What's On Your To Do List 10/9 10/15

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Oct 9, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Beautiful day! Light cleaning throughout house.

My DS is moving out on Wednesday. His room looks 'lonely'! Last child out.... Sad and happy at the same time....

Still battling this darn cold..

Have a good day!

Kim
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Last child leaving...sad and happy...been there, done that! Sorry about your cold.

Cleaning up after the big birthday bash....Had Jim's big 6-0 party on Saturday and still cleaning up. Slowly as last week wiped me out.

Laundry and seriously looking at the first drawing we got from our home designer...not what we had in mind. Life!

Hope all of you have a great day. We have lovely sunshine here on the very northern coast of California...this is the nicest time of our year.

Sue
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

It's Thanksgiving today and I don't feel well. Bad headache and nausea, on top of the usual pain. Thankfully we have no commitments to other people today, though we did want to get to a restaurant for dinner and a walk through the park. Maybe I'll feel better later in the day and we'll still be able to go. If not, I won't push myself rather I'll spend a quiet day at home.

My partner, God bless him, is flexible as to whether we go out or not. After so many years living with my fibromyalgia, he appreciates that our plans may change at a moment's notice. He's such a sweetie and one of the things for which I'm most thankful.

Counting my many blessings on this special day, I'm truly thankful for this message board, this particular thread and the friends I've made here. You guys are AWESOME!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  4. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

Nothing special on my to do list.

My husband left on a business trip Sunday and won't be back Friday. I'm going to just concentrate on the basics of feeding the animals and myself and trying to keep the house from becoming a complete disaster while he's gone. Also still working on taking a shower everyday.

Whoo, Hoo! Don't I lead an exciting life?!

Shar
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

10/10

Laundry
    Tv
    Walk around the block
    Use my arm and leg stationary bicycle
    Make a BLt for lunch
    Call my sister
    Make dinner
    Watch more tv
    Go to bed

No, not much to do, but I am pooped. I will be so glad to go to bed. It is the one time when I can feel no pain: sleeping. Such a comforting feeling.

I hope all are as well as possible.

nyrofan
  6. Neicee99

Neicee99 New Member

shopping with my sister for a dress for a formal wedding she is attending. ON Wednesday I am planning on going with my 5 year old on her apple picking field trip with school (keep fingers crossed my diseases don't act up more) Thursday, doctors, Friday, not much, Saturday we are throwing a 25th wedding anniversary for my in-laws. Or should I say "I" am throwing the party. Have done all the shopping, phone calling, invitations, blah, blah, blah and they are not even my parents. But hey, I guess I could look at it like I am the organized one in the family and it will get done my way!!

Hugs to all

Neicee
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, everyone. We had a good weekend. My husband's first day on his new job yesterday went fine. I think he has finally found a good job. At last we can get our finances back where they should be. I had a nice lunch with an old friend yesterday. We talked for two hours! I was pretty wiped out afterward, but it was worth it!

Sue - I would love to visit Northern California someday. I've been in the southern part. I am sure the coast there is beautiful. My husband and I have talked about going there someday. We would also love to go to Sacramento and visit Alcatraz. I understand you have to get your tickets a year ahead.

AnneTheresa - Happy belated Thanksgiving! I'm sorry you didn't feel well enough to go out and celebrate. It's great to have a supportive spouse though, isn't it?

I'm going to have a busy afternoon:
    Pick up dry cleaning
    Finish vacuuming from yesterday
    Make spaghetti for dinner
    Fold laundry
    Go to swim therapy class
    Take a long nap after all of the above!

Ellen
  8. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Not sure what is on my list! Probably dusting since I did not get that done, and catch up with other 'to-do' like chores!

I hope today is a good one for you all! Pace yourselves and hang in there!

Kim
  9. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

To-do List

I broke my glasses yesterday so I have to get them to the optometrist for repairs.

mail some letters

clean kitchen

nap

get together with friend

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  10. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

10/10

Do my money making computer work
    Eat yougurt for lunch
    Watch some tv
    Walk around the block
    Make dinner; put it on hold because...
    Have a doctor's appointment for 5:20
    Come home, eat
    Clean kitchen
    Watch some tv
    Go to bed

and as always, read the message board in between.

nyrofan
  11. ksp56

ksp56 Member

12. suz45

suz45 New Member

10/10

Today I took a big step, I sent in my formal admissions papers to start in a Ph.D program in Health psychology.

I figured I have waited long enough... I was already tenatively accepted, however now it becomes official. The unversity is reviewing my transcripts to see exactly what I might not have to take as I have some coursework completed from a few years ago.

I won;t start until first week of January, but this is a big step and a step in the right direction for me.

As for the rest of the week, trying to enjoy the leaves changing before the cold weather hits. Spending time helping my daughters with school and attending a training seminar at my church so I can work with the teenagers as a guest speaker.

Suz45
  13. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Well, I had an amazing week last week, the best I've had in over 2 years.

I got my hair and facial done on Wednesday, trimmed my hedges back on thursday, painted part of the living room on Friday, then finished painting on Saturday. Whew....

So, I don't have much to do at all this week. We even finished my flower beds last week. I mulched them and helped hubby plant new bulbs for spring.

We went out to dinner twice because the weather was just glorious this week too. Love the European way of sitting outside and enjoying a meal, coffee and conversation.

Today I might go to the grocery store...payday tomorrow.

On Friday I get my hair cut and styled.

Need to do some light housework, my sewing room needs to be Roomba'd.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  14. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

It's mid-week already. The students and professors are back today from mid-semester break. Hard to believe it's almost Halloween. It's one of my favorite holidays.

I plan to have a pretty quiet afternoon. It's raining today so it's a good day to spend inside. I have some mending to do. I'll check to see if there are any good movies on this afternoon or maybe watch some of the detective shows such as FBI Files.

I am always cutting out recipes that sound good and then not ever trying them. I just picked broccoli from the garden so I will make broccoli soup. The recipe sounds good and pretty easy. So besides the soup, I will also make grilled cheese sandwhiches for dinner.

Have a good day, everyone.

Ellen
  15. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I had one of my insomnia nights. Fell asleep at 5:45 a.m., woke up around noon. I hate these type of nights! Doesn't leave time to accomplish much! lol

I surface cleaned my bathroom. Put 'stuff' laying around away. Dressed and will wait to see if DS needs help as he moves today. He finally let his dad help. It is rainy and nasty here.

I am supposed to leave tomorrow or Friday for the lake. My mom is going with me. If someone could keep this thread bumped through Sunday, I would appreciate it!

Glad to see you posting Wren! I love Hummingbirds and apples, too!

Kim
  16. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm feeling pretty good today, but for my back pain. Thank God for my heating pad :)

clean kitchen
    tidy living room & bedroom
    shower & wash hair
    do manicure/pedicure
    fill out insurance form
    water plants
    phone youngest son (his birthday)

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

17. ksp56

ksp56 Member

for the 'evening crew'!
  18. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

This is Thursday. I have some accompanying to do today- three people are getting ready for recitals, so we have low-key performances today. Each is doing only one of their pieces, but I'll be playing the whole time.

My tomatoes are all taken out of the garden now and I still have some in paper bags. I made some yummy tomato juice yesterday.

Take care, all- Love, Terri
  19. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

It was snowing a little as I drove in to work today-yuck! I am definitely not ready for this. I know I will be thinking a lot of my mother today. It is the 4th anniversary of her death. Each year it gets a little easier. She was so sick before she died that it was a relief knowing she would no longer be suffering. She was such a wonderful mother. I really miss talking with her.

The health insurance for my husband on his new job won't start until November 5th. His old boss is being nasty. Said he would cover my husband until the end of the month and now he has changed his mind. So I need to call to get my husband some temporary insurance until Nov. 5th. We decided it wasn't smart to chance going without for a few weeks.

Okay, on to my to-do list for today. After my swim therapy class, I need to continue doing some mending. I shouldn't have put it off so long. Call a friend I haven't talked to in awhile if I still have the energy. A nice long nap.

Kim - I sleep better than I used to, but I remember all the sleepless nights I used to have! You feel so wiped out the next day. Enjoy your time at the lake!

Ellen
  20. ksp56

ksp56 Member

My mom and I, won't be going to the lake until tomorrow. I had to put it off a day

Our DS moved to his apartment yesterday. I had offered to come over and clean and dust, which he first said 'no thanks' to. He changed his mind. For the first time, I am actually looking forward to help clean up something of his! LOL

I have to go grocery shopping and pick up items at Sam's Club. Also, buy some 'extra' supplies and food for Kev's new 'home'. The proverbial 'mother hen'.

Will try to quick dust and wipe bathrooms up before leaving tomorrow.

Ellen, thank you for the kind words about my insomnia. I slept like a log last night! I am sorry your DH's ex boss is being 'mean'. Thank heaven you only have a few weeks to pick up private coverage. We've also seen snow here today. YUK!

A good day to all!

Kim