What's On Your To Do List? 2/19/07 thru 2/25/07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Feb 18, 2007.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Until Kim recovers from surgery and is able to post again, I'll be starting the 'What's on Your To-Do List?' thread at the beginning of each week.

All are welcome to use this thread as a way to set and prioritize daily goals.

What's on your to-do list?
    [This Message was Edited on 02/19/2007]
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

And you've posted bright and early for me, thanks!!

Today I need to shower and shampoo.

My friend just sent me pics of her new grand daughter and I'm wondering if I should return the clothes I bought for another size (bigger). That baby's a whopper!

Hubby and I need to see about installing new baby gates for the puppy who's coming home around March 1st.

And I have my laundry to do today. Grocery shopped yesterday with hubby so that helped and he could carry things in for me.

And he's off today so we'll probably play some online poker.

Thanks for taking over the thread while Kim recovers from surgery. Warm thoughts and good wishes going out her way.

Nancy B
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Anne Theresa - I'll add my thanks for taking over this post until Kim is up to doing it again. I thought about her over the weekend and wondered how she is doing. I suppose her husband will be giving us an update sometime this week.

As for your medication, that sounds like a real hassle and quite demeaning to have to go in every day to take a pill. I hope you are able to work something out.

I didn't sleep quite as well last night. I woke up with my left knee and right foot hurting. It didn't last long, but it took me awhile to get back to sleep.

Here's my to-do list for today (although I'm not feeling especially ambitious):

-continue working on art project
    -attend art class tonight
    -buy more bird seed
    -relax and take a long nap (so I can attend my art class
    and not feel too tired)

That's it for me today.

4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Phew! We finally finished assembling the new entertainment unit (it's a lovely piece of furniture) and then, yesterday we went out to choose, purchase and arrange installation of our new kitchen floor. We chose a pretty beige with a hint of blue - I'm sure it will look great and certainly much better than the tattered linoleum that's there at present. We bought this house 3 years ago and it's taken that long for us to save up enough money for a bit of renovation. It's so nice to finally be moving forward in that regard.

Today's To-Do List

1) dust living room and bedroom furniture
    2) carpet-sweep hallway & swiffer hardwood
    3) clean washroom
    4) make phone call inquiries re: carpet & couch cleaning
    5) make-up week's worth of pill dispensers
    6) listen to relaxation tape as loaned to me by a friend
    7) make something easy for dinner (frozen pizza & salad)
    8) read

God Bless,
    Anne Theresa

5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I've decided to sign up for another month of the painting class. My husband couldn't drive me last night so I had to drive myself. I don't drive much at night, but I managed to get myself to and from class last night.

Anne Theresa - your kitchen floor sounds really pretty. We bought a new floor for our kitchen right after we were married in 1999 and it was not cheap. But we had to do something. The former owners had put in orange carpet and it was in bad shape! (even if it was brand new, I wouldn't want it-yuck!)

I managed to do a few things this morning before leaving the house-put away yesterday's dishes, made beds, emptied wastebaskets. As for this afternoon, here's my list:

-go to my brother's psychiatrist appt. right after work
    -go to the later pool therapy class
    -vacuum livingroom and bedrooms
    -take a long, long nap after therapy class

6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

There are two items left over from yesterday's to-do list that I'll carry over to today. These are

1) Arrange appointment for carpet & furniture cleaning

2) Make up a week's worth of pill dispensers. After that

3) I need to do a bit of light housework, then I'll

4) Take a nap and relax for a while.

4) Make & eat dinner (I have no idea what to make)

5) Get dressed in street clothes, do make-up & hair

6) Attend FM support group. I've never attended this group but I decided to check it out tonight. It's a monthly meeting with special speakers, open to people with FM, their spouses and family members. My sweetie is planning to attend with me which is good because I'm shy.

Going to the FM support group is, of course, dependent on how I feel this evening. With the decrease in methadone, I'm feeling much pain.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Yesterday really wiped me out. My brother's behavior at the doctor's was the worst I've seen. He was extremely hyper and agitated. The doctor has prescribed another medication-this one is supposed to help his OCD, but as usual, he said he will never take it. It's frustrating to see him continue to refuse help. I took a really long nap when I got home-over two hours.

It was really foggy driving in to work this morning. The trees and evergreens look really unique with frost on them.

For once, I can go straight home after work today-yay! As for my to-do list:

-finish vacuuming from yesterday
    -return my girlfriend's call from yesterday
    -go to Ash Wednesday services
    -walk on my treadmill
    -my usual afternoon nap
    -work on my art class project

I doubt I will get all this done. My FMS doctor says I am a "higher functioning fibromyalgic", but I am always fighting the urge to do more than I should, although I am getting better at pacing myself. Just working mornings and taking naps every day has helped.

8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I had a great day today!!!

I did some work in my backyard replacing the garden edging for when the puppy comes home next week.

I showered, rested, played poker online and even won a table.

Then my daughter asked me to take her to a friend's house to study for her exam tonight and I did it. I drove!!!! All the way to another base about 10 minutes away.

While I was there, I stopped in at our new BX, it's huge and I keep forgetting things that I'm used to picking up on our base a mile 1/2 away.

I even brought home dinner to stick in the oven tonight for hubby when he comes home.

I'm so proud of myself and really needed a day of feeling better.

Ellen, I'm sorry to hear about your brother, I know how that goes. Did you see the post about my daughter dating? She's been really happy lately and it's so nice not to have the drama and problems that we've had, even for a short time.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

That's great that your daughter is doing better right now. I know you certainly have had your difficult times with her. You deserve a good day! Things like driving that other people take for granted, we appreciate more. I have had to give myself some distance from both of my brothers (my oldest brother has bi-polar, but is married and is definitely more independent than my brother with the OCD). With your daughter, I know you are not able to give yourself a break as easily as I am. But with my parents gone, I definitely do feel more responsibility.

It's great to have someone like you that understands what it's like having a loved one who is mentally ill. Thanks for your kind words.

10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Welcome, Renae - it's good to see you here. I hope you enjoyed your massage. I have one scheduled for tomorrow and I'm really looking forward.

I slept in my recliner last night - I couldn't get comfortable in my bed with this increased pain. I had a pretty sound sleep but then I could NOT get up this morning. I stayed in my recliner until 3 o'clock pm, watching a bit of TV and drifting in and out of sleep. I don't like being such a lazy slug but, as always happens when I rest this much, I feel pretty good.

My sweetie is working late tonight so even though it's late afternoon, I still have a few hours to do the things I want to do, make a nice dinner etc.

1) water plants
    2) dust walls & ceilings
    3) put away dishes, tidy kitchen
    4) clean washroom
    5) elliptical machine - I've been away from this for the past week so I need to re-commit
    6) shower & shampoo
    7) make dinner - rice & fish au grautin - a new recipe

God bless
    Anne Theresa
  11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Ellen, I hope I can help sometimes because I really do understand.

Today I've already done almost 3 loads of laundry and bathed and trimmed my dog. She looks so much better now and I'm hoping this will help make my grooming table come in the mail sooner!

We'll be taking her with us to pick up the pup next week so I wanted her to look nice.

I still need a shower but....

I really think the nice weather is helping me to feel better this week. It's been low in the 30's but in the afternoon it gets around 68. Not normal but I feel better so I'll take it!!

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  12. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I've got a long weekend coming up (off Monday and Tuesday with it being mid-term break at work) and I am really looking forward to it. Fatigue has been more of a problem lately. The past few days I've been taking really long naps in the afternoon-a couple of hours.

In spite of the fatigue, I decided to work more on my art project. I was surprised later when I saw that two hours had gone by! I am finding painting to be therapeutic. My hands hurt a little today from holding the paintbrush, but not too bad.

Here's my to-do list for today:

-pool therapy class
    -return my girlfriend's call (this is from yesterday's list. She knows that if I'm not up to talking, it may be
    a few days before I call her back).
    -make spaghetti for dinner

13. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

My outing for the day was to the spa for a massage therapy session. It was a nice, relaxing massage but - as sometimes happens - I feel like the massage 'stirred up' the pain. Usually when this happens, it takes a day or two for me to recover. After I recover from the massage, the next several days or week is when I feel the most benefit with decreased pain, increased range of motion etc. So, hopefully, I have some good days ahead.

While I was at the spa, I bought a silver-tone hair-pin, flower-shaped with an amethyst stone set in the centre. It's simply beautiful. I don't usually buy things on impulse but once in a while it's nice to make an exception.

I'm exhausted now, so my to-do list will be short.

1) put away dishes, clean kitchen countertops
    2) swipe the washroom
    4) swiffer hardwood floors
    5) soup & sandwiches for dinner

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  14. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

After yesterday's massage, I feel pretty good today.

To-do List

wash bathroom floor
    clean/organize medicine cabinet
    empty wastebaskets
    clean fridge
    find a new recipe for next week
    make grocery list

I have an inkling to go to the mall today, more for the exercise than needing to purchase anything. If I continue to feel okay, then after lunch, I may just do this.

It's nice to have a good day - I wish the same for everyone.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  15. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I woke up early this morning with my hips hurting. I put ice packs on both sides and it felt better. I am really needing this long weekend-can you tell I'm looking forward to it? (back here on Weds.)

In spite of how I feel, I have a busy afternoon. My husband drove me into work today. We have an appt. with our accountant to do our income taxes. It's always so nice to get that done-hopefully we will get a nice refund. Then have a late lunch, to the bank to cash my check and then get groceries.

Here's my to-do list for the next four days:

-dust basement including bookshelves
    -laundry including bedding and towels
    -finally cook the big turkey I've had in the freezer since
    -shopping - I need a new spring coat and I'm thinking they
    should be in the stores now. Also need some small items,
    plus get a few art supplies. Hopefully my husband will go
    with me so I can use my scooter (I'll promise to take him
    out to lunch-that should do it!)
    -finish my second art project
    -relax and watch Lifetime movies
    -go to the theatre with the husband
    -sleep in every morning!

Have a good weekend, everyone.

16. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

The cleaners were here yesterday afternoon to clean my living-room; rug, sofa & recliner. They did a nice job - everything looks & smells good and is (finally) dry. This Kick-Starts my spring cleaning rituals of which my house is in dire need.

1) empty wastebaskets

2) swiffer bedroom floor

3) shower & shampoo

4) clean washroom (I've started washing the bathtub etc. while I'm taking a shower, as suggested by Ellen. With the hot water on my back, it's much easier to bend and stretch to clean. A good suggestion - thanks.)

5) dress, make-up & hair

6) to a movie with my sweetie

God bless,