WHAT would YOU do if tomarrow you had your HEALTH BACK

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by popgun, Feb 24, 2003.

1. popgun

popgun New Member

A man who thinks money is everything has never been sick or he is.
  2. aprilhuque

aprilhuque New Member

a delicious meal, go to a local theme park and ride roller coasters all day, play with my cat all day long, write a book, run a marathon, travel, travel, travel!!!!

Soft hugs
    April
  3. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

lay down on the floor again with my grandbaby sitting on my feet and hugging my legs as I lift her up and down. How I miss the energy I use to have.
    HURTSALOT2
  4. KAZZE

KAZZE New Member

.....I'd join a gym, go swimming, finish the garden,ride a bike, do more with the children....run up and down the stairs!!!!
  5. patchwork

patchwork New Member

if it was just for a day or for the rest of my life. If it was for ever I would cherish every single second. I definately would'nt re-join the Rat Race. I'd never work flat out at one thing.I'd use every moment wisely and I hope I'd continue to know who my real friends are.Of course I'd look after my health and that of those I love and I'd pass the secret of my recovery on to you guys!
    If it was just for a day - well I'd be stupid and cram in as much as I could !!!
  6. barbarann

barbarann New Member

I would go dancing with my husband and dance every dance again. Barbarann
  7. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

I would get back into the dance world and dance every weekend, dripping sweat like I used to do,
    wash and wax my own car - which I miss doing,
    start taking showers everyday instead of every other day to save energy, Put my make up on everyday, curl my hair every day, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - I'd be working again which would make me feel like I'm actually worth something now.
    Oh.....and get rid of the wheelchair I have in my trunk.....
    I think you all get the drift, I'D DO IT ALL................
    Betty
    P.S. We all gotta keep dreaming to keep out spirits up. Don't let this crap ruin us....someone will come up with something for us, hopefully soon.
  8. Bambi

Bambi New Member

I'd pack up this house and move to
    the country. I'd open a boutique type
    thrift store and have a pot belly stove and a big round table with fat
    chairs for people to hang out. I'd
    raise miniature horses and I'd run
    everywhere I went. I'd jump high and
    click my heels together. I'd go to
    every dance and dance clear after the
    band stopped. I'd walk for miles. I'd
    lay down in the snow in the winter and roll down a hill in the summer.
    I'd hug myself and everyone I met. I'd swing for hours in a tree swing.
    I'd climb a hill and run down. I'd
    scream for joy and not from pain. Hugs, Bambi
  9. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I would go back to work and work the whole day just to see my old friends. I would come home play ball with the children and wing them in the air as I used to. I would pack up the tent and the boat and we woould go to the lake and go tubing. We would sit around the camp fire and grill and then make smores. I would be able to stay awake to watch my children as they slept. Boy to have that tomorrow come.. That is exactly what i would do spend it will the people I love and doing the things I once took for granted.
    Joannie
  10. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

I would start with renewing my social life. Staring with my children I would go visit. Take a well deserved vacation and do all the things I love,Play tennis, white water raft, ride horses,dance,dance,dance,water ski and on & on. Then get a business started again. Also do everything I could do to fight this dd to help all my fm friends. I may just even punch out a few drs.,don`t have the strength now.I would just love life. Actually my one feaar is the cure will come when I will be toooo old to appreciate,if I make it to that point, then I may really be pis---. I will try to forgive those who did not hang in there, only to help myself,mainly by letting them see the person I am inside this messed up brain, because people always thought I was fun to be around, now they would see the true me and that with this dd I was not who I knew, they might realize then I was truly ill.I`m speaking of family and friends.
  11. samjenkin

samjenkin New Member

Cuddle my cats, do some gardening, carry on my house renovations, make love to my partner, do a full set of dance exercises, visit a friend and go shopping (and enjoy it instead of wondering whether I am going to be able to get home under my own steam).
  12. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

I would get in my car and drive cross country and see everything I've always wanted to see. I would go dancing. I would take my grandkids to DisneyWorld. And if I worked at all, it would only be part-time. I would plant a garden. And tons of rose bushes. I would volunteer at the nursing home and be a mentor for a child. And drop to my knees and thank God for this wonderful miracle.

((((hugs))))
    Annette
  13. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

I would drive to the beach, kick up the sand with my bare feet! Swim in the ocean and lay out in the sun to dry myself. Or I would drive to the mountains and find a hiking path, find a beautiful waterfall and sit on a rock and just feel the calm of the water rushing down. I would drive the scenic route back home to Michigan to see my family. Hmmm... imagine that a day with no pain.
  14. LindaW

LindaW New Member

I too would refinish some furniture.I"ve had an unfinished rocker in my sun porch for a year that I to stain.
    as for the beach I too love it and I am so thankful I live close to it
    Linda
  15. LindaW

LindaW New Member

Your post made my heart smile- you sound like a fun person
    Linda
  16. epicurean

epicurean New Member

First, I would go to the Bahamas with my husband(we used to go a lot in another life).we need a little romance brought back into our lives.
    Then I would just enjoy everyday things-esp. cooking for all my family.And mostly playing with my 20mo. old grandson!!
    Would be nice going to my Doctor's and answering when they ask how I am saying "JUST FINE"!!!
    We have to think sometimes dreams do come true.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/25/2003]
  17. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

It's so overwhelming to see so many things we are missing out on and you are so right...money sure helps but if I got a million right now I'd just pay my bills and give the rest away because without my health, how the heck can I enjoy it!!!!

To feel good like I used to would be another story. FIrst thing I'd do is 100 jumping jacks and several jumps in the sack with hubby (if you get my drift...ha, ha). Then drive across country for a nice long trip stopping off at all the sites and seeing everything I've always wanted to see, go river rafting, skiing, sky-gliding, etc.,etc... then visit all my relatives I haven't seen in years...see my grandbabies who I've missed so much because I can't travel anymore. The list is endless....

I'm not giving up though...I still have hope that I will get better and at least be able to do some of those things.

Blessing to you all for your wish list to come true!
  18. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

run a marithon, not because I like to run, but because I could......
  19. kadywill

kadywill New Member

make love to my husband and MEAN it! I would relax and achieve the desired results!! LOL

drive to see my grandbabies

drive to see my relatives who won't drive to see me

cook and clean more

write letters, not e-mails

begin a good diet and exercise program

wear pretty clothes, not just comfortable clothes!

wear make-up and really "doll up!"

greet my husband wearing just a smile everyday

unplug the TV and computer!

throw out ALL my meds!!

have plastic surgery and have my spider veins removed!

get my teeth whitened

go back to my nursing job that I love!!!!!!!!!

go out on dates with my husband

get a second job to earn more money

cancel my PT appts.

cancel my doctor appts.

become the social person I once was

go to my class reunions

take a trip overseas

have family reunions at my house each summer

remodel my house myself

help my husband more so that he isn't so overworked

be a foster parent

work outside more and have a beautiful yard

volunteer for more jobs at church

keep my grandchildren overnight more often

research geneology

further my education

learn to sew and make my clothes

never complain over the small things

continue to have much empathy/sympathy for those in chronic pain

forgive those who treated me badly while I was sick

go out dancing with my husband

learn to play the guitar better

pray daily that I would not outlive my loved ones, but would die peacefully in my sleep and be a burden to no one!!!

would continue to encourage others to live one day at a time while keeping the Serenity Prayer close to their heart!!
    Love,
    Kady

[This Message was Edited on 02/25/2003]
  20. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

Achy Shaky. The tears of how sad this all really is. Wow how sad. I would take a trip to Florida to see my son and his family. My grandaughter. Haven't seen them in over a year. I would love to go on a camping trip and go hiking. I miss the out doors. I would pack up my truck and head for Nevada to see my family.