What's On Your To Do List? 1/2/07 to 1/7/07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Jan 2, 2007.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I hope the holidays went well for you all.

I know it is a very sad holiday, for Laurie, her daugther and her fiance's family. Laurie, if you happen to read, you are all strong in my prayers.

I am taking down Christmas decorations today. Slowly but surely! This means I have to really clean everything too! It might be a two day job.

On of our son's friends was in a terrible car crash yesterday morning. He's in critical condition and they say will have some brain damage. He did know his name, last night when asked. I am praying for a miracle. Please feel free to pray, or keep Rusty in your thoughts.

It has really affected our Kevin. He said he realized it could have been him in that bed. Maybe these accidents will 'dummy' up some of these young, and older people. It's very sad.

Gotta keep moving on!

Blessings for you all in 2007!

2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'll say a prayer for Rusty. As well, a prayer going up for Laurie, her daughter and her fiancé's family. Such tragedies.

Today's To-do List

1) Wrap two birthday gifts and fill out birthday cards. One present needs to be made ready for the mail and the other I'll give to my friend when I see her tonight.

2) Reorganize kitchen cupboards. Several of my kitchen cupboards had been cleared out so I could use the space for Christmas gifts, wrapping, etc. Now, with the Christmas items all packed away and stored in the basement, I need to re-organize and make neat my kitchen cupboard space.

3) Dust living room furniture.

4) General pick up & tidy. I did some housework yesterday so I don't have too much to do today.

5) Make phone calls re appointments.

6) Water plants

7) Dress in street clothes, do hair and make-up.

8) Go out (to do errands) with my friend.

I'll do my best to get through this list, though it's a little longer than I can usually manage. Some tasks (2, 3, 5, 6) I may need to put off until tomorrow.

God Bless
    Anne Theresa

3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Ok, here goes.....again.

I need to make the appt with the Endo and hopefully the office will be open today as it's been closed for the holidays. I still don't feel well enough to drive to that base so hopefully a phone call will do.

I still need to grocery shop, finish putting the Christmas decorations away but I'm down to just a few small things.

Need to finish up some online shopping, mostly for the new puppy who will be born this week.

Friday is my daughter's appt with the new psychiatrist (sp?) but it's at 8:00 in the morning. I don't do mornings well but I need to go even if I need to sleep in my clothes.

I had a talk with her about being 'real' with this one. I really need someone good to work with my daughter so we can both keep her on the right meds, take away some of her fears and yet get the disability we're aiming for to keep her here with us.

Also have a facial and hair appt on Friday which I'm hoping to make it to. Hubby might take the day off to help me through it. It's my only few hours a month to really relax and he knows how much it means to me.

With any luck, I'll be back on soon to report my Endo appt time.

Kim, I'm so sorry about your son's friend. We'll send some warm wishes his way too.

Nancy B
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Everyone:

Thanks to those who responded to my message on my surgery. I still don't know if I will get all my hearing back or not. My ear still feels swollen and I hear a "thumping" sound in that ear quite a bit the past week. But I am hopeful it will all work out. If not, I will have to get through another surgery.

Kim - so sorry for your son's friend. You are right-this may very well wake your son up to the possibility that he could have been seriously injured or killed in his own accident. I have behind on the news, but I think I saw a message from Linda that her daughter's fiancee died upexpectantly? What a terrible thing to happen, especially right at the holidays.

I am back to work today and have lots to do to get ready for the new semester starting next Monday. So I better not be on here too long!

As for today, I am going to visit a friend. We don't normally exchange Christmas presents, but she has a present for me.

Our dinner is cooking right now. I made a stew last night and have it in the slow cooker. I should use it more often.

Take care, everyone. Talk to you tomorrow!

5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I managed to make my appt with the Endo...Jan 11th, 8:45 (yuck).

I didn't realize this but there's an emergency TriCare desk at our clinic on base and it was suggested that I try to make my appt there, by the lady at the other base.

It took a half hour only to find that for some reason they have my enrollment messed up too. They have me as a stateside person, huh...duh???? (Been here 4 yrs in Feb)

Also, our lovely 42" plasma tv blew this morning, heard a very loud pop, then no screen. (Less than a year old)

Whatta way to start the new year!!! Came home and took a 2 hour nap, boy that felt good.

So tomorrow I need to go back to base, get copies of my bloodwork, get daughter's medical records for her appt on Friday too.

Ellen, you sound well and ready to start another busy week...good luck to you.
  6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Ellen, I'm happy to hear that your surgery went okay. I hope you recover well and completely and I hope your hearing returns to you.

I was supposed to go to a matinée with my sister today but she canceled due to a scheduling mix-up. I was wholeheartedly relieved that she canceled because I'm not feeling well today, in pain and in the midst of a wicked bout of IBS. It's a good day to stay home.

To-Do List

1) make two phone calls re: appointments
    2) clean/organize 2-3 kitchen cupboards
    3) swiffer/sweep floors
    4) year-end filing / arranging filing system for '07
    5) chop vegetables for easy snacking
    6) update medication list (I carry a list of meds in my purse at all times in case of a medical emergency)
    7) nap (I need one today)

My sweetie and I had a long talk last night about my concerns that my health issues has put a strain on our relationship, my personal insecurities, the need to not take each other for granted, etc.

It was a good talk (he set my mind at ease) and today (while he was at work) a beautiful bouquet of roses was delivered to me with a note from him saying 'Talk actually is cheap'. It made me cry. It was such a lovely, heartfelt gesture I wanted to share it with you.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

You are all very special. Kevin's friend Rusty knew his name when asked and recognized Kevin and other friends when they visited the hospital. He is not paralyzed, thank the Lord, and may have less brain damage, possibly none, than the trauma surgeon's originally thought. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts. I so believe they help!

Took down all Christmas decorations and cleaned most of house, yesterday. Whew... glad that is over.

Today I had my hair color appointment. It is usually, at least, three hours. She does do a great job though.

Tomorrow, I am having an injection in my back. If it gives any relief, I will be happy! The last one I had did help, but they nicked the nerve. I was very sick until they did a 'patch' on it. Only 1 in 100 that it happens.

Ellen, glad you are doing well! I certainly have been thinking of you!

Anne Theresa, what a special man! You both deserve each other!

To all, be kind to yourselves...

[This Message was Edited on 01/03/2007]
  8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I'm taking a break from my busy morning here at work. It's quiet here with no professors or students until Monday, which is nice. I can get more things done with no interruptions.

Kim - I'm guessing you are having trigger point injections? My doctor did four injections in my worst areas - neck and upper back, but unfortunately, it didn't help at all. I hope you have better luck. I'm so glad your son's friend is going to be okay.

Anne Theresa - What a great husband you have! My husband and I have had those kind of talks, too. Having a chronic illness definitely does put a strain on the marriage. I hope you are feeling better. I've had the IBS problem, too, where you can't be far from a bathroom. Although now that I've been on morphine for the past couple of years, I now have the opposite problem and have to take so much fiber to help counteract this side effect.

Nancy - thanks for your good wishes! Sounds like the picture tube went out in your TV. Is the warranty still good?

Okay, on to my to-do list for today:

Make copies of some of my brother's medical info to send to his guardian.

Go to pool therapy class.

Vacuum half of the house this afternoon.

Tonight is a "do your own thing" for dinner. TV dinners, leftovers or whatever.

Have a good day, everyone!

9. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I hit the wall early yesterday and so I did not accomplish most of what was on my to-do list. Therefore, I'll carry forward 1) making appointments 2) organizing cupboards 3) year-end filing 4) chop veggies 5) update medication list.

Additionally, I want to find a couple good (vegetarian) crock pot recipes and then add the necessary ingredients to my grocery list.

I'd pretty much given up on cooking due to pain and physical limitation. However, I recently purchased a crock-pot in the hope that it would make cooking easier.

Crock-pot cooking will allow me to do the actual work at an earlier time of day (when I feel at my relative best). I hope to make it a practice to cook 1 or 2 crock-pot meals each week - nutritious meals, all the better for our health.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  10. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Procedure over. Minimal pain.

Linda, I had a Lumbar Epidural. I didn't even think to ask what he was using. All I know is it was in a different place and hurt more. They give me a twilight medication, which does not put you to sleep.

Next time he needs to give me more! I'm very stoic but when my back and leg are already hurting, I WANT it all! LOL I really need something for my neck. It is in such bad shape that the best neurologist won't even do surgery. I am ready to, myself!

All of you take care! Anne Theresa, rest up!

Back to the ice pack and another muscle relaxer...

[This Message was Edited on 01/07/2007]
  11. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Kim - sorry the shot you got hurt you so much. My neck is a very bad place for me, too. It hurts and is stiff all the time. Also my upper back and right shoulder hurts, too. Oh, the joys of FMS!

Anne Theresa - I also have a slow cooker. It was my mom's. I have decided to start using it more, too. I made beef stew in it earlier this week and it was so nice to come home to a house that smelled good and have dinner ready! I have found a couple of recipes for slow cookers that I should get out and try.

I am feeling really tired today. I didn't sleep too well last night. I kept having dreams that my hips hurt and when I would wake up, they really did hurt.

My husband drove me in to work today. We are going out for lunch, then he will help me with grocery shopping. It is such a relief to have him with me. I find shopping so exhausting even with using the store scooters. I always shop at the less busy times, which helps.

Take a long nap this afternoon, then maybe vacuum the carpeted areas upstairs, which shouldn't take long. Yesterday I ended up taking a really long nap-two and a half hours! I guess I was really tired.

As for the weekend, I need to finish cleaning the bathroom-toilet and sink. I have a typewriter at home, so maybe type a letter to my penpal from Austria. I need to thank her for the Christmas gift and update her on my news. Change sheets and towels and catch up on laundry. I don't have much else planned.

Have a good weekend, everyone. Talk to you on Monday!

12. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I did everything on yesterday's to-do list. It feels great to be caught up!

1) finish making grocery list

2) go shopping (sweetie is off work today so he can help)

3) clean keyboard (I bought some special stuff to see if I can get my right-shift key unstuck)

4) tidy laundry & storage room

5) pick-up & tidy living area

6) de-clutter desk drawers

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

13. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

We took our daughter to her appt at 8:00 am but the doctor didn't feel good so she cancelled it. Very last minute as we were already there.

Had to reschedule for the 22nd at 8:00 am but hubby's going to be in the states that week so somehow I'll have to make arrangements to get here there. (I don't do well in the mornings at all)

The tv is still under warranty since it's less than a year old. Apparently many of the plasmas do this. We have to get the tv to base before Tuesday when the German repair guys do their weekly pick-up.

I had to cancel my hair and facial appt, hubby's sick too, I wasn't feeling that great either so a trip to the mall just didn't sound like the thing to do.

What a week....hope yours were better.

Nancy B
  14. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Nancy, my heart goes out to you for living through such a tumultuous week. I hope this next one is better for you.

My house is reasonably clean so all I need to do today is take a shower/shampoo and find something pretty to wear.

Then, this evening my sweetie and I are going to our friends' house for a (belated) Christmas gift exchange.

God bless
    Anne Theresa
  15. ksp56

ksp56 Member

It's afternoon. I have done laundry, clean both bathrooms, very well, and cleaned the floors. My muscle spasms are now telling me it's time to take a hot shower.

DH out of town, on last minute business trip. I would love to be there instead of here. Trying to adjust with our son being home, after his accident, is beginning to be more challenging.

A little depressed today.. Darn cold and rainy day!

Here's to a better week!