What's next after steroids?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by woodsgirl, Jul 11, 2009.

1. woodsgirl

woodsgirl New Member

I have been diagnosed with lupus and antiphospholipid syndrome for about 7 years. I am currently taking 600 mg of plaquenil and have been for 3 years. I have used prednisone about 4 times since I have been diagnosed and gotten relief. I have been in a flare now for about 3 months and started prednisone again but it didn't help this time. My dr. gave me an injection of steroids that last year that made me feel like a new person. She said they can only give this injection every six months. I went back and had another injection 3 weeks ago and this time it didn't help at all. She told me to come back and see her this week and she ended up giving me another injection of the same steroid and I felt better for one day and I am back in the flare. At that dr visit she said my disease may be progressing. I am just wondering what is next for me? It seems some have gotten relief with chemotherapy. Can anyone help? Thanks so much.
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

My suggestion is to go to the Lupus Board here and ask. There are a lot of good people there and you will be in amongst all Lupus people who will be better prepared to tell you about their situations. Good luck.