What's On Your Do List? 2/12/07 thru 2/18/07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Sorry this is so late. Been having problems with both AOL and Comcast. Grrrrr, utilities! No offense!

Next week, Anne Theresa will be posting this thread weekly, until I recover from back and neck surgery. Please thank her!

I've dusted, and that is about it. Spasms in back and neck. I'm done.

Thanks to all of you! Be proud of yourself for all you that you do accomplish. Every little thing is a milestone!

Hugs to you all!

2. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

Hi Everybody I'm back!! LOL
    Kim I will be praying your surgery goes great!!
    Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
    Dad and I sat around watching TV and talking. He told me alot of things I didnt know about him. He was a bomber pilot in WW2. He doesnt like to talk about it much though. We talked about Mom and how stubborn she use to be.
    I am home and beat even after three days...The stairs there can get you!! I think they are lethal!!LOL
    Anyway here's my To Do List for today

1. Morning Routine
    2. Home Blessing Day..so dusting and vacuuming, mopping and dumping trash..my DD helps alot with all this
    3. supper
    4. pick up DS from work
    5. Before Bed Routine

Not alot but more then enough..Gonna rest as much as I can the next few days.
    I have an appt tomorrow with a place that helps retrain people with disabilites so they can still work..Hope that goes well..We'll see. I asked them if they help people with Fibro she said certainly..I didnt want to waste my time if they didnt.
    Hugs and Prayers!!!!!
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

It's snowy here in Michigan. It doesn't look too bad out right now, so I think I will stay at work, but will take tomorrow off. I am going to try and make my pool therapy class today-it's close to our house and my husband said he would take me in the truck. My husband also has a dr. appt. this afternoon, which is fortunately also close to our house. He wants me to go with him.

Cindy - Good luck with your interview. My dad was also in WWII, but would never talk about it. He lost his brother in the war. He died just before Christmas in 1945. I have read the letters the two of them exchanged during that time. Really sad.

Linda - I hope your mom's surgery went well. It is usually riskier for older people to have surgery. My interview for the newspaper article went well. The reporter said it would probably take 15 minutes, but we ended up talking for 30 minutes! The photographer is supposed to come to my house sometime soon to take a picture of me. Thanks for asking.

Kim - Good luck with your surgery. I still don't know when it is-the end of this week?

Okay, on to my to-do list:

-pool therapy class
    -go to my husband's dr. appt.
    -empty wastebaskets
    -leftover chili for dinner

Take care everyone! I should be back on Thursday!

4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I postponed my usual Tuesday outing (errands & shopping with a friend) because I'm in much pain today with only a little sleep. Instead I'm going to stay home, out of the cold, to do some light housework and nap.

1) I did a thorough cleaning of my bedroom/office yesterday, all but changing the bedsheets which I'll do today.

2) I need to sweep (the un-carpeted areas of) the living room. There are a few hard-to-reach places that gather dust and whatnot.

3) General pick-up & tidy: wash counters & stove top, empty wastebaskets, wipe down the washroom, replace burned candles.

4) Shower & shampoo - I have long hair that needs a full day to dry. So it's nice to shampoo on a day when I don't have to go out in the cold.

That's about it for today.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Well, yesterday I drove for the first time in a long time and took my daughter to our local stores to shop for some clothing!!! I managed about 2 hours out with her then had to go back home and go to bed, but we got a lot done.

Today I'm hoping for a shower and shampoo, saving some strength since I need to go grocery shopping this week.

I've managed 3 days this week where I felt 'less than horrible' which is a huge improvement for me, yeah!!!

Kim, I hope everything goes well with your surgery and remember to take care of yourself.

Hug all,

Nancy B
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Happy Valentine's to you all! I hope you have a special day, no matter what you do.

Packed for the hospital tomorrow. My surgery was pushed back, due to the snow storm, and I have to be there @ 7:30 A.M. instead of 5!!!! Yippee! Surgery is supposed to start at 10 A.M.

I thank you for your kind thoughts, wishes, and prayers. You are such special women.

I know you are all busy with your lives. Take a few minutes, and remember you deserve them.

Hugs to all,

7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

After being off from work yesterday due to the snowstorm, I am back today. We live on a small residential street on the outskirts of town. We got plowed out in the early afternoon. I was surprised they got to us that soon, although we certainly didn't have the brunt of the storm. To the south of us got it much worse than we did. How many here experienced the blizzard of '78? That was the worse storm of my life. I was living with my parents then and we were snowbound for days.

I see that Kim's surgery is today. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Her surgery sounds pretty major. I hope her recovery time goes okay.

It was nice being home and not having to out in the awful weather. I managed to get some housework done. It was better in the afternoon, so my husband and I went out for a Valentine luncheon, then visited his parents for awhile.

As for today, I have my usual pool therapy. Pay bills to mail tomorrow. Return a library book. Make macaroni and cheese for dinner.

8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

My pain management doctor died, unexpectedly, a few days ago and I feel sad at his passing. He was a good man, a devoted and compassionate doctor.

Logistically now, I'm in a bit of a dither because I only have 12 days of methadone left and then - since there's no other doctor in town with the license to prescribe this - I'll have to come off them. I've already cut the dose in half so the 12 days becomes 24 and hopefully I'll be able to further wean down so the inevitable withdrawal may be (hopefully) not too bad. It's a shame to have finally received such good pain relief and now have to go back to my pre-methadone pain.

The weather today is brutal cold, windy with tons of snow. Nonetheless, I went out for my scheduled manicure, and then picked up a few things at the grocery store. Home now, with the furnace turned up I feel like I want to stay indoors until spring. I'm going to get under the blankets with a good book but I have a few small chores to do first:

1) water plants

2) empty wastebaskets

3) spot-clean kitchen floors

4) swiffer hardwood (bedroom/living room)

5) sort laundry

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Linda - I, too, called in to work during the blizzard of '78 and said I couldn't make it. I was going to a business school at the time and working as a temporary secretary. I couldn't believe that they would want me to come in-especially since I was just filling in for the week (and I really didn't have that much to do!). When he got really angry with me, I stuck to my guns and didn't go in. No job is worth risking your life! That's awful that he threatened to fire you-what an idiot!

Anne Theresa - I'm so sorry your doctor has died. Can an employee from his office give you the name of another doctor-perhaps in a nearby town so you don't have to go off your med?

Okay, here's my to-do list for today and the weekend:

-pick up prescriptions
    -something easy for dinner

-wash bedding and towels
    -clean laundry tub
    -read and watch movies
    -work on my art project for art class

I hope Kim is doing okay. I'm sure today is a rough day for her.

10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Ellen, thanks for the suggestion. My preference would be to stay with the medication as it has given me back a significant portion of my life. Since my pain management doctor died, the only doctor in larger region with a license to prescribe methadone is at the methadone clinic (for people addicted to heroine). My family doc is going to make a referral for me, so I can check it out, but from what I've heard, I don't think it will be a good match for me.

The patients there are required to go in each and every morning to take their pill in front of a staff person. This is quite demeaning, I think, although it may be a necessary protocol for people who typically abuse drugs. If they would prescribe monthly for a pain patient than I may consider it, but if I'm treated as a junkie (no offense to drug addicts - addiction is a harsh disease)than I'll pass the opportunity by.

Whatever happens is fine - I've never been one to be afraid of addictive medications. I've weaned off many addictive meds in my lifetime and I know I'll do fine by cutting back as far as I can, then perhaps having a rough week or so.

To-Do List

The laundry is out-of-control because my sweetie has been too busy / too tired to do it this week. (Typically, since the stairs down to the laundry room are difficult for me, I sort the laundry, he washes/dries and I fold/put away.) I'm going to try to manage the stairs today so I can wash/dry a load or two while he's at work. That should be a help.

With the laundry out of the way, my sweetie will be free to assemble our new entertainment unit this evening and/or into the weekend. The project had been put on hold because we were waiting for some parts to be delivered from the factory. Finally, the parts arrived yesterday so we're ready to go.

The house is fairly tidy so I just need to do the usual things.

Tortellini and stir fry

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  11. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

My sweetie is still working to assemble the entertainment unit (it's a HUGE piece of furniture) so my living room is still a mess and out of bounds at the moment. By the time we're finished (tonight or tomorrow) the living room is going to need a complete cleaning. In the meantime, I'll putter around the rest of the house, cleaning as I go.

1) put clothes away
    2) sweep/swiffer floors
    3) clean washroom

Tomorrow, we are going to go to the flooring shop to pick out our new kitchen floor and arrange for installation. I hope they have something nice at a reasonable price because - without a vehicle and my using a walker - getting around to comparison shop is not so easy.

Enjoy the weekend, all.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa