What's on your To Do Jan 31 - Feb. 6

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Jan 31, 2011.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I hope everyone is staying warm and well and taking some enjoyment from the day day-to-day. In spite of the struggles each of us face, I hope we can find some laughter and joy in our days.

I look forward to hearing from others and newcomers to the to-do list thread are always welcome. Basically, we use this thread to formulate/post our daily to-do lists as a means to prioritize and pace our daily activities. In this way, we're better able to manage our limited energy. All Welcome!

tidy apartment
    friend coming for coffee
    go out for manicure (if the sidewalks are passable)
    catch up with-email
    make up week's worth of medications

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

How is everyone surviving the snowstorm? Those of us in southern Michigan escaped the worst of it. We got eight inches and not the ice that we feared. My husband was supposed to go to Buffalo yesterday, but fortunately he got a call from work telling him to stay home instead. That's the first time since we have been married that he has been told that. It's later in the day and so far he hasn't received a call to drive the semi tomorrow either. Even though it means a smaller paycheck this week, I don't want to see him on the road risking his life.

Of course having him home has it's problems for me with the verbal abuse problem. He did work on Monday, which was my birthday, so we had decided to celebrate it on Sunday. We were going to go to the Lone Star Restaurant after I got home from church. When I got home, he said we weren't going. So I later went to the theatre to see a movie I've been wanting to see. I just knew I couldn't stay home with him. He's been extra nasty to me lately-just when I haven't been feeling as well. I feel so discouraged. He claims he is learning a lot from the counseling, but he certainly isn't practicing what Mike (our counselor) is trying to teach him. I've been told and have read that most abusers never change, unfortunately.
    Sorry I keep talking about this, but it's on my mind all the time now.

But I am just trying to keep busy and do what I have to do and concentrate on one day at a time. I can't go anywhere until I get my disability approved in another 1 1/2 years. I am trying to think positively that my lawyer will be as good as my FMS dr. says he is and I will be approved at that time. Then if my husband is still abusing me, I will leave him then. Living on my own on disability will be difficult, but at least I will no longer be living in fear and under so much stress. I keep praying so much. I know God will direct me.

Next week I am getting together with an old friend-a lady I used to work with. Afterward I will also stop at the college I worked at and will have a visit with one of the professors that I have been especially close to. So I am looking forward to that.

So far today I have managed to do a load of laundry, clear off the snow around my bird feeder and feed the birds, and have dusted part of the upstairs. I am feeling really tired today so I am not pushing myself. I have done some reading. I got a book from the library about 13 murders in Michigan that occurred in the early 1900's. It's an interesting book.

Anne Theresa: You are right. We do need to find laughter and joy every day of our lives. I am trying to do that and trying to find positive distractions right now. I am trying to keep getting together with people even though some days I just feel like being alone. I know that's not good. How are you feeling these days? Is your sister supportive?

Well, I need to go. Take care and keep warm!

3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Hi Ellen, Happy Belated Birthday!

It seems you're staying busy in spite of all that's on your mind. I think that's good, so long as you don't push yourself too far. Prayer is good too, probably the best thing we can do. The storm hit us here too but not as bad as elsewhere. Still, the sidewalks are impassable so I'm unable to walk to the mall etc. like I can in the nicer weather. Therefore, I'm not getting out as much as I like.

Tomorrow, however, my BFF and I are going to get pedicures at a new spa. That will be a nice way to spend a winter afternoon. Getting my toes pretty and polished and dreaming of the warmer weather when I can wear sandals again is good thing to do in February.

I gave up on the notion of getting to the mall for my regular manicure appointment (again, because the sidewalks have been impassable) so I cut my fingernails short and painted them red. This will do until the sidewalks clear, then I'll get back in sync with my regular appointments. I love my acrylic nails - but it's good to do without from time to time - so it's all good.

I'm on top of myhousework; I spent the last two hours catching up with my chores and now everything is clean and tidy. Time to read and rest and call it a day.

Enjoy the weekend, all.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I've been keeping up on the dishes and the laundry pretty good.

I would like to ask a friend to come over and help me to get the spider webs off the ceilings and the walls. Also want to take everything off a couple of book cases and start over.

I want to clean out my desk so I have a place to pay bills and write letters.

My friend just recently lost her unemployment benefits, so I could try paying her a small amt to help me.