What's a good sleeping pill?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Astarte, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Astarte

Astarte New Member

I've taken Ambien, got Amnesia from it, more than Amnesia eating too. It was very bad and could have been dangerous.
    Clondiazepam 1mg is not working at all. I'm wide awake till past 3am every night and it's been over a week.

I need to fall asleep fast and deeply for 7 hours without a hung over feeling. Any suggestions from your experiences?

Star
  2. Scapper

Scapper New Member

I find L-tryptophan to be helping.

I also take Remeron with it.

Hope this helps!
  3. AnnJ

AnnJ New Member

Hi Star,
    I have been on Flexeril since February and I truly sleep like a baby.
    Hope this helps,
    AnnJ
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I am currently taking 15 mg of Restoril at night. It works well and also helps my anxiety. If I take it early enough and get enough sleep I don't have a hangover at all.

Restoril is in the same "family" as Klonopin but according to the drug information, it has less incidence of tolerance, where you need to take more to get the result.

Even so, I don't take it more than a week at a time. I rotate to Ambien every other week. My doctor agrees that is a good idea.
  5. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi I agree with the magneseum sp? Also I was on trazadone and it put me to sleep in like 20 min and gave me no hangover. I'm a light weight when it comes to pills.

I did become alergic to trazadone (like a lot of meds) so I had to stop. It worked soooooo good. Just keep trying until one works for you!
    Rene
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It'a the only one that works for me.Linda
    magnesium does work however check your meds for any drug interactions,Neurontin is one pain killer that can't be taken with magnesium.Linda[This Message was Edited on 08/13/2006]
  7. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

I have tried all sleeping tablets and had to stop taking them because of additives they contain.

I am taking the herb Passiflora in tincture form and take about two hours before bed and I get a good nights sleep and its natural and I dont have the very dopey feeling the next day the sleeping pills used to give me.

Arty