What's on your To Do Jan 10 - 16

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Jan 10, 2011.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I hope everyone is fine and feels positive about the week ahead.

I had a nice visit with my son and daughter-in-law over the weekend.

Today, I was exhausted but managed to get out to buy groceries with my sister. I also took down the Christmas decorations (they're presently all sitting on top of my kitchen table waiting to be put in a box) and vacuumed. That, and taking care of my bunny, doesn't seem like a great deal to accomplish, on any given day, but given my pain level, I believe I did very well. Given that it's almost bedtime, I'll make my to-do list for tomorrow (Tuesday).

To Do List

box & store Christmas decorations
    swiffer floors
    water plants
    friend visiting for coffee
    shopping (perhaps)
    e-course homework - this will be ongoing for the next 40 days

I look forward to hearing from others. New comers welcome - the practice of writing a to-do list is a great way to prioritize your daily goals and help you pace yourself. As well as supporting each other to prioritize and pace, to-do list thread participants are welcome to share personal struggles and success.

God bless,
  2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

This is the end of Monday and I did 3 loads of laundry, folded & put most of it away.

Took 2 bags of garbage down to the can

Took my pooch for our "date"

And worked 4 hours at my job

Tues & Thursday are tough days for me as I work both jobs So no plans except to get to work on time

Wednesday taking my car in for a tune up--and praying its back in time for me to go to work on Thursday morning. (I'm sure I could get a ride to work Wed afternoon if its not done)

Friday and Saturday is now my days off--laundry days
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Good to hear from you both. We are doing OK here in WA state, but I am starting to long for summer! I know, it's only January!

We are working on all of the fruit and things I put into the freezer and canning.....so we can taste a bit of summer that way. Peaches from the freezer are a treat. I freeze them whole, in the bag, skin and all. You should try it! Then, when you want one, just set it in a bowl of water for about ten minutes and the peel slips right off! I enjoy it on granola in its semi frozen state.....delicious!

Of course, you might want to wait for peach season before you rush out to buy peaches.......

I am killing some time at the library before picking up my boys. They still do a combo of public school and homeschool, so I have a crazy schedule. Tomorrow I will be a sub for jr. high band, so the boys will take work to do and stay at the school all day. They don't mind.....more time to see their friends! I hope that the gets done!

4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all

Beadlady, you have a busy week planned. I hope everything goes smoothly with your car's appointment (timing wise), so you aren't without a ride tomorrow.

Terri, I'm with you in longing for summer. You're fortunate to have your 'taste of summer', well-deserved with all the work you did at harvest. I think your crazy schedule is wonderful!

I've had a difficult couple of days. emotionally with grief, physically with pain and some vomiting. I'm going to try my best to rise above it today.

To do Today

cut up celery and melon
    make phone calls
    try new recipe for dinner
    catch up with email
    watch movie

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

It's late at night, but I thought I would check in here before going to bed. I realized I never got on here last week and already it's Thursday of this week. Where does the time go?

Sounds like the weather is getting to everyone. It's pretty wintery here in Michigan, too. We had several inches of show yesterday, although I was able to go into town and run some errands, including groceries. Plus, I went to my monthly luncheon with the women I used to work with. I like keeping in touch with them. None of them work anymore either. They are either retired or lost their job like me. I have a tendency to hibernate sometimes, so I have to make a point to get out and socialize with friends and I'm always glad I do. I know you guys understand this. With pain and fatigue problems, sometimes it just feels easier to stay home.

My husband has been gone since Sunday on his trucking job. Last week was the same way. I was so surprised when my neighbor next door offered to clear our driveway for me. I told him he didn't have to. We have a snowblower, but he said he would rather do it by hand. He said he liked shoveling snow?! I asked him if he was feeling okay! He wouldn't take any money for it and said he would do it anytime Harry was gone. I feel kind of funny having him do it. I wonder how his wife feels about this. I would like to do something nice for him doing this. I guess I'm not used to someone going out of their way and being so nice to me.

My husband and I had our first counseling session last Saturday. He was willing to go, but says he doesn't see the need for it. We only saw the male counselor as the female counselor was taking their daughter back to college. As it turned out, I like him better than the female! I like his counseling style and it's great how he handled my husband. I know he has a lot of experience with men who are batterers and it showed in our session. I think my husband got something out of the session as well, although he would never admit it.

I am seeing some progress. Since I told him he was verbally abusing me, he has only called me a name once and that was when we were laughing about something and then he did apologize right after. Of course he still has a long ways to go so we will see. It will take me a long time before I can feel I can totally trust him.

I worked at the library today. I normally work on Tuesdays, but once in awhile I need to change my schedule. I finally wrote an old friend a letter. She wrote me a note in her Christmas card about some difficulties in her life so I decided to write her and give her some encouragement. I finally started spring cleaning the kitchen by cleaning some cupboards (not my favorite job!). I found a few food items that are getting old. It takes me so long to spring clean now that I have to do it pretty much year 'round, but oh well. At least I am doing it.

Anne Theresa: I am so sorry you were so sick to the point of nausea. I am assuming this has to do with Dave? Try not to be hard on yourself. And I think you did do a lot in one day. Going grocery shopping when you are tired is difficult. I hate grocery shopping even when I am feeling good! And taking down Christmas decorations is time consuming and tiring, too. So doing both in one day is a lot.

Beadlady: I have to commend you for being able to work. Up until a year and a half ago, I was still among the working, too.

Terri: We have been eating the produce I canned and froze, too. Of course I don't can and freeze as much as you do, but it's just my husband and me.

Well, I had better go and get to bed. Take care everyone and stay warm! It's supposed to be 10 degrees here tonight!

6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Ellen, I'm glad you're getting out in spite of the weather. I've been hibernating indoors (not feeling up to facing all that weather) this week but I have a shopping trip with friends planned for Sunday so that should get me some of that fresh air and sunshine :)

I'm glad your husband went to the first counseling session and that the session was so positive. I realize it will take some time to rebuild trust, but you've both taken an important first step toward bettering your relationship.

Yes, my post-holiday grief & nausea has a lot to do with Dave, also my eldest son didn't show up for our family gathering. I gave myself this week to rest and recover and instead of trying to make myself 'feel better' - which I usually do -this time, I chose to let myself feel sad and weep. I believe this was the correct approach because, an overwhelming amount of pain was expressed and through my tears, I felt some of the pain 'release'.

It's the end of the day and so my to-do list will be for Saturday

To-Do List

empty dishwasher
    clean bunny cage
    clean washrooms
    water plants
    2 days (catch-up) homework
    shower & shampoo

God bless
    Anne Theresa