What's On Your To Do List? 4/09/07 thru 4/15/07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Apr 8, 2007.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I hope everyone had a happy and blessed Easter!

For those of us with FMS and/or CFS/ME, it's important to work smart & avoid overdoing it, in order to prevent a flare.

This week - as we make our way through our to-do lists - let's remember to pace ourselves and take rest-breaks, as needed.

Equally important is to schedule some 'me-time' to do something that brings enjoyment.

What's on Your To Do List?
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Here it is Monday already. Where did the weekend go? We spent Easter at my in-laws. Harry's two sisters and nephews were there. His family is pretty small. We played Uno again-something we often do when we get together. We always have a lot of fun playing cards.

I had wanted to visit a girlfriend on Saturday, but FMS dictated that I stay home that day. But I watched a couple of good Lifetime movies and the relaxation time was good. My husband was gone all day so I had the house to myself.

Linda - The Beatles impersonator group, Yesterday, was really good on Thursday night. They sounded just like the Beatles and looked similar to them. So that was fun. My husband was tired, though, as he had worked a long day and had to get up early on Friday. But he enjoyed it, too.

Anyway, here's my to-do list for today:

-stop at bread wholesale place
    -stop at drugstore
    -see my girlfriend I was going to see on Saturday. I've
    been doing some cleaning out and have some things to give
    to her.

Take care, everyone.

3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm knee deep in packing and nothing really changes with each day, even Easter.

Since it was hubby's first weekend home from his trip I worked him hard, but we got so much done!! The downstairs floor is now clear of our donated items and it took a monster truck (borrowed) to do the job.

Then we cleaned out the garage of old mattresses and things and filled the truck once more with 'trash' basically.

I didn't get much done today, a few boxes and some organization...just too tired today.

Daughter's stuff is still upstairs. One of the guys who was going to help had to go home on emergency leave and now her fiance is in the states for this week. He may be tired next weekend, but I hope they get this done. It stresses me to have it unfinished....(and they could have been taking more boxes with each trip)

I'm out of boxes which is slowing me down so maybe the box fairy will come and visit me soon!

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Our weekend away was simply wonderful! The hotel was luxurious, the food was delicious and the musical (We Will Rock You by Queen) was a great deal of fun - I'd highly recommend it.

To-Do List

clean kitchen counters & stove-top
    wash cat food dishes etc.
    carpet sweep hallway
    swiffer hardwood & tile
    shower & shampoo
    read & rest (take a little nap)
    complete grocery list
    get out for groceries this evening, if I feel up to it.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I keep working my butt off, but nothing is done!

I've been from the top of my house all the way to the bottom more times than I can count today and still have more to do.

I think it's time to be greatful for the extra energy I've had today.

Nancy B
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Nancy: I will be so glad for you when your packing and moving is done! One thing about moving-it's a good time to get rid of stuff you no longer use.

Anne Theresa: I'm so glad your weekend trip went so well for you. My husband and I have done this, but it's been awhile. It sounds so nice, especially the part about the hot tub!

It was really foggy driving in to work this morning. All the trees and evergreens were white, which looked pretty. I listened to the weather forecast. Looks like another week of this cold, nasty weather.

I managed to get a few things done this morning. Here's my list for today:

-wash yesterday's dishes (done)
    -empty wastebaskets (done)
    -mend two things (done)
    -make a phone call
    -vacuum carpeted areas upstairs
    -spring clean one corner of our middle bedroom

Hope everyone has a good day.

7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I accomplished everything on yesterday's to-do list except for shower/shampoo. I'll do that today, as well as:

- clean kitchen
    - dust living-room furniture
    - clean & organize front closet
    - clean silverware drawer
    - water plants
    - read & rest
    - dress in street clothes, make-up, hair
    - shopping/errands with friend

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Take a shower

Go to exercise place

Take husband some lunch

Paint the rest of the sidewalk...(in our backyard.)

Feeling pretty rotten, but don't really think things will ever get better. Not a great attitude, but it's all mine right now! (-:

Good day to each of you.

9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I hope I'm not boring everyone with the daily, pack.. pack, organize and pack some more posts...

Had trouble falling asleep last night, took my trazadone, some Nyquil and a PM and I still didn't fall asleep until after 11:30 so hopefully today....

I'll pack some more and if I have the energy I might mow the lawn. Most of it isn't too tall but there's one part that's over a foot tall. I'll be really happy not to have to mow this hill anymore!!

I'll try to gather all my gardening stuff and hopefully once I get this part done, I can sit back and relax and enjoy all the 4 years of hard work I've done to make my garden so pretty...before I leave it.

I'm still trying to decide if I should dig up my lilacs that I'm so fond of and transfer them to the new house. By law in Germany what you've put into the ground, you can take out too but....still not sure.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I think I will take the lilacs if there's any way I can do it, I'll just wait until we're ready to go and dig 'em out, put them in a temp pot and take them with me.

One I bought when I first got here, before I even got a house because it's called a 'Nancy', how cool is that? (It's a town in France)

I think I might get lucky and get to see them bloom before we go this year. I did manage to mow this morning and there's buds all over them...not many leaves, but buds galore.

I've just finished packing some more boxes so I think I'll take a magazine outside, enjoy my hard work and get some good ole vitamin D.

Nancy B
  11. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Thanks for answering my post about husbands with ADD. If you have time, I responded to you and the others who wrote to me. We both have relatives with mental illness and ADD. I would definitely take the lilacs, too, if you can manage it. I know what you mean about leaving a garden you put your heart and soul into. I had such a beautiful garden at my old house, but I did dig up some of the perennials and now they have become established at my current house. You must be having nicer weather in Germany? It's a return to winter here in Michigan. Snow flurries and cold temps.

Okay - on to my list:

-make a phone call
    -get groceries (husband is helping)
    -lunch with husband (he's not working today due to weather)
    -spring clean more of our middle bedroom

12. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

For the repeat of my message. The computer at work is doing strange things this morning.

13. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm off to a doctor's appointment in a few minutes. When I get back home these are the things I'd like to do:

make 2 phone calls
    respond to e-mail
    clean front closet (carried over from yesterday's list)
    put dishes away & clean kitchen counters
    carpet sweep hall rug
    fold & put away laundry

I may come home from the doctor's appointment too exhausted to do anything (it's happened before). If that's the case so be it.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

14. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I'm not feeling especially ambitious today. My monthly event started a week early (I think I'm in perimenopause so my events are not always on schedule) and feeling achy with the FMS. With the endometriosis I used to get so sick every month. I am so thankful I don't get so sick anymore. This cold, damp weather isn't helping either. But I'm here at work. So far my morning has been pretty quiet, which is good. Okay, enough complaining.

My husband called me. With the weather, he isn't working today. Thank goodness we have the unemployment. He hasn't officially been called back to work yet.

Not sure how much I'll get done, but here's my list:

-stop at drugstore
    -return wallpaper book and order new kitchen wallpaper
    -make a phone call
    -vacuum kitchen and laundry room
    -chili for dinner

Take care, everyone. Hope the weather is better where you are at.

15. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

The house is relatively tidy, which is good because I need a break from housework.

pick-up & tidy the house, for ten minutes only

shower & shampoo

make one phone call

on-line banking

dress in street clothes, hair, make-up

go out for manicure

go to bank, then stop by sweetie's workplace to pass on some money

depending on how I feel, I'll either come home to rest or accompany sweetie to the lumber/hardware store (to purchase baseboards etc. to offset the new kitchen floor).

Before I do any of this, I'm going to take a nap. I was up earlier than usual this morning - after a night of not sleeping well - now I'm very tired.

Have a good day, all.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  16. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I don't really know what I'll do. There is so much and I just have no drive or desire to do anything.

Have to make dinner of some sort tonight...

Don't know.

At least getting out of the house should help a bit.

Hope you all are up and at it and feeling good.

17. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi,Sue: I just wanted to welcome you here. When I saw you on here the other day, I meant to say something.

We are going to have some sun today and I think a little warmer temperatures, which will be a welcome change.

I didn't feel too ambitious yesterday so I have a couple things from yesterday that will be on today's list:

-go to wallpaper store and order kitchen wallpaper
    -wash comforter at the laundromat (too big for my
    -get gas for the car (the gas prices here have really
    gone up again!)
    -make chili for dinner

Here's my list for the weekend:

-wash bedding
    -pick up pinecones in the yard (we have 15 large ever-
    greens in our yard and the wind keeps bringing hun-
    dreds of them down!)
    -start spring cleaning our smallest bedroom (we made it
    into an office)
    -goof off the rest of the weekend

Have a good weekend, everyone! See you all on Monday!

P.S. Only 22 more days to work before I'm off for the
  18. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm simply exhausted so I'm not going to make a to-do list today. I have a hairdresser's appointment in an hour (getting my highlight's touched-up), then after that I'm going to come home and rest for the rest of the day.

God bless,
  19. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Very little, I might add. I have been tackling a project, breaking it up in small pieces...and this is the last piece. Kind of like what we do on this thread. Make things managable.

Then...I don't know. May clean out my sock drawer. What a mess. (-:

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Those of you in the east...STAY INSIDE! Looks like a doozy coming at you. We here on the northern coast of California get rain tomorrow. )-: However, it's better than a blizzard.

Take care, each one.

Anne Theresa...take care of yourself. Good move just resting today.

Ellen...Yeah! Another year is almost over. Hope you are planning a good summer.

20. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Thursday I got so much done I had to take a day of rest yesterday but I did manage to go to the store and buy a hand cart to help us move boxes, bought window screens for the new house and even stopped on base to pick up our CoQ10.

Today hubby has a friend coming over and I may have them rearrange the downstairs since daughter isn't coming to get her stuff yet. I need her upstairs floor emptied out so it can be cleaned and spiffed up.

I'm trying to finish rooms now but with all of the boxes there's just no room.

So for today, mostly organization. We pick up our keys at 2:00 today, yeah!!!

Mostly, I think hubby and I need to go out for a snack and coffee and just relax for a bit and a good meal.

Nancy B