What's On Your To Do List? 4/02/07 thru 4/08/07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Apr 2, 2007.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Living with fibromyalgia and finding the balance between doing too much and doing too little has been an ongoing challenge for me.

Making a daily to-do list, along with the intent to pace myself and take frequent rest breaks helps me have a productive day without causing extra pain, & discomfort.

All are welcome to use this thread to develop and share daily goals.

What is On Your To-Do List?
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

We had a nice weekend. I managed to get quite a few things done around the house and also had some relaxation time. We had some warm weather.

I am going to reward myself this afternoon. I will be leaving work in a few minutes. Then I am going to the theatre to watch a scary movie I've been wanting to see. The movie starts 20 minutes after I leave work-just enough time for me to get there and get settled in my seat.

I made lots of fried chicken for dinner yesterday so we are having the rest of it tonight.

I should do some walking on my treadmill this evening. That's it for me!

3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes!

Unfortunately, I had to cancel Saturday's celebratory dinner out because I was down with side-effects from a new medication. I felt better yesterday and so we went to the movies (Meet the Robinson's - a delightful animation).

Easter weekend will be our big weekend away (we have a luxury hotel room booked and theatre tickets) to celebrate our birthday's (my sweetie has a spring birthday as well)so I hope to feel well for that.

Monday To-Do List

WASH FLOORS (I have a swiffer floor washer so I no longer have to muck about with a bucket/mop/scrub brush - it's nice, much easier.)

MAKE DINNER (a new recipe)

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I had a really good day yesterday. I managed to pack a few boxes, daughter came by for a few hours because the fiance really hurt his back and he was going to the doc.

I took her to base to get her meds and pick up a few food items. (Any day that I can throw on clothes and go somewhere is a REALLY good day for me)

I even managed to make dinner last night and shower and shampoo too.

So for today it's more packing, more organizing and more packing.

Happy Birthday Anne Theresa...

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Happy birthday, Anne Theresa! I hope your birthday weekend goes well for the two of you! (the birthday cake icon is in honor of you!)

Nancy - Sounds like your packing is coming along. I will be so happy for you when your moving is over!

The movie I saw yesterday afternoon at the theatre was really scary! I knew the theatre wouldn't be crowded at that time, but can you believe I was the only one in the theatre? I felt like I was having my own private showing!

My husband is working today. He isn't officially back to work yet, but the past couple of weeks he's worked two or three days. They have him bank his hours so it doesn't affect his unemployment.

Okay, on to my to-do list:

-vacuum carpeted areas upstairs
    -dust familyroom
    -empty wastebaskets (done)
    -do grocery shopping list (doing shopping earlier this
    week with it being Easter week)

6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I'm forty-nine today and I still feel like a kid, but for the physical aspect. Life is good!

I finished putting out my warm weather clothes and packed away my winter wear. Unfortunately, I've gained 5-10 pounds over the winter so some of the clothes no longer fit or look nice on me. So, today I'm going to sort through my clothes to see what's wearable and what's good for Goodwill.

swiffer/dust floors
    general pick-up and tidy
    shower & shampoo
    dress, make-up, hair
    shopping/errands with a friend

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

What crazy weather we are having here in Michigan. We just had two nice days of weather in the low 70's and this morning we are having a mixture of rain and snow. My husband went to work today, but with the weather, I bet he'll be home early today.

This morning I got quite a bit done before leaving the house. I try to do a few things before work. Here's what's left on my list for today:

-buy bread at wholesale place
    -stop at drugstore and pick up prescriptions
    -grocery shopping
    -dust and vacuum kitchen and bathroom
    -wash pillows and pillow shams in master bedroom
    -macaroni and cheese for dinner

8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

To-Do List

empty wastebaskets

water plants

clean & put new lining in the cupboard beneath the kitchen sink

swiffer & carpet sweep floors

possibly go out - There is a poetry & jazz event that I'd like to go to this evening (my sweetie is working the event, he's a bookseller) so I'm going to try to save energy for this. I'll only go if I feel up to it.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Linda: We are definitely having strange weather here. It's back to winter again for us. I woke up this morning to a dusting of snow and a cold wind-yuck! Sorry you aren't doing well. My doctor has me on anti-nausea medication and it is definitely helping. Yes, I know, it does sound funny and crazy watching a scary movie alone in a theatre!

I have Good Friday off so I won't be back on here until Monday. So here's my to-do list for the next several days:

-finish dusting
    -go to pool therapy class
    -attempt to fix a broken picture frame
    -take a long nap (we are going to a Beatles impersonators
    show tonight so I need to rest up. They are performing
    at a theatre close to our house. We are meeting some
    friends there).

-man coming to give estimate on power washing our house
    -go to Sherwin Williams to look at kitchen wallpaper
    -go to Good Friday services at 1:00
    -wash bedding and towels - put new mattress pad on bed

-man coming at 9:00 to give estimate on small project in
    kitchen (I'm sure the price won't be small, though!)
    -make sweet potato casserole to take to Easter dinner

-Easter church services
    -going to my in-laws for Easter dinner

Have a good Easter, everyone. See you on Monday!

10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I made it to the poetry/jazz festival last night, though I'm paying for it today. Part two is this evening (my fave poet is reading). I'd like to go but have my doubts that I'll make it - I'll decide later, depending on how I feel (isn't that the way with fibromyalgia? never knowing what you can manage until you get there).

It's winter here too (of course it is, I just packed away my winter clothes) and I'm heading to the spa for a pedicure. (When I booked the appointment last week, I had visions of sandal weather, boy was I wrong.)

Carried over from yesterday's to-do list is the cleaning and lining of my under-the-sink cupboard. I bought some pretty lining paper from the dollar store and I'd love to have this chronically-messy spot cleaned up for once and for all.

Beyond that, I have my daily chores to do (put away dishes, clean kitchen counters, swipe the washroom, swiffer the floors, empty wastebaskets)and I'd like to finish reading the novel I've been reading bit by bit as my focus allows.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  11. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I didn't attend church today (mass and/or services are in the morning and my meds keep me unconscious until noon) but I'll take some time this afternoon to acknowledge Good Friday, through a quiet time of prayer and meditation.

I won't do any housework today but for the daily things that keep the homestead running smoothly.

Dinner will be easy. I made a big batch of fettuccine last weekend, enough to eat our fill and freeze enough for two more dinners. So, that's what I'll do for dinner today, thaw and serve with salad. easy peezy.

What I need to do today is shower & shampoo and pack for our weekend vacation. I'm looking forward to our time in a lovely hotel (room service, in-house movies and best of all - the whirlpool) and going to the theatre. We'll also go to the art museum if I feel up to it and dine in some wonderful restaurants. We take these little get-aways four times per year, rather than taking a longer, annual trip (which would be too much for me). I just adore getting away with my sweetie.

God bless each of you during this blessed time.

Happy Easter!
    Anne Theresa
  12. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Happy Easter to all.

Today, I will go to the gym...kinda a gym. It's called Ladie's Workout Express. Just joined yesterday, and I'm not sore today. I am taking it very slowly so I can build up some strength and not go into a flare. I know how fast that can happen .

Iron a shirt for hubbie...get a veggie tray from Costco.

Not much more.

It was good to hear from Kim this week. Keep her in your prayers. Thanks, Anne Theresa for keeping this thread going. I'm a drop in, but always check this thread to see how everyone is.

Blessed Easter to each.