What's a good day for you? How is it spent?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrpain, Jun 24, 2006.

1. mrpain

mrpain New Member

What do you consider a good day is for you and how is the time spent. Is it being with your family? Is it taking walks with a love one. Is it just spending time alone reading a book or watching T.V. ?

Have you been to sick to even consider it? Would a vacation be a good day or just add more stress? Let me know what a good day, weekend, or time is to you and how you spend it.. It could even be as simple as a nice cup of tea with a good friend, but let me know what you think..
  2. IlivetocantoronXena

IlivetocantoronXena New Member

Unfortunately we do have good and bad days. I need at least 12-14 hour of sleep to have a good day sad isn’t it but I have to listen to my body. On good days I love to spent it at the stables with my kids and hubby and my horses. I don’t have to ride every day though. I wish I could be able to with my body but that doesn’t happen all the time. I love grooming, doing feed and graining them and YES picking out stalls with crap in it (lol). 3 years ago I was bed ridden due to many health issues. And I was like that from 1998-2003. I have to admit this has been the best year so far, I am out of bed most days. But a few days in the month I do have to pamper myself and force my self to stay in bed.
    I would love to go on vacation on a cruise and have done it in 1997 for a 3 night/4 day cruise it was so nice but on the 3 rd night I was bad. Don’t know how I would do now, maybe I will have to try on again soon. Thanks for letting me go on and on.
    Michelle
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Most days, I'm happy if I can get the sleep I need, bathe and get dressed, do a bit of light housework and feel able to read a bit and/or sit at the computer for a little while. Being able to walk around the block with my walker (which I try to do each day) is an indicator of a good day. Being able to visit with a friend or go out for a bit is a bonus.

A very good day for me is one where I'm inspired to get out of the house for an hour or two. I don't mean those days that I push myself to get out due to an obligation or expectation but those days (far and few between) when I actually feel well enough to go to a movie or to the mall.

Everything's relative isn't it? What I consider a good day now, I would have considered a sick day a few years ago.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

On a good day, I can cook a little (read: chopping an apple or making salad dressing), read more easily than usual, watch TV for awhile, make two phone calls, and play the recorder. I'm always lying down when I'm not on the computer.
  5. serenety

serenety New Member

i manage to get the house work done.......i know, how sad is that, but beleive me it`s what makes me feel "normal"
    Serenety.
  6. jole

jole Member

A good day for me has been doing one thing that doesn't have to do with work or sleep. this week I'm cutting back work one day - I will now have Wednesday's off to rest so I can make it through the other 4 days.

Hopefully I will be able to see enough difference that on the weekend I may actually have a "good" day once in awhile. I would like to refinish an old trunk of my husband's grandmother's. I know it will take a long time and I would like to be able to start it.

Friends - Jole
  7. meggs121

meggs121 New Member

The best day for me would be spent playing my clarinet.

But since my good days are not that good. A good day is when I get showered and dressed before tea time and still have enough energy to play at few short tunes on the piano

8. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

A good day is when my pain doesn't hit me in the middle of trying to do something, like vacuuming, trying to grocery shop, or even walking on the treadmill at the gym.

When I have a good day, my husband is usually at work, so I generally try to get a bunch of stuff done around the house that I've been putting off. Like finishing the painting my bi-fold door in laundry area.

But, then I usually overdo it. I AM learning to stop after a project to rest, something I never did before.

I also like visiting my mom or dad, or friends and their fur babies.

I haven't been too sick to consider these things...yet, and thank God.

I do not like vacations. They are more trouble than they are worth.

I like staying at home to enjoy my blow-up pool and have a cook out with family: kids, grandkids, and all!

Best wishes,
    C-mom

9. sisland

sisland New Member

Mr.P
    I would have to say that a good day for me would be Hmmmmmmm about 70* outside ! and i'm up early getting the day started! Driving 85 miles to see my DaD which i only do about once a month!!.................................thats one way so round trip is 170 miles so when i get there we visit, have lunch go for a walk and visit some more! of course i take my Dazze dog along and some how she finds stuff to roll in (like Cow Manure) Yeah!! ....................................So then we stop down at the creek and give her a bath!!Lollol thats a great day for me believe it or not! the drive home is not to bad ! can hardly move the next day! but it was fun yesterday!!....................................................sisland p.s. My Dad is 87 and in better health than me.
  10. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I'm glad you enjoy being with your dad. My daughter and I are close and I sure enjoy her company...
  11. baanders

baanders New Member

Hi Mr. Pain.

A good day is waking up on a weekend...and greeting my precious husband sent from the Lord. It's watching reruns of "The Waltons" or "Little House on the Prarie" on my DVD recorder so I can wonder away. It's making a few good meals for the two of us...doing laundry, dishes, and going grocery shopping if I'm feeling really good. Singing outloud and laughing whenever possible. Playing with my 2 adorable mixed labs. Having my husband help out any way he can...in so many ways that I don't understand why. Sometimes we go for day trips. We go to church once a month to healing services. Then praying with my husband late at night for my healing.

blessings
    baanders
  12. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

but a good back massage from a giving partner would be nice...and have him cook dinner for me...i seem to have a knack for cooking and these men think i am their darn mothers...

i would love to go watch a good san francisco giants game...you take the ferry boat over from marin county and you are right their at the stadium...then you can maybe watch barry bonds hit one out into the bay...

jodie