    Sherpa_ likes this.
  16. Just carry on and hope you'll find your expected result.
  17. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member