What's On Your To Do List? 12/18 12/24 ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Dec 18, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Recovery from a bout with the flu. I am so far behind.

Still need to finish Christmas shopping. Wrap. Find stocking stuffers. Go grocery shopping for Christmas Day brunch. Clean the house, etc.!

Not that I will get this all done today!

If Ellen happens to check in, let us know how your surgery went.

Best to you all..

2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I had a wonderful weekend with my children. Our Christmas celebration was perfect, we exchanged gifts and had many good things to eat. I was sorry to see them leave (and a little sad) but life goes on.

To-Do List

clean kitchen & bathroom
    swiffer floors
    empty wastebaskets & garbage
    arrange Dr's appointment, ride etc.
    spot clean carpet
    make pizza for dinner

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Yikes, I'm falling behind!

I wasn't feeling well last week with really low blood sugar readings so I need to get a few things finished this week like everyone else does.

Today I'm going to: start my daughter's laundry
    Work on my organinzing my Christmas stuff some more
    I need to wrap gifts too
    Need to swiffer the living room
    Wish I had the energy to mop too.

I also need to find my way into my dressing room and get my dirty laundry basket out. I found a leak in the ceiling on Saturday so we called the Landlord to come out. I have a huge (did I say huge?) leak in the roof so that room is tarped now (with a bucket) and hard to get my stuff out.

So since I thought about it for a few minutes, I really need to go back in and find a place for my clothing racks. (We don't have closets here) I really need to rearrange in case it takes a while to get someone here to fix it. (NOW it gets cold!!!)

I need to go to base and buy an air purifier, but probably won't get that done.

Ellen, hope everything went well and that you're remembering to take care of yourself too this holiday season.

I'm also out of my supplements so all 3 of us here are slowly going down hill health wise...yuck!

Happy Holiday Hugs,

Nancy B
    [This Message was Edited on 12/18/2006]
  4. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

Im actually starting to "mellow out" from weeks of baking cookies, preparing for xmas and rushing around like a nut case. This is the very first yr Im NOT hostessing xmas eve or xmas day...Im actaully relieved. I cant believe I didnt volunteer LOL...I ALWAYS feel like I have to volunteer.

Mind you all...Im in a full blown fibro flare, Im hurting from head to toe, and the worst is the fatigue I feel...so thank heavens Im not worried about cleaning the house top to bottom to entertain. I actually did something good for myself...and that was to NOT volunteer any of the entertaining!

For this week Im concentrating on figuring out how to redo my finances and "make a plan" to pay off debt in the yr 2007. Seems I have gotten myself into trouble with my credit card so now I have to "rob peter to pay paul" so to speak and deal with the penalties and taking from my IRA account once again. There wont be much left but I have really sat down and made a choice to deal with the situation NOW, cut up the cards and NO MORE! Im tired of living this way. I did it to myself so now I have to pay the price!!!Hopefully when we get back on our feet Ill be able to start saving. I read that with every paycheck you are suppose to take 5%-10% right off the top and pay YOURSELF before you even pay your bills. SO...2007 Hubby and I are paying ourselves first, everyone else will come after that.

So this week the xmas festivites have mellowed out BUT I have been enveloped in my financial battle for 2007. Im on a mission next yr. I told hubby we will either be selling the house and moving into one with a little more space (right now we live in very cramped corners 6 people 3 bedrms and only 1 bath ...its getting bad w/ 3 teenagers in the house!) or we will be refinancing to build at leat another small bedroom and a bath and stay here. Whatever we decide it will happen in 2007. Again, Im on a mission and I refuse to procrastinate ANY more.

Im also reading a book called MONEY MAKEOVER. It has made me realize how much I piddle away money with things we really dont need accessive amounts of like clothing, shoes etc. For a long time I couldnt figure out where money was going because we dont have fancy cars, tv sets, music equipment and all those luxory things in life...

after examing different things I realized that its all the little things that add up and up and up that is causing my credit card debt. SHOPPING ONLINE HAS BEEN A MAJOR FALL BACK FOR ME. Its too easy to click a button and go. No more though. Now that I know what is going wrong I am full force in stopping it. I have also discivered that, like someone with an overeating problem, I seem to shop and buy when I am stressed out. I never was like this but noticed over the yrs I have developed this tendency and addiction I guess you would call it, and well, I need to be more conscious of it and get a hold of it before it really destroys us financially.

So there ya have it. This weeks quest is to do some life altering (financial altering) realization of priorities and responsibilities...I get to relax holiday wise, but mentally I will be extremely busy and overwhelmed with this new challenge of mine. God willing, with his help and me being more repsonisble my new yrs wish will come true.

At least I can kick back and relax this xmas....of course, worrying about my high debt has been somewhat of a major sleep robbing stress LOL!

HUGS all!

[This Message was Edited on 12/19/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/19/2006]
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm starting to feel like myself again after a few day's exhaustion following the visit with my sons and daughter-in-law. I'm tired and with the usual low-energy but no longer with the sort of exhaustion that makes getting up from my chair an insurmountable task. Even though I made it as easy as possible for myself (I had help with the shopping, cleaning, wrapping gifts etc. and I made easy-to-prepare snacks and meals), hosting a Christmas gathering is a LOT of work and can be too much for a person with health issues. Thankfully, I didn't go into a bad flare or end up sick - I just needed a few days to recoup.

I'm getting together with my friend tonight to visit, run a few errands and go to the mall for a walk. I'm looking to find a new bedside table so I'll make that the focus of my window-shopping. The mall will likely be crazy with people tonight but since I don't need to shop, I'll surely be okay.

Before I leave, I have to shower/wash my hair, dress and tidy the house. I have several hours to accomplish this so I'll pace myself and save most of my energy for the outing. Truth be told, I'd rather stay home tonight but I feel a bit depressed so being with a friend and getting out for some exercise is the best course of action to (hopefully) avoid a full-blown depression.

God Bless,
    Anne Theresa

6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I slept in this morning, good because I didn't sleep well last night.

At the present time, I'm waiting for the pharmacy to deliver my medication so I can make up a week's worth of pill dispensers.

After I do that, I need to wrap gifts and fill out the accompanying Christmas cards. We have four Christmas get-togethers planned over the next few days. I'm exhausted just thinking about it but, so far, I've managed to keep my stress level to a minimum.

After the gifts are all wrapped, I plan to do the usual daily housework and then go grocery shopping with my sweetie.

By the time I get home from the grocery store, I'm bound to be exhausted and more than ready to call it a day. Hopefully they'll be a good Christmas movie on TV so I can curl up with my blanket and heating pad and watch something uplifting.

I hope everyone is having a good day and not letting those to-do lists get out of control. It's a busy time of year and most important for us to pace and take frequent breaks.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

And we're off yet again for the more southern parts of our state...but, even if it's work and travel, anything is better than staying here in Eureka for Christmas.

So, I took Jim to work, stopped at the grocery store (our of cranberries..GRRRR), home and now about to start the packing.

A long day today and a long day tomorrow and the rest of this season.

Need to go also to the drug store for some meds and some kitty litter. Felix is going with us. Need to call stepdaughter and tell her to start taking her asthma meds. Such a mess.

Take care, all...won't be posting again for about a week, probably.

Merry Christmas.

8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Today I'm getting my hair done...just a shampoo and blow dry but add that wonderful head massage and it makes for a very relaxing hour.

Hubby's off today so if my daughter comes with me, he can look out for her so I don't have to worry that she's ok every second I'm in there.

She had a break through yesterday.....she wanted a certain skirt for a friend who she was going out with last night and she swore that I must have done something with it.

She's gotten quite large since she moved back home so I've started a storage box for her in the basement, where she thinks the devil lies in wait for her.

Well, for about the first time since last March, she went into the basement to look for the skirt!!!!! I was so proud of her. (No it wasn't there, but who cares, she did it!!!!!!!!)

Her last psych class was last night so I'm glad that's over with, it was really stressing her out.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend...

Nancy B
  9. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Good morning!

Chaos rains at our home. Our son had many appointments this week, and had to go to court today. I so hope this sinks in. I wonder..

I didn't decorate much. I did get up some decorations and a 3 ft., tree. It is better than nothing. I am enjoying the decorations.

The grocery store 'challenge' is stil ahead. My Dh and I, are going to battle the crowds tomorrow, and finish stocking stuffers.

I send you my best. I pray that next year brings a healthy, peaceful, and less stressful year, for us all. Also for our families, especially our children who are struggling at this time.

Many hugs to you all.... You are all a big part of my blessings this year...

10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I didn't get very far on yesterday's to-do list, I hit the wall early so I spent the day watching Christmas movies instead of tending to my to-do list. My sweetie (God bless him) did the grocery shopping so at least I don't have to face empty cupboards today.

I slept well last night but I'm very exhausted again today. I'm going to drink some strong coffee, then:

make-up pill dispensers
    quick tidy house
    shower & shampoo
    wrap gifts for this evening
    dress, hair, make-up
    Christmas visit with friends - this couple, dear friends are understanding of my struggle with fibromyalgia. If I'm only up to a twenty minute visit this evening, I know they'll be understanding. I wish all of my Christmas obligations (and yours too) were that easy and stress free.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  11. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I've been resting for a good part of the day. I don't feel well but I'm going to visit my MIL and her husband this eve., as planned.

Housework-wise, I've done my chores (the bare minimum) except for cleanintg the bathroom which I'll do next. Then I need to wrap gifts, dress in my holiday outfit, put on some make-up and go to my MIL's house (for about two hours).

After that, my sweetie and I will have two blessed days to ourselves, before having to attend my FIL's Christmas gathering on Boxing Day.

I hope everyone is well and not too overwhelmed with holiday to-do lists.

God Bless,
    Anne Theresa