What's on your To Do Jan 24 - 30

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Jan 24, 2011.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I hope everyone is well and finding themselves able to accomplish at least some of the things on their to-do list. For me, the key is pacing.

This weekend, I went to the butterfly emporium. It's a beautiful, tropical hiatus found in the midst of this Canadian winter. I like to go in the wintertime when the difference between indoor and out is at it's most astonishing!

To-Do Today

clean bunny cage
    water plants
    read & rest

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I'm not an early bird, but this morning I had to get up at 6:00 a.m. to head to our local hospital for some tests. I'm glad I didn't have to go far as it was snowing and the roads were a little slippery. I had an echocariogram, two scans of my heart (one before exercising and one after), and a stress test on the treadmill. Now I have to wait for the test results. Last week I got a halter monitor, which I have to wear for a month. For those who don't know what that it, it is a small box, which is attached to me by two electrodes and I have to press the button on the box when my heart is beating strangely or if I am experiencing dizziness, chest pain, discomfort, etc. So far I have pressed it three times and called in to the Center today as the box was full and they recorded what I recorded so the box is empty again and I am ready to record again. It can only hold three recordings.

Harry's behavior a week from last weekend was terrible. I was so stressed out that I didn't know how much more I could take. I even considered going to the shelter, but held out for the sake of my animals. We have had three counseling sessions now. I'd like to think that some of this counseling is helping a little. Harry does admit to the counselor that his behavior is wrong, which is more than some men would do. The counselor wants us this week to be extra nice this week to eachother (I think he means this more for Harry than me) and for each of us to write down any negative behavior we observe in eachother, but not show it to the other person. We are to bring this list to the next counseling session.

We've been having problems with the computer losing connection to the Internet, so I will save this and then continuing on on another post.

3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Yay I didn't lose my Internet connection! I have had a couple of times lately where I typed a long message and then my connection was lost. The way I've been feeling lately with my heart, I don't always have the energy to retype it.

I know I am a strong person, so I keep persevering. The counselor asked Harry if he thought he was sometimes mean to me and he admitted he thought he was. So that's encouraging. But I'm not getting my hopes up yet. I know this will be a long process if and when he does get better. I can't change him. Only Harry can do that. Harry said the other day that I am trying to change him.

So far I don't have anything negative to write down on my list about Harry to take to the next counseling session. He has been showing more concern about my heart problems. I hope it's genuine and not just because he is trying to be on his best behavior for the counselor.

I did manage to get some things done here at home after I got home from the hospital. The weather was so yucky I just wanted to stay home. Harry called and said he wouldn't be home tonight. I asked him how the roads were down in Ohio where he was.

I did some vacuuming, balanced the checkbook, straightened up the house, checked my e-mail, paid some bills. I also scheduled dental appts. for Jim and I to get our teeth cleaned for next month.

Anne Theresa: That butterfly place sounds so nice especially this time of year. We have a place like that, too, in Ohio. It's nice too far from here, but I've never been there because I wonder if it might be a little too much driving for my hands and arms. I do plan to get there someday, however. I really love butterflies and love to watch them in my flower gardens in the summer. I hope you are doing better.

Well, I guess this is long enough. Take care everyone.

4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi All,
    Ellen- you are a saint to keep persevering......I'm praying that things get better in your marriage. I'm glad you are getting your heart looked at. Maybe you'll need a pacemaker. My MIL has one, and it has helped her a lot. She will be 90 in a couple of weeks.

Anne Theresa- good idea to visit the butterflies! We saw a butterfly house once at a zoo in the Seattle area, and it is a nice memory. Especially during the cold days of winter. Although our weather has really warmed up....yesterday it felt like spring!

No subbing this week, just busy with some accompanying and with my family. Solo/ensemble contest is coming up, and I have to rehearse with a lot of students. It is some nice extra income.

Time to get the boys up and moving....have a good day!
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Ellen, I'm glad you're getting your heart checked out - it's good to stay on top of things, particularly with a history of heart problems.

Terri, it's nice you have the week off from teaching, (at least I assume the week off is good thing and gives you some 'me' time and family time :) Enjoy!

On Tues. eve. my niece and I went out for a nice dinner and then saw a stage production of Mama Mia. We had a great time!

I spent yesterday resting.

This afternoon, a friend is coming over to watch a movie.

After that, I'll likely do some laundry, then read and watch TV until bedtime.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Today I wasn't feeling very well mentally. Most days I function pretty well, but today I just really felt like I was falling apart. I guess I have to expect that sometimes. I finally forced myself to get up and get some things done around the house. I also worked out on my exercise equipment in the basement.

It showed all day so I didn't feel like leaving the house. Having the cats here really helps. Animals are such good therapy.

I really think now that my heart problems are due to stress. I've felt this way the past few days and now that I am no longer worrying about my heart, it isn't doing all the irregular heartbeats, chest pain, and I'm not having the shortness of breath I was. It's terrible what stress can do to you. Of course I don't have the test results from Monday back yet, but I'm sure that they won't show anything.

Thanks, girls, for your encouraging words.

Terri: It's nice you had a little break from teaching this week.

Anne Theresa: I'm glad that you and your neice got a chance to get together. I assume this is the same neice that you had to cancel out with earlier.

Take care everyone and have a good weekend!

7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all

Ellen, I'm glad your cats were there to give you some comfort during your difficult time. I'd be lost without my precious Harriet to cuddle when life overwhelms.

I'm beyond amazed at the ill-effect stress can have on one's health. I once experienced chest pains and heat palpations as a result of exam stress and it was very frightening.

I know what you mean about the snow and not wanting to leave your house. I've been staying indoors, as much as possible. At some point - over the next few days - I need to get myself out for a much-needed manicure, to buy a few bags of groceries and to buy a new vacuum cleaner.

To-Do Today

List making (grocery store, pet store dollar store, department store)
    search files for insurance form
    clean fridge
    clean laundry room
    watch movie
    buy groceries (today or tomorrow)

God bless,
    Anne Theresa