What works to get you through a horrible pain cycle???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hawkeye, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

What is the best remedy for your pain? I am talking non medical. I know I love to wrap myself up in my heated throw and just lay there and watch TV something mindless to try to get my mind off the pain. It seems if I don't move or sit up it is tolerable.
    Just thought it would be fun (for lack of a better word this is not fun) and we may learn new things to try through what has worked for others.
    Please post!
  2. tut90

tut90 Member

The only thing that works for me besides meds, is to take a hot bath with epsom salt, and just try to relax and meditate. The relief it's only good for a little while, once I get out of the bathtub.

3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I lay as still as I can.

I also use pain spray and Lidocaine patches for some of the pain, depending on the kind it is.

That's it. I suffer constantly with this. I just keep taking the next breath so I'm still alive.

4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

things that help sometimes and don't others...stretching, heat, ice, massage, using a theracane on the trigger points, the whirlpool spa

one thing that has helped every time but is not advisable too often for obvious reasons is the tanning bed

Icy Hot usually gives some relief, as does a homeopathic pain gel my mom told me about....and there are homeopathic pain pills that help some

I only resort to meds when it is extremely bad bc I hate the way they make me feel, but if it's bad enough I will take Flexeril or Darvocet, depending on the type of pain