What's On Your 'To-Do' List? 11/06 11/12

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Nov 6, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Woke up late, and have phone call after phone call!

Both of my children came over last night to have dinner, NOT home cooked, sorry to say! We talked, laughed and really enjoyed the time spent together. Nice! It isn't always this way! LOL

I have fed our dogs and cats. Picked up the house. Will wipe down kitchen and bathroom tops and call it a day.

I've been very busy. Today I am aching a lot. Almost feel fluish, but know I am not. Tired, headache etc. The weather, while warmer, is very damp which sets off everything, including my osteoarthritis. Enough whining for today!

Hopefully, you are all feeling well and had a good weekend!

Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 11/06/2006]
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Where is everyone???!!!
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Kim - I checked the board just before I left work yesterday at 1:00 (Michigan time), but I didn't see your post. I figured you were either not feeling well or had been really busy.

It was so nice yesterday afternoon that I was able to get out in the yard and gather more leaves and burn them in our garden. I also finally washed the outside of the kitchen and bathroom windows. They get especially dirty since the rain never hits there.

I woke up early this morning and my lower back and pelvic area were really aching. It's not too bad right now, but I am feeling really tired. It's raining today so that isn't helping my pain level. I'm thinking about skipping my pool class today and just going to bed after work.

I did go vote this morning and it was really busy. I guess the governor's race and some of the issues brought people out.

My to-do list will be short today. I did buy two pairs of pants over the weekend that need to be shortened a little. Maybe work on those if I feel better.

Ellen

4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hi Folks...

Thought I'd check in a bit. The damp weather here has played havoc with pain level today also. Can hardly wait to move to a dryer climate.

Geting my hair cut in an hour, doctor at 11:30...my psychiatrist who will get to hear how I'm off Cymbalta...eager to hear what he has to say.

Thank goodness I vote my absentee...thank goodness the political ads are over for a bit!

Glad to hear you had fun with kids, Kim...yes, I know about how it can sometimes be less than fun. (-:

Take care, all. Hope you are all doing well today. Winter is truly here again. Blah...!

Sue
  5. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney Member

I have 2 ansewers...

I'm new here so I hope my second answer doen't get me in trouble.

1. What's not on my to do list

2. My husband

Joann
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

My body is still hurting. The damp and rainy weather doesn't help. I cancelled hair appointment today. I was to have hair colored and just good not sit that long.

I need to vote today. Thank heavens it is just 1/2 mile away.

There is nothing planned for today. Hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Joann, you go girl. You notice I dont' even put my DH on the list! LOL

Everyone take care!

Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 11/07/2006]
  7. Suzan

Suzan New Member

The MOST important thing...
    GOING TO VOTE ( and hoping the line isn't long!)

The goal items..
    Finishing up the laundry..DUSTING ( I can write my name on too many surfaces)
    Starting dinner so we can eat after we vote.
    IF I can do it..Vacuum and spot clean where the dog got sick yesterday.

IF I get that all done..I will be a happier girl at the end of today.

Funny when there was that little on the list 5 years ago...I was a happy girl...NOW those few things on the list..and I know I had a great day if all of them happen!

8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

My to-do list

1. dust bedroom & living-room furniture
    2. dust walls & ceilings (if my body lets me)
    3. clean kitchen & bathroom
    4. carpet sweep
    5. organize freezer

I still haven't touched-up my wardrobe (with crafter's paint). It's a five-minute job - I don't understand why I've been procrastinating - I'll do that today lest it become a permanent fixture on my to-do list.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I'm feeling better than I was yesterday. I'm having an easier time getting through my job this morning-I am done at 12:30. I did manage to get to pool therapy class yesterday as I knew the warm water would feel good. Plus, my fellow swimmers helped to boost my spirits. I didn't do much after that-fixed an easy dinner. I had a long nap when I got home and also went to bed early.

This afternoon I really need to vacuum (it's been over a week-cat fur is taking over the house!). Make spaghetti for dinner-I have an easy recipe that was my mother's. Hem new pants while I am watching "City Confidential" this afternoon. It's one of my favorite shows.

Anne Theresa - I often do that, too. Put off a five-minute job. Then when I finally do it, it's so nice to have it done and I always wonder why I procrastinated.

The rain has stopped here and it is supposed to be in the 60's this afternoon-my body and I are celebrating!

I hope everyone here has a good day.

Ellen
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Need three crowns. The bad part, and part I would love to caht with the dentist ( a long-time friend)...the problems I have are with some crowns he put on in the last couple years. The older ones are just fine. These new ones are not gold, and I will insist on gold for the back ones...but he screwed up with the crowns.

However, I know it will do no good to bring that up.

My mouth hurts now...next week we will start on this process.

So....not much going on here...feel a little weak and achy here today...and it seems like many of you do. It's winter, friends. We better hang together. (-:

Sue
  11. suz45

suz45 New Member

This week hopefully will be less hectic than last week.

My weeks things to do.

1. Sign my acceptance papers and scheduele first course for doctorate in health psychology program.(Am excited and nervous, start classes after christmas break)

2. Chaperone younger daughters fall party at church on thursday. (really like the people at our new church)

3. See my chiro this week for trigger point therapy (always feels good afterward)

4. Start turkey day shopping early as to not be overwhelmed when the stores go crazy next week.

Do my yoga and relax with my girls on Friday they have the day off from school.

already voted yesterday and did weekly grocery shopping.

have a great week everyone.

In wellness,

Suz45
    [This Message was Edited on 11/08/2006]
  12. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

From yesterday's to-do list, the only thing to carry over is dusting the walls and ceilings. I'll do that first thing.

The rest of the house is fairly clean, though I still need to do my daily rounds (kitchen cupboards, bathroom etc.).

I need to sort the laundry for my sweetheart to do, then when he's finished, I'll fold it and put it away. It's a good system (our sharing the laundry-related chores) but I wish I had a main-floor washer & dryer (rather than in the basement, the stairs to which I can't manage)so I could do the laundry myself.
    I've always enjoyed doing laundry (strange but true). Oh well, I'm thankful for the in-house appliances (I remember the days of using laundromats, now *that* was a chore) and my sweetie's kind help.

Then, I'll get under my duvet and read a while.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

13. MsE

MsE New Member

Birthday dinner for my son and his wife on 6th and nap

Haircut on 7th and nap and watch election returns

Class and dental appointment on 8th and nap

Optometrist appointment and luncehon on 9th and nap

Clean house and prepare for house guests on 10th and nap

Daughter and family arrive on 11th-12th. No nap.
  14. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Today, I did make my appointment to have hair done. Did a few simple tasks. Talked with my mom. Talked with DH, who is STILL in Germany. I am ready to have someone to help out again! LOL

Lindy, as for being so busy!! I am now paying with a flare and fatigue! LOL It was well worth it!

Ellen, glad you are feeling a little better! I am sure you are 'enjoying' your weather, as muc as I am down in 'Hoosier Land'!! NOT!

Have a peaceful night..

Kim

15. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I am slowly becoming physically and mentally exhausted with everything that I'm doing around the house and for the family lately but...

This week I've already cleaned 2 bathrooms, vacuumed living room/dining/kitchen floors, Rearranged my china cabinet, done my laundry, got some X-mas supplies out, made a pair of jammy pants for myself, mowed the lawn, and went to base to deliver hubby's meds that he forgot to take with him, also took daughter to her class, and I've cooked quite a few meals too.

I've also washed and put away mountains of dishes, each time I get them all done, daughter comes around with more as she sleeps at odd hours and eats at odd hours too.

Today I need to go grocery shopping. Tomorrow I have another hair appt with my daughter too...(let's hope that goes well)

Hubby took off today and friday to have a much needed long weekend but had an extreme migraine last night so I doubt he'll be much help in the near future.

I need to vacuum the floor with my sewing room and litter box area, vacuum the stairs on both sides, fix the few small places on our walls with mold growing on them, then paint all while trying to balance everything with keeping my daughter calm and level.

And what I need most of all is a mini vacation where I just take care of myself for a bit before I fall apart from the pressure.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  16. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Kim - I bet you do miss your husband. How long will he be in Germany? I hope you are doing better. It's supposed to be mid-60's today and sunny! I plan to get out and enjoy it.

Nancy - Wow-no wonder you feel like a wreak with all you are doing. As I recall from reading other posts from you, you have a daughter who has mental problems, right? He doesn't live with me, but I have a brother who is mentally ill, too. He has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Tourette's Syndrome. I used to be his guardian, but had to give it up this summer. It was just too stressful. After two years, he is finally agreeing to take one medication-an anti-anxiety med and it's helping some. I also have a brother who is bi-polar and won't take meds either.

With the weather in Michigan being so nice today, I am going to be naughty and skip my swim class today. This will probably be one of our last nice days this year so I would like to do a little yard work. Put away some cushions on the porch, and put the cover on the porch glider.

Make spaghetti for dinner. I ran out of energy yesterday so we ended up having hot dogs for dinner instead of spaghetti.

Ellen

17. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Yes, my daughter does have mental problems and it seems like every new thing just sets her off. We stil don't have her meds level so each day brings new surprises.

Unfortunately, each new doc she sees dx's her with different things. All they agree on is she is BPD and some say bi-polar too.

I remember when you gave over the guardianship of your brother. I'm not sure how I can handle it, but I need to somehow get guardianship of my daughter before she turns 21 and loses her military ID card and medical.

I think I just needed to vent a bit. So this weekend, I might hide up in bed with a good book a bit and try to get some extra rest.

Playing hooky because it's beautiful outside??? I say, Go for it!!!!!

Hugs,

Nancy B
  18. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm having a bad day so getting through my daily chores will likely be enough for me. No additional tasks for today. I'll take some extra time in bed, maybe watch TV or read if the focus is there.

My best to everyone with a special prayer for all who are struggling.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  19. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Today I SHOULD: sweep,dust, and vacumm house. I really need to go to the grocery. If I gather all of the waste baskets and take it out to the garbage can, I will be VERY happy with myself! LOL

Ellen, Jim will finally be home on Saturday. He left a week ago yesterday, or today. I am confused! LOL It is gorgeous here, also. I have windows open and the air is so fresh!

Nancy. You amaze me! I want to go to bed after reading your lists! LOL I hope YOU get some down time. You certainly deserve it.

Anne Theresa. Please take care. Rest and do what needs to be done to get better..

I wish everyone better a better day(s)..

Kim
  20. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

Went to doctor and got new meds and a depo medrol shot this

morning. Put daughter on the school bus for preschool. Need

to get son to take a nap, so I can take a nap. Then pick

up daughter from Preschool and take her to dance class.

Come home and make dinner, maybe watch Cars the movie

(again), get the kids to bed, do some studying and hit the

sack!