What's helped your myofascial pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrlondon, Sep 10, 2008.

1. mrlondon

mrlondon Member

Hi - Someone has suggested to me that I could benefit from treatment for myofascial trigger points. What's the best treatment for it? Any recommendations for a therapist in the Boston area? Thanks. - Mark

[This Message was Edited on 09/11/2008]
  2. mrlondon

mrlondon Member

The doctor I saw wants me to do an aggressive exercise and stretching program, but I was wondering what else is out there. Thanks. - Mark
  3. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Alarm bells went off when I saw that your doc is promoting an "aggressive exercise and stretching" regimen.

Exercise only within your limits and gentle stretching is what I would say is preferable.

Massage is good if you can afford it but go gently with the trigger point release at first as having this done several times in the summer put me into big pain flares each time.

Some have mentioned the Homedics shiatsu pillow which I am going to get - they also sell shiatsu and rolling massage cushions for the back which I tried in a store and it felt really good.

Hope you find relief.

Love Bunchy x
  4. mujuer

mujuer New Member

Please look up above your post and find the search. If you put in Chronic Myofascial Pain and then slide over to the right and put in "content" that will bring up alot of info. for you. P