Whats Everybody doing tonight for New Year Eve?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by elliespad, Dec 30, 2006.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

My husband and I are going to my girlfriend and her husbands house, about 45 minutes away (nearer to the EGG). We'll drink a bit of White Russians, maybe play some cards, eat WAY TOO MUCH food, then complain that we ate too much. We have a SEAFOOD FEAST planned. This is what I'm bringing. Ya ready?

Shrimp Scampi
    Calypso Shrimp
    Shrimp Cocktail
    Sushi Rolls
    Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
    Spinach & Mushroom Quiche
    Brocoli Salad - YUM
    Corn Casserole
    Chocolate Cake

And SHE'S planning stuff too. It's going to be a BUFFET. Last year, we never made it to dessert, it's no wonder. I don't know what she has planned, but there's going to be PLENTY, so your ALL invited. Come on over.

My son is having a LAN party here tonight where all his friends bring their computers and network them and play video games online, all night. Means I won't get any sleep tonight. I was gonna cook food for them too, but think I will rescind that offer. I bought them a case of soda, and they all drive so they can fend for themselves.

So, what ya got planned?
  2. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Hope you both have a fantastic time tonight.I wish I could do both.
    Elliespad your party sounds amazing,please send me any leftover food.
    Aligrace watching movies & relaxing at New Year also sounds right up my street.They put special Hogmanay TV shows on here in Scotland about 11.15pm to about 2am with traditional Scottish music,dance & jokes & are great to watch with the family.
    But instead I'll be going to my local pub at around 10pm till,hopefully,about 1am to celebrate the New Year,can't drink as much as I used to or I'll suffer tomorrow.There's a band with traditional music & a buffet for £10 a head & it saves you having to clear up afterwards.So hopefully it should be good,I'll make sure I get a few hours rest before I go out.
    Happy New Year to you both & your families,have a Guid Yin,
    best Wishes,Paul.
  3. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Elliespad first off I must say that feast sounds amazing. Especially since you're including scallops, my favorite ;)

I'm just hanging out with my best friends and my parents. One of my friends is bringing her boyfriend to meet my parents since my parents are basically her parents, but he'll leave before midnight. Then it'll just be us, eating as much chex mix as we can manage before midnight, and watching tons of movies.

I"m excited ^_^
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I am going to dinner with my family and inlaws at 4:30. It's the only time I could get reservations! Then we'll play with my granddaughter and go to bed around 10:00.
  5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

You are cooking all of that food?! Well, your party sounds very fun! We had plans to celebrate with family/friends but we are just getting over the stomach flu. Plus, my husband (firefighter/medic) has to bring in the New Year at work. Wish we were going out, but that's okay. Hope you have a fantastic time, a white russian sounds good! Happy New Year to all! Kim :)
  6. mommygee

mommygee New Member

Husaband and I like to stay home. We call NYE "Amateur Night Out"....too scary around here to drive.

Last year, we moved on NYE and were asleep by 9pm.

I'm sure I'll be asleep before midnight. I'm lame like that. heehee
  7. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

I posted a post...I thought I hit reply...sorry...pls read if you are interested.
  8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm amazed at what all of you are doing tonight!

I'll be in bed by 8 or 9 as usual and struggling to stay up that late.

9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You are making all that stuff? By yourself? For one party? Wow, I'm impressed. Would love to drop by and dig in.

Nerdieduckie, I'm so old I remember when Chex Mix was new. (Back in the 50s.) My mother called it nuts and bolts. In the winter she would make a roasting pan of the stuff, two or three times. Sometimes she would put some in a coffee can and give it to friends.

Gordon and I have played cards w/ friends for the last 25 years or so. But no this year. One friend is in Prague making a movie.

And poor old Fred is about 88. His mind is pretty far gone...even worse than mine. He can't remember what's been played anymore. And he has gotten so cranky he's hard to be around. Old age plays cruel tricks on us.

Maybe I'll give the dogs a treat and take them for an extra long walk.

Got Nytt Aar! to you all.

10. mindbender

mindbender New Member

but I can't find anyone to take over watching the 2 lights burning in this room.

11. kholmes

kholmes New Member

My wife and I are staying home, making a large dinner of...pancakes, eggs, and sausage. For some reason, that's what we're hungry for. We'll probably watch the lighted ball fall in Times Square on TV and then go to bed early.

Your seafood feast sounds great, Elliespad. I hope your son enjoys his LAN party, too. That sounds like a neat idea.

Happy NY, EP. I'll be posting another "Where in the World" game soon, and I enjoyed your last time!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/31/2006]
  12. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Wow, all tht food sounds WONDERFUL !!!!! I sure love seafood as does DH ! We are not going to do anything much either but stay home and check out what is going on on the TV later on. Hope we can make midnight ! Ha If we make 11:00 our time that will be great. That will be midnight in the East, or NY Time. Lately we have been cheating and going by our time anyway (TX time and not NY.) We came from NY originally like 30 plus years ago .So, I guess we get to go to bed one hour earlier (I guess). Sounds like it anyway (-: !!

We already had some shrimp and wine and gumbo. Later on we will watch some TV and hopefully we can stay awake till the New Year comes in. Occasionally we have somebody over or go out to eat before playing cards afterwards but not the last couple of years. None of us want to be out and about on NYE with all the rambunctious revelors (sp) about. Guess we are showing our age and with the DD I felt old a long time ago.

Lots of warm hugs to you all,

Marilyn (Granni)