What would you choose to lose, fatigue or pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bruinz, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

If you could pick to live without one of the following, what would you choose to live without?

Fatigue or pain?

I would keep the pain and get rid of the fatigue. I find the fatigue the hardest to deal with.

I would like to hear the thoughts of others with FMS.

Thank you

Bruinz
  2. cupimick

cupimick Member

I have pain that makes it impossible to drive , go out and even do simple things ,you take for granted. . It is so bad that morphine has not worked. I have enormous stress in my life which is making the pain sooooooooooooo bad.

Fatigue is bad for many and I get that occasionally but I am able to work thru it and with pain its just plain so debilitating that I feel like I no longer have a life, I might as well be paralyzed cause I can't walk , use my arms so I would say PAIN def, for last 7 yrs.

Deanna
  3. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

In my case, I would get rid of the fatigue. I have pain on a daily basis, but not as severe as some here on the board.

My pain medication helps me to be able to make it along, but I don't have any medication for exhaustion so bad that I don't know how I'm going to put one foot in front of the other.

I guess it just depends on each individual. It will be interesting to see what everyone has to say.

Kinsie
    [This Message was Edited on 09/20/2006]
  4. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

pain can be treated fatigue no releif for it
  5. I would LOVE to be painfree, I could drink caffeine for energy. Oh to dream.
  6. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

For me I would definitely choose to live without the fatigue because I can treat the pain.

For me I think my fatigue makes my pain worse.

Interesting post!

carolin
  7. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

I am so sorry the pain is soooo bad. I wish you less pain and stress.
  8. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

Thank you all for your thoughts, its great to see there are others like me that can still hold their heads high enough to dream.

Thank you

Bruinz
  9. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

sometimes I feel so darn foggy from it I can't even concentrate on what is going on.
  10. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Good Post BRUINZ!!

I've diagnosed with FMS and CFIDS for over 8 years. It's been a struggle, but I've always been able to push myself by taking something for the pain and I'd keep going. Well maybe I pushed myself too much because this past year my body has said "Enough!!!" and the fatigue has hit me in a big way!! The word "exhausted" doesn't even cover it....there should be a new word for this kind of tired.

I hate to keep either one, but if I had to choose, I would get rid of the fatigue.

Lolalee
  11. Marta608

Marta608 Member

If I could choose, why choose just one? I'd get rid of both.

Marta
  12. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Bruinz:

I would like to get rid of the pain. I feel that I could manage the fatigue better. My level of pain, like so many others, is very great. Be gone with it, I say!

nyrofan
  13. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Then I'd have more energy. The pain zaps me of life and is unrelenting, shocking, and unbelievable!
    Mini
  14. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I sure wish I could get a med that would help me with my pain, but since nothing has worked for it so far, I have to say I'd choose getting rid of the pain.

My hips and legs are killing me now, and keeping me for being able to do anything. Everything I try to do just makes it worse.

Barb
  15. charlenef

charlenef New Member

this is what keeps me in my bed all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can no longer drive even to the local drug store. if i could sit in a chair it would make my life 100x better i would sit in a wheel chair if i could.my worst pain is from cmp not the fibro. if i only had fibro i think i would have atleast 1/2 my life back. charlene
  16. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

Thank you to all the above posts. I have reread all of them a dozen times. Good thoughts and ideas.
    Very sorry for your sufferings.

Thank you

Bruinz
  17. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

For me cymbalta and supplements have helped bring the pain (nost of the time) to a tolerable level. But the fatigue.....there is no amount of coffee that helps this. I would definetly dump the fatigue.

I do however, like what someone said about getting rid of both of them..... YES!!!
  18. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

The thought of just having one day without the pain would be a god send. Fatigue I am use to. I have teenagers and I think I get more tired from them then from anything else. The pain however is never ending even taking pills i'm lucky to get to a 7 level. Take the pain would be my vote.
  19. mindbender

mindbender New Member

even my pain has pain (I've got FM)
  20. koolkat

koolkat New Member

If I could choose one it would be to be rid of pain. I've had fibro for over 12 years and had severe migraines before I got fibro..now it's worse . I'm also so sick and tired of being "sick and tired". I want to live life and here where I live getting a doctor to listen about the pain, nevermind getting pain relief. They just don't understand. I wish they could live a few days in my body. thanks for the post.