What Would Bring You True Relief ???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by abcanada, Dec 2, 2006.

1. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I've been thinking about this today and I'm beginning to think that the only thing that may bring me some true relief from the constant pain and migraines I endure would be to go somewhere-far away from all civilization, be alone for a few weeks (at least) and be completely waited on & pampered(although that may be hard given I'd like to be far away from EVERYONE)! I hope this doesn't sound too selfish, but I'm in constant pain, I have 4 small children and I've been very sick for close to 2 years now. I feel like this type of break may give me some hope to heal, as currently trying to do so in my present environment has been unsuccessful. I would like to have my husband with me, as all I like to do lately is lay in bed & be held tightly. I hope everyone else is feeling better than I am today. Take Care, Laura
  2. abcanada

abcanada New Member

My mom & sister have been helping out some but they both work full time. My husband helps with kids, but also works hard & long hours. The oldest girl is at school all day & the oldest boy goes to kindergarden in the afternoons while I nap with the younger 2. I'm presently working to find someone to come in & help; both a housecleaner & babysitter part time, as my mom graciously offered to pay for it. I live in the land of opportunity(Calgary) and all industries are finding it next to impossible to find new staff. Tons of jobs, but no one to fill them. Teens are making 12-14$$ /hour at coffe shops!!! Anyway, I'm looking for a third grandmother. I need to get off my but & get someone, but have been very sick & find it hard to do anything. Thanks for your suggestions, Laura.
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Not to have to do this alone.

Precious children, Laura.

4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Just some Natural Energy would be nice .I think I could deal with this level of pain if I could just get energy
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

While it might not take away all of the pain, etc., I would think along the same lines as you.

I would love to live, where ringing phones don't exist, people do not have expectations that sometimes I just won't live up to, dealing with others, an area that is humid free and has lots of sun. I would be in control of when I choose to see others, and the amount of time they would spend with me. My DH is such a wonderful and kind man, I would allow him to come! I am very fortunate. Like you said Laura, away from civilazation, BUT, I would want to be close enough so I could see a good hairstylist! LOL

My kids were in there early and late teens, when I was DX. They weren't and sometimes still, aren't very supportive at the ages of 24 and 19. I cannot imagine being a young mom with little kids. I pray for all of you.

God love you honey. I truly pray that sometime in your life you will be able to 'get-away' for several weeks.