What's made you worse?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by littleleafhopper, Sep 8, 2006.

1. littleleafhopper

littleleafhopper New Member

Hello to all,

This is a post asking all to tell briefly, or not so briefly what has made them worse.

One major thing comes to mind for me. I took a product called Florastor, (which is a form of yeast)! I had been told that it was a beneficial probiotic. Consequently without getting all my ducks in a row, I tried it. What a huge mistake.

I took half a bottle thinking I was having one heck of a herx. before I stopped. That sent me into a downward 6 mo.spiral, that I haven't quite come out of. Multiple doctor visits and two endoscopys(sp.)later I'm still not back to where I was.

Lesson to me: Try to be careful. I say try because there's a fine line between trying to help yourself and becoming fearful and doing nothing when something really backfires.

Please post, Lil

2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

if I do not get lots of sleep and rest I really get sick.

I'm not sure what else effects me just different things at different times.

I try to be careful about everything cause you just do not know.

I do have lots of problems with even water soluble vitamin

If we know what causes us to get worse we'd know what to not do.I never know what I do that makes it worse[This Message was Edited on 09/09/2006]
  3. littleleafhopper

Carebelle,

Likewise! I have problems with vitamins also, isn't that the pits!

Thanks for the post....Lil
  4. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

So far I have been lucky with the supplements and meds I've tried. None of them made me worse. Things that do are sugar and to much social interaction. My Mom is visiting this month and each day that passes I feel more drained. I am worried that I am going to crash. If I do I hope its after she leaves.
  5. littleleafhopper

Musik, Hope that visit won't wear you out. Socializing can be draining!

And Laural - Ditto on the woman thing! Those complicated hormones! Geeezzzz

6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

What has made me worse is really stressful times in my life, not enough rest, and surgeries. I`m sure there is more I could name but that is my top 3.
  7. that does alot of us in...
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

which seems to aggravate everything, things that have actually made me worse are:

CoQ 10 - caused severe exhaustion, couldn't walk up the stairs
    Vitamin C - aggravated IBS-D issues
    Magnesium - ditto
    Citrate minerals - ditto
    Moducare - made me so sick
    B Complex - ditto
    Milk Thistle - sent me to bed
    withdrawing from Paxil too quickly - that happened in Dec., 1993 and I have never regained the health I had before that.
    Dr. Petrovic's protocol - gave me an unbearable itch

and so many other things that have helped other people. I wish we could figure out why something that is so beneficial for some, sends others into a major setback.
  9. littleleafhopper

Sick and Sandy, Stress for sure, it just drags us down.

Pepper, I am sooo with you. I am ultra sensitive, and get extremely discouraged trying to help myself. Let's see if Stormyskye can answer.

Yours, Lil
  10. Empower

Empower New Member

Stress

Changes in Weather

Onset of Period

Allergy Flare

Overdoing it
  11. jenn5

jenn5 New Member

Effexor XR
    vigorous/cardio excercise
  12. makezmuzic

makezmuzic New Member

Changes in weather

Coffee

Sugar

Negativity & toxsisaty!!!
  13. Scapper

Scapper New Member

-- My no. one: INSOMNIA -- I've had the worst year (in 12) from lack of sleep. I'm barely functioning.

-- Most medications (I'm extremely sensitive)

-- Any type of overdoing -- talking, walking, just being awake.

-- Monthly hormonal shift

-- Withdrawal from Cymbalta.....my muscles are still not the same and it's 7 months later.

-- Mycoplasma treatment.....floored me beyond belief for about 6 months and never came out the other side any better.

-- Toxic relationships

-- Fall weather (for some odd reason, my worst season)
  14. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Full time in a stressful job.
  15. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I get sick with anything, even just a cold, it always lasts longer than it should and gets worse than it should. I never get back to where I was before getting ill.

I have been like that my whole life. I have surgery thats supposed to make me so much better and I am worse than I was before the surgery. I had some dealing with CO and I am at a new more painful "normal pain" now. I get a cold and I am always just a little bit worse than I was before I got it.

So basically anything negative to my body makes me worse and helps the worse stay.
  16. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Definitely the SSRI I took for two years. I'm far more anxious and depressed now than I was before taking it.

It's important to note in threads like this that all of us are very different in what affects us positively and negatively. I wouldn't want to alarm someone else who has success with an SSRI or any other treatment just because it didn't agree with me, although I would and do urge people to try everything else first. What didn't do well for me might be what gets someone else through their days.

Marta
  17. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Boy that is a tough question!
    Sometimes a long talk on the phone makes me worse...sometimes I wake up and I am worse! I have FMS..and it is so annoying that I can have a busy day..and feel ok afterward...and at other times I can be pushed over the edge just by talking on the phone! I still can't always pinpoint what will make me worse....So I try to pace myself...AND I try to still enjoy my life. Because even if I feel worse physically...it is better for me mentally to keep LIVING!
  18. littleleafhopper

Thanks to all for the replies! It seems like stress is one of the common denominators here. Maybe we should look at ways to manage that bad monkey!

Yours, Lil
  19. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I've finally learned not to ove do. That was a big for me for first few years with CFS.

The last time I got worse was because of stress. Stress is so hard to control, but I am getting better at letting things roll off my back.

I don't think I'll ever be able to control stress completely, but the need to try has taugh me a lot about what is important and what is not.

Barb
  20. Bren2135

Bren2135 New Member

Fear and negativity make me worse. I've been stuck there a few times, and am ohsohappy, when things look brighter..

Also, lack of sleep snowballs into accummulated pain..

Too many meds...

Not enough meds...

Junk food, a direct energy-zapper. I know better..

When I find the magic-feel-better-recipe, promise to share!!

Hugs,
    Brenda