Whats best for inflammation???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz9601, Jan 11, 2006.

1. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I have a lot of inflammation throughout my body. What is the best natural treatment to ease some of this while I work on finding the cause? Thanks.
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

inquiring minds want to know!
  3. darude

darude New Member

4. LaurieEm

LaurieEm New Member

I may get flamed for this, and clearly it is not for everyone. But don't overlook plain old aspirin if you tolerate it. I, too, have a lot of inflammation, and it doesn't fix it all. But I take an aspirin twice a day and I can tell if I forget and leave it out of my mix.

Before you protest that it isn't natural, it was made from willow bark. Inexpensive, and if I had to go for the rest of my life with only one additive, for me and my family, this would be what I would take.

I'm glad we can still buy it without a prescription.
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

It's "the" post operative therapy in Germany, lots slower getting teh info out here.

I order them 4 bottles ata time from Prohealth's store, ProEnymeP, 200 per bottle. Helps w/ IBS bloat, period bloat and mild cramps and esp. for after diarrhea. Has replaced ibuprofen, COMPLETELY for me.

Jeanne
  6. mai

mai New Member

Hi! Try cucummin (spelling???) I can only say, it helped me, & is easy to buy. All the best to ALL of you! Love, Peace and improved Health for 2006. Mai :)
  7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I have two suggestions that I can vouch for personally

1) glucosomine sulfate
    2) cherry juice

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

I think I have the spelling right.??
    Its found in pineapple or you can get it in supplement form too. Its suppose to be really good at getting inflammation down.
    Best of luck
    Tandy
  9. gnanny

gnanny New Member

Cherry juice works for me !
    I had chronic achilles tendonitis for probably 15 years or more. I have tried several different doctors. The only thing that ever put the fire out was the steroid prednisone. That is until the 3rd day of being on cherry juice.

Wonderful stuff! Go to brownwoodacres dot com and read up.

Good luck, stephanie[This Message was Edited on 01/12/2006]
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

600 mg of ibuprofen works well -- maybe while you are researching the natural treatments
  11. suz9601

suz9601 Member

thanks for all the suggestions. I will try some of them.
  12. BethM

BethM New Member

Ginger is supposed to be a good inflammation fighter.

I can eat ginger, but taken in pill form it is very hard on my stomach, causes awful reflux. Most of the anti-inflammatory supplements have ginger in them, so I can't use them. Darn!

I think it's time to try the cherry juice again!

beth.