What's On Your To-Do List? 10/2 - 10/8

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Oct 1, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

An early 'good morning'! I hope everyone did okay, or better, over the weekend!

Monday: I hope to clean the bathrooms, swiffer the floors, and wet swiffer the kitchen!

We had a very busy weekend! Our 13 y/o niece, and her two younger brothers, spent Sat., night with us. They went to a family 'welcome home' party for our cousin who is on leave from the Army. Fun! We forgot how busy it is keeping up with young ones!

Sunday, our daughter and her fiance, came with us to our lake cottage. We went out in the boat and enjoyed the gorgeous fall day.

Thanks for hanging in with me! We will all miss Stormyskye! Hopefully, she'll pop in from time to time! After the baby is finished training his grandma! LOL

Wishing you a good Monday...

Kim

[This Message was Edited on 10/02/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2006]
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Have a good day....however you can!

Kim
  3. opticaltech

opticaltech New Member

No school today due to holiday.....Have to try and get this dizzy feeling gone!@....I had the weekend off plus another!!!!!.....Java goin on right now!......L.
  4. jole

jole Member

Today I am going to rest a lot - had company on Saturday and still not recouperated. Will put away toys from 3 yr. old granddaughter, wash bedding, and clean off desk. That's it. Plenty for today.

Tomorrow I hope to start redoing an old wooden trunk that belonged to my husbands grandmother. Hope the weather here stays nice for awhile lol.

Friends - Jole
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all, I hope everyone's well and enjoying the autumn weather. It's lovely here - cool but sunny.

Today I'm going to put my summer clothes away and bring my fall/winter clothes out of storage. That should be fun.

Then I plan to make up my pill dispensers for the week.

I have a bit of housework to do (put away dishes, clean kitchen counter tops, replace burned candles, empty waste baskets, spot clean floors) and then I want to spend some time reading.

At some point this evening (tired or not), I'm going to go for a little walk with my sweetie. I want to re-commit to the practice of daily walking, even if it's just around the block. It does me good.

That's an ambitious list but I think I can get through it if I pace myself and rest frequently. If not, there's always tomorrow.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Kim - thanks for taking this post over. I, too, hope that Stormyskye will be on here once in awhile to let us know how the new grandson is doing.

Terry - I saw your question on last week's post on green tomatoes. I know there are recipes using green tomatoes, but have never tried them. You can pick them before it frosts and wrap them in newspapers. Keep them in a cool, dry place and they will ripen in a few weeks. There're not as good as garden-ripe tomatoes, but better than some you get in the store.

Okay, now to my to-do list. I have a couple of errands to run this afternoon after work-go to the bank and drop off some dry cleaning. Maybe do a load of laundry. It's raining today so I will have to walk on the treadmill in the basement for my exercise. Corned beef and cabbage for dinner.

Take care, everyone.

Ellen
  7. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Enjoy visit with daugher and my "Granddog"

Fold load of laundry

Pick up some clutter

8. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Wash new sheets (hope they are soft)

Spend 15 minutes throwing away something that I do not need

Take care of dog

Wash a load of clothes, fold, & put up
  9. rose52

rose52 New Member

Playing with my rat terrier.
    cooking a small meal
    talked to my son.. YEAHHHHHHHH..
    now its almost time for Bed.
  10. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Another rainy day here, but warm. We have had so much rain the past few weeks. With the rain, my husband hasn't worked so far this week. Yesterday he took over a resume to another company that might be hiring. So many people losing their jobs in Michigan. We keep hoping the economy will improve.

After my swim therapy, I have a date with the vacuum cleaner. I think I will just do the carpets today and save the hard floors for tomorrow. I find I have to split up my vacuuming-too much to do all at once. I am thankful to have a small house when it comes to cleaning.

I need to get my hair cut some time this week. Leftovers for dinner tonight. That's it for me today.

Ellen

11. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm having a hard time getting going today. I've been falling to sleep at the computer even though I'm drinking coffee. I gave into this sleepiness yesterday and had a long nap. It was lovely to sleep but yesterday's to-do list remains undone.

Today I need to catch up with yesterday's chores (make pill dispensers, sort clothes), do my daily housework routines and get myself ready for my usual Tuesday night outing.

I've nodded off twice while writing this, so I may very well have to set my goals aside and take a nap.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  12. ksp56

ksp56 Member

It is 1 pm and the only thing I have accomplished is fielding phone calls. Not an impressive start!

Bit of a headcold. Makes me sleepy. My 'to do' list may have to be pushed back..again! My major feat will be getting showered and washing my hair! LOL

I am going to wet swiffer the floors, and make a pass at the bedrooms.

Ellen, we have had so much rain, also! I hope your DH finds something soon! It is sunny today..finally!

Christmas shopping, tis the season. I cannot believe it is almost here!

Have a good one!

Kim
  13. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

Resting today. I was busy yesterday and am stiff and achy today. So, I will rest and cook dinner later and then watch some DVDs.

Maybe I will be up to doing more tomorrow.

I hope all are well.

Nyrofan
  14. Fredericka

Fredericka New Member

Basic survival, that seems to be it.

Can't concentrate well and never seem to get much done.

I DID get some important mail taken care of and mailed today! 4 rebates from some stuff I bought.

And around and around in little circles I go, getting nothing else done!

I got part of my room clean in the last week. Does that count?

I'm 40- 50 something years old (??) and I can't keep my room clean. LOL!!!
  15. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Hair cut today.

Just going in circles as ususal

Work on paperwork.

Try to plant a small container of pansies

Take care of dog
  16. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Kim - thanks for your kind words about my husband's job situation. We try to remain hopeful that things will improve soon. As for the rain, we are having quite a thunderstorm as I am writing this!

My husband is off work today (again!) so he drove me into work. He is getting my car checked out for winter-the battery, hoses, tires, etc. He is picking me up at 10:00. I'm not having surgery on my right ear until December, but I need to go to the hospital today to have an EKG and a chest x-ray. Then they need to send the results to the hospital where I am having the surgery at.

After the tests are done, I need to get my hair cut if I have the energy. Stop at the drug store to pick up a prescription-my eczema has flared up again so I need more cream.

I need to finish vacuuming from yesterday, but not sure if I will get to this today or not. My husband cleaned up the kitchen early this morning, so that was a big help.

Take care, everyone.

Ellen
  17. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Today is Dh and my 26 anniversary. Hard to believe! Celebrating next week.

I did manage to get floors cleaned and bath's wiped down, yesterday. Today looks to be laundry. I am happy with what I did get done.

Nyro, rest up and don't push yourself. You know the drill!

Fredericka, you've already accomplished tasks today. I am fifty and I say, that bed will wait! LOL

Ellen, what surgery are you having on your ear?

Another rainy day here! Everyone, take care..

Kim
  18. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Kim - Happy anniversary to you and your husband! I am just a newlywed-only been married seven years. I was a late bloomer-40 when I finally married. As for my ear surgery, when I was a child I had lots of ear infections (my mother didn't realize and just had me lay on a heating pad a lot). Anyway, I have 30% hearing loss in my right ear caused by the scar tissue from the infections. I have some in my left ear-may have to have that ear operated on later. The scar tissue is on my eardrum and on the hammer bone in the middle ear. The doctor says there is a 90% chance I will get all my hearing back in my right ear. So while I am nervous about the surgery, I am relieved I will get my hearing back. I have to work around my work schedule, so I won't have the surgery until mid-December.

I have some good news-my husband has a new job and will start on Monday!! The last six months has been so stressful financially. The last time my husband worked was last Friday. I feel like the breadwinner now and I only work 23 hours a week. Not a good feeling with a chronic illness. I think he will start on Monday and the job is only ten minutes from our house-yea!

Okay, here's the to-do list for today: sign up for the next nine weeks of my swimming therapy, work on sewing projects (something I didn't do the other day), check the vegetable garden (it's supposed to get into the 30's tonight-we haven't had a killing frost yet). Fried chicken for dinner. Maybe catch up on ironing.

Have a good day, everyone.

Ellen
  19. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Parents coming to visit for awhile to see me and my dog. It is so strange they mainly come to visit the dog. They treat him like a great grandchild.

Make new container of plants for porch filled with fall and winter plants.

Work on paper clutter (This task will never end).
  20. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I had my hair colored and trimed today.. three hours.

I was able to run several errands, came home and caught up on my check book. That is it for today!

Ellen, I am happy you will get hearing back! What a gift! It is great your husband has a NEW job! I know that is a relief!

Thanks for the anniversary wishes,Ellen!

Good evening to all..

Kim