What's On Your To Do List? 2/26/07 thru 3/04/07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Feb 25, 2007.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Kim is away from the board and recovering from surgery, so lets keep her in our thoughts & prayers and send warm, healing vibes her way.

All are welcome to use this thread as a way to set and prioritize daily goals.

What's on your to-do list?
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was fine - I got lots of rest and went to the movies with my sweetie.

I'm moving slow today, wearing my back-brace and trying to stay warm. I feel pretty good though, all things considered.

I'm not sure how far I'll get on today's to-do list, but here's what I'd like to accomplish:

1) water plants
    2) clean & organize cupboard under the kitchen sink
    3) dust living-room furniture
    4) order new sun lamp for my pet turtle
    5) fill up ten days of pill dispensers
    6) listen to relaxation c.d.
    7) make soup for dinner
    8) read

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I had a good weekend too. Hubby helped me get some things done to get ready for the puppy.

Yesterday I got my hair done for the first time in 2 months and it was wonderful.

Today I need to start my laundry...I'm trying to get things done so I can concentrate on puppy training for awhile.

Tomorrow I hope to get my bag ready and make it on the trip with hubby and daughter.

Nancy B
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Scratch my entire to do list for the week. Everything has changed with one phone call.

Our landlords want us to move out and the sooner the better. (We had a roof leak in Dec and I think they want to sell instead of fix it right and here, they can do that)

So no puppy.....the expense is just too high.

No trip to Austria...

Just stress, stress and more stress for me this week.

Nancy B
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Lindy, congratulations on two smoke-free years! I've just celebrated my one year anniversary as a non-smoker and so I can attest to how difficult quitting smoking (and especially staying quit) can be. Good for you!

Thanks for asking about my methadone dilemma: There is simply no-one else in the city licensed to prescribe methadone for pain and I'm unable to travel outside the city. So, I've cut back from 30 mg. to 10 mg. and I have enough pills left to continue cutting back to zero.

Cutting back like this, I shouldn't have to contend with too many withdrawal symptoms but the pain has returned and it's bad. I see my family Dr. this eve. and I'm hoping he will increase my morphine to offset the decrease (and eventual cessation) of methadone.

This experience (of my pain management doctor dying unexpectedly) makes me think that doctor's who prescribe such medication should have a contingency plan in case they become suddenly disabled or die.

I shudder to think of all the pain patients city-wide who are having to come off methadone without support. (I was fortunate to be left with an almost-full prescription and the know-how to wean off addictive meds.) Morphine, etc. is not too bad because all doctors can prescribe this but methadone is another story altogether.

Nancy, I'm sorry your plans have been waylaid due to the sudden need to move. You must feel very stressed out and particularly sad about losing the puppy you were so looking forward to adopting. No matter how settled we may feel in life, we can never see what's around the corner and sometimes we're caught completely off guard. Keep in mind that 'all things work together for good' and rest assured you will land on your feet.

Hi Jaminhealth and welcome to the 'to-do list thread'. It's nice that you have a weekly bridge club and that you're able take such enjoyment from the game. I've never played but I have friends who are very enthusiastic about bridge. Perhaps, someday, I'll learn to play. I've heard many good reviews about the Select Comfort Bed. I'm sure you'll be pleased.

To-Do List Thread

water plants (carried over from yesterday's list)
    empty wastebaskets & garbage
    clean kitchen & bathroom
    doctor's appointment
    easy dinner (homemade soup from the freezer)

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

They won't change their minds....and I'm going to look at a townhouse today.

Everything happens for a reason...

And the appt to view the house has been postponed until tomorrow too....TG I have a really good sense of humor!!

I have some really good news but if you all don't mind, there's a few special people I need to talk to first. I'm hoping to be able to post more tomorrow. Until then, I'm laying low so I don't spill some good beans!!

Nancy B
    [This Message was Edited on 02/28/2007]
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Well, I am back to work. It's been a pretty quiet morning as this is mid-semester break week. I've finished up what I needed to do. They are talking about another ice storm coming in tonight. I don't think the ice will last long (or the snow we have on the ground now) as it is supposed to be 48 degrees tomorrow, but with rain.

I think this weather is definitely affecting me pain wise. I've had a lot of pain in both hips the past couple of weeks-something I haven't had in some time. When I lay down, I put ice packs on, which helps.

Your experience, Anne Theresa, with your doctor dying scares me. My FMS doctor is fairly young (mid-40's, I'm guessing), but I don't know what I would do if something should happen to him. Until I found him, I was never able to get the other doctors to prescribe stronger pain meds. I am hopeful that this will change and it will become easier for those suffering from chronic pain to get some relief. Now if I could just find something to help with the dull, achy pain!

Brooksiemom (sorry-I can't remember your new name): So sorry you have to suddenly move (and in the winter, too!), cancel your trip and no new doggy! I hope you are able to find something pretty quickly. I think we all know how stressful moving is, especially for those of us with chronic pain and fatigue! I have a penpal from Vienna and have been to Austria twice. It is such a beautiful country. I hope to go there again someday. It was an interesting experience living with an Austrian family.

Okay, on to my to-do list:

-Dust (left from last week's list)
    -Pick up art supplies for Monday's art class
    -Talk to my FMS/CFIDS friend from Maryland
    -Leftover turkey for dinner (I cooked a big turkey over the
    weekend. I love having the leftovers)

Well, take care everyone. I hope we hear how Kim is doing pretty soon.

8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Nancy:

Sorry-I couldn't remember your first name-all I could remember was Brooksiemom! Of course once I started typing my reply to this post, I couldn't check! Take care and here's a big hug - ((((((((((hug)))))))))

9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Sorry you are having the hip and butt pain like I do, but I'm glad the ice packs are helping. I have found that they numb the area, giving me some relief. I also put them on my neck and shoulders-another bad place. Wouldn't that be great to wake up with no pain! How about more energy, too! I have to believe that someday this will happen.

10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

My appointment last evening was the first I've seen my family doctor since my pain doctor died. (My family doctor was away on maternity leave when the death occurred).

My family doctor was very supportive. He increased my morphine and is going to follow a lead on a pain doctor (one I've not heard of) in a neighbouring city (close enough for me to travel to by bus) who is licensed to prescribe methadone. Fingers crossed.

Today's To-Do List

change bedsheets

sweep/swiffer floors

re-arrange bedroom to make room for my pet turtle
    (The basement - where she usually lives - is much too cold now, so she'll bunk with me until the warmer weather arrives.)

clean kitchen

make soup - cauliflower & potato, new recipe

spot-clean hall carpet

God Bless,
    Anne Theresa

11. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

It's so nice to be in the month of March even though the weather is messy today (rain & sleet). Here in Michigan we normally see signs of spring by late March. My crocus and early iris should be in bloom.

Good news-my hips feel the best they have in two weeks. It's so wonderful to have some relief. Now if my neck and shoulders would only feel better-the aching and stiffness is constant.

Okay, on to my to-do list:

-pool therapy class
    -finish dusting (finally!)
    -call in prescription refills
    -do the grocery list

Anne Theresa - I hope it all works out for you with your pain meds. It sounds like your doctor is really trying to help.

12. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Despite a snow-storm, my friend and I are planning to go shopping later today. That is, unless the roads become impassable over the next couple of hours, which is a definite possibility. Before we go, I have a few things I need to do, in addition to the floors & washroom:

- clean washroom
    - swiffer floors
    - clean the fish bowl
    - clean kitchen garbage can
    - clean/organize inside of fridge/freezer
    - make two phone-calls
    - check out arrangements for a mini-vacation in March
    - change into street clothes, do hair & make-up

Judging from the size of the above list, I may need to save a few things to do when I come home from shopping and/or tomorrow.

God Bless
    Anne Theresa
  13. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Thanks for all of the well wishes and hugs!!

The good news is still a bit hush hush...so don't tell anyone but....

My daughter's boyfriend has officially asked for her hand in marriage! Although he hasn't officially asked her yet, they plan to go ring shopping this weekend.

They had a small stress spat the next day (their first) but things seemed back to normal yesterday although I went to bed at 6:00 and haven't seen them since.

And I've never seen my daughter so calm....the med change back in late Nov/Dec has made a huge difference in her life and she's really doing well now.

If they choose to marry before Aug. it means that we won't have to go through with guardianship of her yet I really don't think it plays a part in their plans at all. These two are really in love, the happy kind that most people look for all their lives.

I viewed a house yesterday and although it's beautiful, it's much too large for possibly just my husband and myself.

I may be going to see two more today.

I'm hoping to change my bedsheets today, swiffer the floors a bit, pack up the puppy items for storage and get some rest. I woke up at 4:00 am this morning again so I can only guess at what kind of day I'll have.

So yes, everything happens for a reason...

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  14. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Nancy - I'm glad that your daughter is doing better and I hope all goes well with her and her fiancee. Is he an American or German? Good luck with the house hunting. I'm sure this must be pretty stressful for you right now.

I did too much with my hands yesterday and my right hand was really sore last night and now today. I put an ice pack on it last night and that felt good.

I'm only at work for a couple of hours this morning since it is break week and really quiet here. Once the mail comes and I get it sorted, my husband will pick me up.

Here's my to-do list for today:

-grocery shopping
    -send a birthday card and note to a friend (have already
    done that)
    -pick up prescriptions
    -have lunch out with my husband (have to include fun things
    on the list sometimes!)
    -I made today's dinner yesterday so all I have to do is
    heat it up
    -go to Lenten Stations of the Cross church service (if I
    feel up to it. I have a hard time doing things in the

As for the weekend, I need to do the usual laundry and maybe ironing. I really need to rest, especially on Sunday, as Monday will be an especially busy day.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

15. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Oh Nancy, what wonderful news! Love is a beautiful thing and your daughter (God bless her) deserves love and happiness in her life.

Today's To-Do List

The man we've hired to install the new kitchen floor is scheduled to come today to measure and set a date for the job to be done. I'm very excited about getting my new floor - I've been living for three years (since we bought the house) with a very sad bit of linoleum on the kitchen floor that - even when cleaned & polished - looks dirty, ripped & worn.

After he leaves, I need to do the following:

general pick-up and tidy
    elliptical machine
    schedule appointment
    transplant plant
    shower & shampoo
    find new recipe
    make grocery list

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  16. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

My main task for today is to shop for groceries, etc.

Beside the grocery store is a movie rental place so I'll take a peek in there to see if there's a good movie to be had for a nice stay-at-home evening with my sweetie.

I've been procrastinating on cleaning the fish's bowl so I must do that today.

First of all, there's the bed to make and a few things to pick up around the house. Then, I'll venture out for groceries. Sweetie is home today so he can help.

Tomorrow we're going, with another couple, to the butterfly emporium. A lovely, indoor green-space filled with hundreds of butterflies is the perfect place to be mid-winter.

Enjoy the weekend, all.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa