Whats meds work best for your FM pain???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cabcahoon, Oct 27, 2005.

1. cabcahoon

cabcahoon New Member

I have tried different meds for my pain, but I haven't found one that works really good. Can some of you tell me what seems to help you? I go to the doctor tomorrow morning & I would just like to know about some different meds to discuss with my doctor.

Thanks,
    cab
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Is Prozac, 20 mg. every noon. I don't get up until around 11:30 AM or so. This med started to help me within the first 6 hours of me taking it in 1996.

I'm also on Xanax .5 mg. 3 x a day and Diclofenac and Cytotec (Cytotec helps coat the stomach against the NSAID of Diclofenac).

I use Lortab for pain, 10/500 mg. usually once a day at noon.

I'm in the minority on using the Prozac for FMS, I think, on this board. Most others find help with other meds. Prozac was the second A/D I took and it worked and have been on it ever since.

Hope you find a med that will help you. :)

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

Lortab works for me ok. It at least cuts it a little. I'm going to be asking for something stronger at my next visit.

If you've never taken it before try it. I had really good results when I first started using it. I also take Elavil & Prozac among other things.

Good luck!
    Jen
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Cymbalta

Neurotin

Zanaflex - at bedtime for sleep
  5. abbylee

abbylee New Member

with Xyrem, Methadone, and Oxycodone. Xyrem has helped the most because it's helping me get some deep restorative (delta) sleep.

abbylee
  6. cabcahoon

cabcahoon New Member

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPIES AND INFORMATION. I HOPE THIS WILL HELP AT MY DR. APPT TOMORROW.

THANKS AGAIN,
    CAB
  7. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Try Tramadol
    I just started it and I'm very pleased with it.
    Dee50
  8. cabcahoon

cabcahoon New Member

I tried tramadol, my husband had some from a surgical procedjure last month, but it didn't work for me. I'm glad that it works great for you. Thanks for the advice.
    cab
  9. mafusula

mafusula New Member

I have been on a few meds that haven't helped but this past week I started Lyrica (Pregabalin) and I have found it to be the best one yet. I have no pain, more energy and I'm sleeping a lot better.

Take care
    Gayl
    [This Message was Edited on 10/28/2005]