What work's for you for PMS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjr2003, Apr 2, 2006.

1. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

Am having horrific PMS ya'll, and it is just about to send me over the edge. I posted about PMDD, but haven't gotten a response yet; I imagine it might be something alot of people haven't heard of? If you know any natural remedies or vitamins that work well for PMS, can u please post? I have researched some and have found vitamin B6 is a possible "helper" - no more than 100mg per day though according to what I have read, any larger doses could do more harm than good. Please share if u have had any luck w/ any particular thing. Thanks so much, lol Carla
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

for me was pulling out the cutlery drawers and throwing them across the floor!!! Seriously I can recall doing that. I used to get BAD PMS(PMT for Brits)(LOL)

I always used to think PMS was my "real self" and the rest of the time I was able to control it!!!

I know that Storm is bound to have some advice for you on remedies, black cohosh or something. Hey Stormy where art thou.

I am so glad no more PMS (one trades it for wrinkles).

Love Anne C

3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

along w/ calcium and mag. Be sure to take b-complex w/ b-6, not good to take b's alone.

Vitex ( chasteberry) can also be helpful, stay away from caffiene. A little progesterone cream can help as well.

I would use 2 or 3 things for 2 mos. and then try something else, so you can see which are helping.

Here's to less PMS.:)

Claudia
  4. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

hee hee hee hee. . . .. still laughing - yes, that is exactly what I feel like doing when I get like this!! It feels great to slam doors,drawers, anything I can get in my hands :>) I took some B-6, 100mg this afternoon, and I can hardly believe it, but I actually feel RELIEF, and when I get this PMS, there is usually NO RELIEF in sight til Aunt Flo comes. I really don't think it is the placebo effect either! I just feel so much better.( for the moment) I am sure when I wake 2-morrow my monster face will be there again :>( I am so glad you don't have PMS still either! I wouldn't wish it on ANYONE!! I keep forgetting you are a Brit! I am re-reading your email with the Brit accent in place :>) I have always loved that accent!! Thanks for the thoughts! Ya got me to smile!! :>)))))))) Love, Carla
  5. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

Hi - thanks for the suggestions :>) I am going to WMart soon - gotta put some of that on my list. Probably can't do the fish oil - am allergic to catfish - not sure on that one - I used to take it for arthritis as a supplement,but always wondered if it contributed to my migraines since I was allergic to catfish. Some of them specifically say "If you are allergic to fish, do not use this product" and some of them don't have that warning on the back. Hmmm? I don't know. Magnesium puts me in a horrific flare and gives me a migraine - I don't even understand that one, it just doesn't make any sense but it happens every time I take it so I had to stop trying it for fibro. I will look into the chasteberry and def. the calcium. Thanks so much, I took the B-6 earlier this afternoon - 100mg and I felt so much better by the time I got to church. I thought that was pretty amazing. I don't usually get any relief til Aunt Flo comes. Nice to get a breather and not feel so witchy! :>)))))))))))) LOL Carla
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i love the intimate moments...don't worry you can always talke ;your man into a nice intimate moment...just tell him it gets the good endorphin hormones higher...so the pms will go away for a while...

jodie

but seriously though flaxseed oil and i thinking itis evening primrose oil as well..

birth control pills help too

lady i had in a group therapy class said she took a little welburtrin and prozac

jodie