What's On Your To Do List? 3/05/07 thru 3/11/07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Mar 4, 2007.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Finding the perfect balance - between doing too much and doing too little - can be difficult, particularly for those of us who live with chronic illness.

By pacing our activities, listening to our body and resting when we need to, we can accomplish our daily goals and objectives without taxing ourselves further.

This thread gives us the opportunity to list and prioritize our daily goals.

All are welcome to participate.
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I am not feeling well today. I had a bad night. I think I am stressed out about today. Three things to do and not sure if I will have the energy to do all of them.

First of all, I have to work from 8:00 - 1:00. Monday is a little longer day for me. The rest of the week I only work until 12:30. At 3:00 my husband and I have to go to Court for my brother for his hearing to see if the Judge will decide if he needs a guardian or not. Since I'm no longer his guardian, I will not have to participate in the hearing, but do want to go to see how it goes. I'm so glad my husband is still on lay-off and can go with me and can be the driver.

At 6:00 tonight is my art class. Everything I need to do is in one town and I live in another. So it's going to be hard to have much time at home for resting. So I guess just worrying about it I got myself in a flare. (even though I gave myself a pep talk about it yesterday!)

I did e-mail my art teacher and told her I am having a FMS flare-up and may not make it tonight. I hate to miss it, but I know I need to rest, too. She also has FMS so she will understand what I mean by a flare-up.

3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I hope you're feeling a bit better soon. I know what you mean about having so much to do in one day. I hope it goes well with your brother although I'm not sure which way I should wish for it to go....

I just didn't get much done today at all. My knees are aching, it's been raining on and off for over a week here. Hubby and I have both had migraines too.

I did shower, so that's a plus and I may even make a small meal for the two of us for dinner tonight.

My daughter is now officially engaged! The ring is beautiful and very much 'her' although he wants to provide a much larger center diamond. (He said it looks like a starter marriage diamond) We'll see if she holds her ground or compromises.

I do have an appt to see another house tomorrow. I'm hoping I don't have to spend weeks looking for something.

I hope all of you are doing well.

Nancy B

And Anne Theresa, you're doing a wonderful job keeping up with this thread, thanks!!
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

My sister's coming by for a visit this afternoon. It will be good to see her, as it's been a while. Before she arrives, I'd like to

make the bed - change sheets
    put the dishes away & clean kitchen cupboards
    empty the wastebaskets
    swiffer the floors
    make three phone calls re: appointments
    shower & shampoo

God bless
    Anne Theresa
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Nancy - Thanks so much for your kind words.

Nothing was decided in Court yesterday. It has been rescheduled for June 21st at which time the Judge will make a final decision. The Judge doesn't really think my brother is capable to living on his own, but at this hearing she decided that Jim's guardian should give Jim a few more privileges, such as a little spending money to use as he wishes.

Jim was very hyper and upset about the Judge not ruling in his favor and having to wait for a final decision in June. Most everyone doesn't think that he is capable of taking care of himself. My brother would get in trouble if left to his own devices.

I didn't sleep well last night either. I guess all of this has really thrown my system out of whack. I missed my art class last night-just too wiped out and went to bed early. But before I went to bed, my husband was in a bad mood and took it out on me. He couldn't understand why I wasn't able to go to my art class. Just when I think he kind of understands my FMS, he says and does something like this!

Okay, well on to my to-do list for today. Personally, I would love to sleep all day, but here I am at work instead. Sorry-I'm not in a very good mood. My husband did apologize this morning, but I'm just not ready to forgive him right now. He does this sometimes-lashes out at me and then I pay the price with more pain and fatigue.

-pool therapy class
    -empty wastebaskets
    -make dinner (maybe)
    -long, long nap

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm so sorry you had such a rough day! I feel for you and know how draining this can all be. Feel free to give hubby a beotch smack from me...(really just kidding!!)

For today, I'm waiting for hubby to get home so we can go see this house.

Made a huge dent in my dressing room by cleaning out my clothes. It seems like when you don't get dressed much, you really don't need so many clothes. I filled a massive bag this morning and still have one more dresser to go through.

Went through my china cabinet too and daughter's thrilled at the things I'm letting go of. (Me too, I won't have to carry them)

Not sure what's up with our weather here but between the migraines and my knees aching, it's been a rough week or so. But everything I get done now is still progress...

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I guess we all have our days, don't we? I'm sorry you are having problems with pain and migraines. I've never had a migraine, but I've worked with people before that had them and saw how bad they got.

Hope you are feeling better soon. Good luck with the house search.

P.S. Has anyone heard anything about Kim? How is she doing? I had thought her husband was going to let us know how the surgery went.
  8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I woke this morning with a bad flu and horrible pain. The first thing I did was cancel my usual Tuesday evening; a shopping trip & errands with my friend. As the day wears on, I feel somewhat better but not well enough to go out.

Some bad news about the new pain management doctor my family doctor referred me to. This pain management doctor does not prescribe medication, rather he does nerve blocks, which I know from past experience are not helpful for me. So, it's back to the notion of coming off the methadone. That's okay.

It's good to know my family doctor tried to find a methadone-prescribing doctor for me, even though it didn't pan out.

To-Do List

make bed

empty wastebaskets

wipe down washroom

sweep & spot clean kitchen floor

put on clean clothes & lipstick - try to look less sick than I feel, sometimes this gives me a lift

get under the blankets and watch TV

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Linda - So sorry you aren't feeling well today and your bad experience with the hygeniest. I know what you mean about rude people. It seems to be an epidemic with people treating their customers in a rude, unfriendly way-at least in the U.S. When I went to Austria years ago, I found the employees in stores and restaurants to be very friendly and offered good service.

Anne Theresa - I hope you are feeling better, too. This seems to be the week where everyone is not doing as well.

Nancy - How's the house hunting going? I hope you are having some success.

As for myself, I am feeling better. I slept better last night and my naps always help. I guess my husband felt really bad about lashing out at me on Monday. Not only did he apologize, but when I got home yesterday, he had done the dishes and laundry and had scrubbed the laundry tub. What a good hubby.

I felt bad about missing my art class on Monday, but today I got an e-mail from my teacher. She said another student was also sick on Monday and she was hoping both of us could come to class a half-hour early next Monday to catch up. I e-mailed her back and said that would work for me.

To-do list:

-clean bathroom sink and toilet (already did this)
    -ordered spring coat from a catalog (already did this)
    -get hair cut
    -vacuum part of house

I made today's dinner yesterday so all I need to do is heat it up and cook some brown rice. Well, take care everyone.

10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I feel much better today.

Most of my daily chores are finished so, after a rest, I'm going to venture downstairs (into the basement) to start cleaning. We did some cleaning down there a few weekends ago but it still needs some work. I'm going to put limits on my time & effort so I don't over-do, but I'd like to clean at least one of the three rooms today.

Before I begin, I'll start something in the crock pot.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I got quite a few things done just working for short times and resting in between.

I finished cleaning out clothes in my dressing room, did a load of laundry, showered, and started packing up my craft room.

The house we looked at was beautiful, one level (we have 6 levels now) and just a bit expensive so we're trying to crunch the numbers and see if we can afford it on our housing allowance. It's probably the easiest house in Germany for me to live in, but we'll have to wait and see.

Woke up this morning at 4:00 am with a headache hanging around so we'll have to see how much I'll accomplish today.

Need to do my laundry, hubby's if I can and clean out a few more areas around the house.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
    [This Message was Edited on 03/07/2007]
  12. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Nancy - good luck with the house buying. The house you live in now must be hard on you. I can't imagine living in a house with six levels!

I took such a long nap yesterday-two and a half hours! My husband took a nap at the same time and I woke up before he did. I slept good last night so I guess I just needed the extra rest. Now-wouldn't it be great to wake up feeling really refreshed and energetic?

I have about an hour left to work, then it's off to my swimming class. Here's the rest of my to-do list:

-call vet and schedule appt. for Chelsea, who is my oldest
    cat. (already did this)
    -tonight is clean out the fridge night of all leftovers.
    It will be a strange meal (chop suey, liver and onions,
    corn, etc.)
    -finish the grocery list
    -look at a bird book my husband got me from the library.
    We've had a couple of strange birds visiting our bird
    feeder that I'd like to identify
    -dust the master bedroom

13. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hi Renae.
    One way to get started (with posting and following up on a to-do list) would be to post one task per day. Nothing too difficult, just a small thing that you'd like to accomplish. Then, as you feel able, you can add to your list. The important thing to remember is to pace yourself by taking frequent rest breaks.

I've taught myself not to feel bad if I don't follow or finish my to-do list. Some days just getting through the day is an accomplishment.

I had a busy day today. I went for a manicure and did some shopping. I'm tired now so I'll only do a few things before I sit down with my books and television.

1) swipe washroom
    2) empty wastebaskets
    3) water plants

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  14. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hubby and I have decided to turn down the house we've been looking at although it's the perfect house for us, it's a bit expensive and would wipe us out trying to get the deposits and realtor fees. (Around 10,000EU)

So...I plan to make one phone call on another house I found online yesterday. I spent hours looking because although I needed a nap, I had too many things going around in my head to get to sleep.

I will try to get some laundry done today, that helps out our weekend so much.

I think I just want a day off from all the stress so tomorrow I can start fresh and get some things done around the house.

On the upside, my daughter's fiance has 'no problem' buying her a new laptop. (Her's is acting up) He's also going to pay to ship her storage from Tampa to Germany and he's hiring a moving company to move her furniture from our house to his.....we REALLY like this guy!!!!

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  15. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Linda - Happy 53rd birthday! I know-where do the years go? I just turned 48 at the end of January. Anyway-
    celebrate and enjoy!

Nancy - sorry you can't get the house you want, but if you are stressed about the price, it's probably not worth it.

Today is my usual Friday with my husband driving me into work. He has some errands to run and will pick me up after work.

Here's my to-do list for this afternoon:

-cash paycheck
    -get groceries (a smaller list this week-yay!)
    -have lunch out with my husband
    -attend lenten Stations-of-the-Cross church service

To-do list for the weekend:

-laundry (mainly sheets and towels)
    -dust bedroom
    -catch up on ironing
    -pay bills to mail out on Monday
    -do exercises both Saturday and Sunday (I'm behind since
    I wasn't feeling well earlier in the week)

We are getting together with some friends tomorrow night-should be fun-dinner and music. But I'll need to rest up as evenings are low energy time for me.

16. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Happy Birthday, Linda! I'm also a 'woman of a certain age' and I like this time of life, but for the struggle of fibromyalgia and other health issues. I met a woman (in the waiting room at the spa) who said 'these are supposed to be our golden years but I'd say they're more like our rusty years.' I had to laugh at that assessment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

I've been invited to a lecture of interest tonight but I can't tell at this point whether or not I'll feel well enough to go. At the moment, I'm in such pain that I can't imagine going out but sometimes, as the day wears on, the pain lifts enough for me to manage an outing. Recently, it seems early evening is the time of day I feel best so I may be okay to go. I hope so.

To-Do List

put away dishes/clean kitchen counter
    sweep/spot clean kitchen floor
    carpet sweep rugs
    clean fridge
    make grocery list
    shower & shampoo

God bless,

17. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Well, we're going to look at that house one more time and I have another appt to look at a nearby apartment this morning.

Hubby woke up at 3:30 with a migraine and took 2 Excedrins so he's wired, wide awake and looks like poo. I'm hoping he can help a bit although he should have taken PM's for the headache.

And no, the daughter's fiance doesn't have a brother, I'm just glad my daughter found him somehow and I hope he doesn't return her after this weekend. (that time of the month) We give NO REFUNDS!!! That's why I don't want them to live together before the wedding, I'm afraid he'll want to return her....

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  18. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Nancy, I wish you the best with your house-hunting. Moving can be stressful but there is some joy to be found, particularly as it relates to change and the opportunity for new beginnings.

On another topic, I invested in a Mr. Clean contraption for cleaning tub & tiles. It's a wonderful thing! I'm finally able to keep my bath area clean without it causing me undue stress & strain.

phone my children - they've been on my mind lately (as always, but moreso than usual)

wet/swiffer floors

clean glass & mirrors

dust living-room

find a new & exciting recipe and add any special ingredients to my grocery list (which is a work in progress)

clean fridge (carried over from yesterday)

few minutes on the elliptical machine

look through cinema listings and decide on what movie to see tomorrow

Enjoy the weekend!

Anne Theresa