What's not wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lostsoul62, May 8, 2009.

1. lostsoul62

lostsoul62 New Member

Six years ago I had a back operation. 3 months later I wanted to die because I had nerve problems, Sick, depressed, well you name it. My nerve problem got better about 6 to 9 months later but my breathing never got really better. Since my operation I haven't worked, got a divorce, have no friends, took 30 different anti-depression meds. I have been miserable for 6 years and I figure it was just plain old depression, like situational. After reading CFS & FM, I couldn't find anything that I didn't suffer from. I have to go in for a shoulder operation June 2nd so I'm getting in a car and going 700 miles to San Francisco for a visit for the last time. I hope I make it because over the last 10 days I have been just sick like the flu, can't sleep so I figure that after the operation that should be just about it so I better do whatever I can now. I couldn't go to Italy for free 2 years ago because I'm screwed up. Over the last 3 to 5 months I have been getting really goofy. I'm 61 and I don't want to die but there has to be a way to fix a body that is infected with CFS & FM. I figure with six billion people which have a lot of brain power there should be a way out of this. But if there was we wouldn't know for the same reason you can't sell or even give away a carborator that get your car 100 miles to the gallon.

2. vivian53

vivian53 Member

You have been so sick for so long. I know the struggle at times seems too much and the problems insurmountable.

I understand your question and have asked it myself a few times.

I believe there will be an effective treatment found for us, and sooner rather than later.

I have no answers to your many health problems, only the hope that your upcoming operation is successful and that you are able to feel better very soon.

Anything is possible Richard.

3. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

I really do not know what to say other than I was once a very independent and working woman. I loved adventure, hiking ,walking, running, going to the lake and skiing and now, well ,there are other things that I can do but I miss the old me. I think I am just having trouble accepting at times the me I am now. I suffer from depression also. You know somedays it is a chore to be happy. I just reach down in the depths of my soul and look at the things I really did not notice before I became sick. The small things like the beauty of nature, the night sky and the stars. Just to sit in the morning with my coffee on the patio and listen to the birds sing.The gentle breeze blowing through my hair and the smell of the air after a fresh fallen rain. I am thankful for what I have now. I try my best to find the beauty in it. I know sometimes this is so so hard but I do guess that is what makes me happy.
    I know there is something you like about yourself and that others see in you that attract people to you. Just think of all the good things you still have. You are still here on earth and can help others that suffer like you with only your words and make them feel as if they are not in the world alone.
    Richard do not give up.I know things have to get better.
    I will say a special prayer for you tonight that you may feel some peace of mind and some well deserved happiness in the future.Let us know how you are doing??Maybe your next surgery is the answer for most of your medical problems. I know what pain can do to us mentally. Do not ever give up hope. Your miracle may be sooner than you know.
    Keeping the "Faith" for a better day.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/08/2009]
  4. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

I am so sorry that you have to suufer so badly. we here at this board know what you go through everyday since we all suffer from the same illness. pleas do not EVER EVER give up. you are among many here who i am sure thought of leaving the very earth that seems to never have any answers for us.although i am sorry for the many people on this board too, i also am happy to have them in my corner because i have now found others who believe me and never doubt that what i feel is not real.not only do they read and understand, they do not judge you except to try to figure out how to help the best possible way they can.this board is a wonderful thing for us who all have the same painful symptoms and family problems who disbelieve, i do not know if you have family there for you, i hope you do, but these pretty much are the only ones who can 100% know how you truly feel so you can get the best advice for what ails you. if you have questions about pain meds, or just what remedies there are, anything, you will get many responses that will benefit you. your never alone with this board. you should use it as much as your body lets you. it seems to help my pain sometimes to just talk about personel problems as well as medical, actually, they all tie into one anyway. when ever you feel sad, scared, or alone, or just cant stand your pain, your place is here. it has helped me so much, i am grateful for everyone here and so please join in as much as your able and i will pray for you, no matter if its your thing or not, it cant hurt right? I wish you new found peace in this board...hope for better days for you........miss pacotaco
  5. cynicaldog

cynicaldog New Member

Just curious, Richard... what is the breathing problem you mentioned? Has it been diagnosed and given a name? What are your symptoms? I finally diagnosed myself with hyperventilation syndrome last year after numerous doctor acted clueless about the symptoms I described. Maybe you have a much more serious problem, but when you're under a lot of stress, hyperventilation syndrome is pretty common, and best of all, easy to fix.