What's a good multi-vitamin for CFIDS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovecraft, Dec 15, 2002.

1. lovecraft

lovecraft New Member

I've read Dr. Cheney's "Basic Treatment Plan for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome," and he suggests that a good multi-vitamin WITHOUT iron and copper is the best. I've tried finding one of these, but so far have only come upon a fairly expensive one on the Internet. Any suggestions?

H.P. Lovecraft
  2. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

Its hard to find a good supplement with and without a lot of things, ie. iron and copper. Since I'm anemic, finding one without iron isn't a concern of mine. However, since I have way too much copper, and its nearly impossible to find a good quality, high potency multi without it, I don't let that inclusion stop me from trying different ones. In the meantime, I take a lot of Vitamin C (~3g) to chelate my excess copper, and I try to avoid foods that are high in copper, such as shellfish and chocolate.

I take a very expensive multi (master formula by primal nutrition), but it includes a lot more than most multies have, plus its cheaper for me since I have to take so many additional supplements, which are already included in this multi. But, one that I really like, and is pretty inexpensive, is Solgar's female multiple (of course if you are male I doubt you'd want to take this one lol). You can generally find it for 40% off (online) which makes it under $16 a month. Last week someone was asking about Dr. Teitlebaum's daily supplement drink. Its geared for those with CFS, so you might want to check it out. Its made by enzymatic therapy. Also, if you click the "store" tab at the top of this page, you can find some good multies for CFS/FM.

Good luck,
    Annette
  3. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

I have found that Stress B Complex and Omega Plus and Vitamin C and E help a little (I don't know which)

They seem to help with the achiness and the sore muscles

Also, a combo of Magnesium/Zinc/Calcium helps with sleep