What works for you?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Wingingit, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Wingingit

Wingingit New Member

I am fairly new to this board and after reading through many of the posts, I can't seem to get any concensus on the medications or supplements that you guys know are helping you.
    I've read a ton of info on FMS and now am really confused. There seems to be a lot of conflicting info out there as to the best types of treatment.
    Thought I'd come to you guys since you know your bodies and what works better than any doctor.
    What have you found to be the most helpful in easing your symptoms?
    My sister suggested I take calcium and magnesium every day.
    I have already been taking glucosamine.
    I have been reading about gauifenisen...anyone using this?
    I have in the past tried NSAIDS(all), muscle relaxants, various antidepressants including ampitriptyline, and nothing provides any relief so I end up relying on heating pads and ice packs and Imovane to sleep at night.
    Anyone out there having any better luck with this?
  2. Wingingit

Wingingit New Member

I am fairly new to this board and after reading through many of the posts, I can't seem to get any concensus on the medications or supplements that you guys know are helping you.
    I've read a ton of info on FMS and now am really confused. There seems to be a lot of conflicting info out there as to the best types of treatment.
    Thought I'd come to you guys since you know your bodies and what works better than any doctor.
    What have you found to be the most helpful in easing your symptoms?
    My sister suggested I take calcium and magnesium every day.
    I have already been taking glucosamine.
    I have been reading about gauifenisen...anyone using this?
    I have in the past tried NSAIDS(all), muscle relaxants, various antidepressants including ampitriptyline, and nothing provides any relief so I end up relying on heating pads and ice packs and Imovane to sleep at night.
    Anyone out there having any better luck with this?
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Hi Wingingit! I am new here, too! One thing I have taken away from reading this board, and other information, as well, is that as individuals, we all respond differently. What seems to work for one--doesn't necessarily work for another. I think I have come across what seems to be making a difference for me. Time will tell. I think putting all the info in a basket, so to speak, and trying those that seem a viable choice for you is the route to go.
    Those that don't work--throw them away after some trial.
    Being in control, and managing my own progress seems to have helped me. I am not going it alone, though, by any means. I have found a wonderful physician, who by sheer volumn and length of time, has wonderful insights, on treating me as an individual, having a common diagnosis, to those he has seen in the past.
    Karen
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I would be totally useless without small doses of Xanax. I also need my B complex, COQ10 and magnesium, digestive enzymes and probiotics. I need to do my aerobic exercise, because after 2 days of not doing it, I will be so stiff I waddle from pain. But, by far the most important thing for me is to stay miles away from people and situations that upset me. We are all different, and you will have to find out by trial and error what works for you. Good luck,
    KLutzo