What's on your To Do List? 1/5 thru 1/11

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Jan 5, 2009.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I didn't see a list for this week. If there is one, please feel free to delete mine!

I apologize for not being able to really, read the prior posts. With moving our DS back home, during Christmas week, and major flaring both holidays, I haven't been good on checking up on all of you.

I do know several of you are not feeling well. Do what is needed to make you feel better! No matter how long! Thinking of you all. I know there have been problems with children coupled with aging parent responsibilites, and plain everyday living.

Grammy, please let us know if you are out of your very dangerous enviroment. Men sometimes act like they're okay with 'their' woman leaving and freak out when time comes. Can be a dangerous situation in itself. I pray you are safe. If you haven't left, do it at a time when he least expects it and with police if possible. I worked and dealt with abuse survivors for many years.

It was good to see so many posts! I noticed so many newbies! Welcome! Please visit soon!

Did laundry, cleaned 1 bath, and made appointments. Everything is aching, with yet another front moving in. As the old saying goes "This too shall pass". I just want it to be quickly! LOL DS as been doing better. Realize he is drinking like a fish. We cannot stop it and he does have consequences living here, until he moves. Still, a drunk is a drunk, is a drunk. DH and I are very aware of this.

Oh! Our DD is pregnant and due in April. I went to her last ultrasound and saw the baby! I cried! One of my favorite pictures was a little perfect foot... My cup runneth over...

Hope to see you! You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

Warm hugs,

2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hi all,

Kim, thanks for getting the thread started this week. I haven't been feeling well, Katy isn't doing well so I just didn't get a chance to do it.

So sorry you're going through those problems at home....it's so hard to watch someone you love self destruct. I know.......

We're going through constant dog fighting here, Dixie is teaching the pup manners, yet it's loud and obnoxious if you're stuck here all day long as I am.

Daughter isn't doing well right now and needs another med adjustment but I can't get her psych to call me back to either make an appt or get a prescription in the mail.

I'm just exhausted today but didn't get a nap when she decided to switch beds so she has a queen size now.

Take care all,

3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hi Nancy & Kim and those who follow.

Kim, you've certainly had your share of flare-ups recently - I'll say a prayer for you and hope you see some improvement. I'm glad you're son seems a bit better and I hope he continues to move toward recovery. How wonderful to see your grand-baby's foot - such a joyful experience, I'm sure.

Nancy, I'm sure the sounds and sights of dogs fighting would annoy me to no end. I hope this adjustment period doesn't last too long. I hope you're able to get some rest, though I can see how that would be difficult, given that Katy's not doing well. Take good care, sister.

My weekend with family (for those who missed my Sunday post) was wonderful. I had such a good time and felt pretty good throughout.

This afternoon, I've been busy with post-Christmas cleaning, pacing myself so as not to overdo.

This eve., I'm back to weight-watchers after a four-week absence. With a renewed determination to lose weight, I'm going to do my best!

A few things to attend to before the meeting:

phone insurance co.
    on line banking
    paper filing
    tidy living room
    sweep & dust bedroom

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Well, I'm back to work and things are really busy here, but I decided that I still needed to talk to all of you no matter what. I feel bad I only got over to the library once during my holiday break. But it's hard to get a computer at the library and they don't give you much time to use one anyway.

I had a good break, but it just went by way too fast! They always do. I got caught up on my reading. Harry and I had a good time at the water park. We got back from that yesterday. I'm glad we chose an off-time to go since it wasn't busy and the prices were lower. And all the warm water felt so good to my sore muscles. I even went on one of the water slides! (just a small one). I felt like a kid again!

Unfortunately, Jim went off his medication and is back in the hospital again. But we didn't let this stop our trip or spoil it. We saw Jim last night and he finally has agreed to take medication again after being off meds for a week. But being off meds for a week has affected him and he was very depressed and not good mentally last night. He didn't say "suicide" last night, but did say he wished he would die soon. He said he doesn't have much to live for. I hate hearing him talk this way. It made me cry. Harry and I finally got him talking about other things and he cheered up a little.

Grammy - I'm glad things are a little better for you, but just keep in mind that men always say they are sorry. It doesn't mean he won't do it again. Has he ever hit you before? It sounds good that he has agreed to get some help, but now he has to follow through.

Nancy: I'm sorry things are not going well for you or for Katy. As you can see by this post, Jim is not doing well. Jim's birthday is January 25th. I do wonder if he will be in the hospital for his birthday.

Ann Theresa: Good for you for getting back on the wagon (Weight Watchers). It's hard to lose weight over the holidays. I've been naughty over the the past few weeks, although I've had some days I've only eaten two meals a day, which has probably helped. I didn't really plan it that way. I just got up late.

Well, back to work.

5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Grammy, I'm sorry the shelter was less then helpful. I understand missing your dogs enough to go home - I'd be terribly homesick for my pets too. I appreciate your healthy cynicism with regard to your husband and his actions, and your awareness that the issue is ongoing. You're not blind-sighted by love as are some women. I hope your leg, foot and ankle heal soon and completely and that your appointment on Friday uncovers any underlying problems in that area. Turning your life over to God is the best you can do, trusting He will lead you into a new strength and make clear your path. You're in my prayers. Hugs.

To-Do List

dust bedroom/office
    change bedsheets
    empty wastebaskets
    water houseplants
    windex screens & mirrors
    download (upload?) Christmas photos to my iPod
    work on scrapbook project

God bless
    Anne Theresa
  6. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

I'm finally checking in this week (lol). I'm sorry I cannot respond to everyone today. Please know I am wishing you all the best in your various situations.

Last week I went to my dr appointment. He had me get my blood work. 9 vials. I ate a snack right after. I went home and slept the rest of the day! My ds was home sick from camp and I couldn't get up to get him anything. My dh had to bring me lunch and give my son water. My ds never lets me nap. At least not if he is present! He kept shaking me. I would say a little something then fall right back to sleep. He tried this about 5 times. I have been sleeping about 2 extra hours more than my usual 2 hour daily nap.

To do:
    Doctor appointment for a breast thermography (my mom had breast cancer 2 years ago so I feel this is very important)

Phone calls and e-mails

Pick up son at school and try to be energetic (ROFLMBO)

We have a baby shower for my neighbor this weekend! Look forward to that.

xoxo, Molly
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I think you are hearing a voice within you saying "This will not get better." I still wish you could leave your husband, as something could set him off again. Obviously, he's had anger issues all his life. Is there no one who could take you and the dogs? Anyone from church? Please, think about it. You can forgive him but you don't have to live in jeopardy. Your husband should be in jail right now- I can't believe he isn't.

I know you have to do what you have to do to survive, but I wish you could get out of this dangerous situation.

8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I got up early this morning to buy theatre tickets online (they went on sale today). I got excellent seats for Macbeth and a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. I also reserved our favourite bed & breakfast (in a scenic theatre town close that's close to home) for two nights so we'll have somewhere to sleep between productions. This is planned for the end of July. Something wonderful to look forward to...

Ellen, I'm glad you enjoyed your break - the water park sounds like lots of fun. I'm sorry Jim is unwell and in hospital. He sounds very depressed. I will say a prayer for him and hope he finds some joy in his life & a reason to live. I'm sure you have mixed feelings about returning to work, but one good thing (for us) is that your work gives you access to the net.

Molly, I relate to the level of fatigue you're experiencing - it's just awful, isn't it? I hate that I can't pull myself awake sometimes, it makes me feel powerless over my body. I hope you begin to feel more energetic soon. Enjoy the baby shower!

Grammy, it's amazing how, after an incident like the one you've just suffered, past behaviours are seen and understood in a new light. You have a strong faith, I'm glad you're able to fall back into God's arms & trust in His ways. I agree with Terri, it's important that you & your dogs get away from danger. God bless.

This afternoon, I'm meeting a few friends at the mall for coffee. While there, I need to go to the pharmacy to purchase a few things.

Tomorrow afternoon,I'm going to a family function (Dave's mother's family), then I head into a busy week with appointments most days. I have to make sure I pace carefully and not over-do. Thankfully, one of next week's appointments is for a 90-minute massage therapy session. This will bode well, as I've been experiencing much pain in my lower/mid back lately.

Enjoy the Weekend!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa