What's a safe wax for kitchen and bathroom floors?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SweetT, Oct 17, 2007.

1. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I live in an apartment with kitchen and bathroom floors that are white laminate/fake-tile, and get dirty easily. I'd like to shine them up a bit so that they don't need to be mopped everyday. Any suggestions?
  2. PBandJ

PBandJ New Member

I would suggest you clean your floors really well.

If you can, get down and scrub your floors.

I like to use greased lightnin'. Then use Future premium floor finish, made by Johnson. You can find it in your grocery store.

Don't get an off brand or store brand it doesn't work as well.

I have white linoleum in my kitchen and bath. We live in a county with red dirt. We spend a lot of time outside, so guess where a lot of the dirt winds up? Plus i have 4-legged furry children that don't know how to wipe their paws.

This works prettty well. The shine is super and doesn't have a strong smell, but I usually do mop myself to the door and go out and do some errand while it dries. 30 minutes or so.

I hope this helps
  3. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

White linoleum and clay???!!! You need more help than ANYTHING that comes in a bottle! How about a wading pool entryway that leads into a second foyer with a team of shoeshine boys and dog groomers standing by 24/7.

The Mop & Glo works pretty good for a quickie cleanup. "Cleans as it shines," and all that. I used to use Future a lot on a problem floor and it's great. Get the floor good and clean first and that stuff will make it shine like glass. I never have the energy or stamina for much though, and the Mop & Glo seems quicker and easier for me now.

I hope to hear more suggestions from others on this topic. Always looking for something better. I want to know how to get the whole floor the same as how it looks under the china cabinet!
  4. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Its a bit gross, but a lot of regular waxes are made from animal fats, and the cheap ones have a faint "odor".
    Think I'll just leave my floor unshinny:)