What's On Your To Do List? 4/16/07 thru 4/22/07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Apr 15, 2007.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

The following excerpt is from Women's Health Matters,
    the New Women's College Hospital

"Pacing is a very important concept in managing fibromyalgia, as it helps to decrease stress, which can reduce the severity of symptoms. Pacing your activities involves living “one day at a time,” keeping modest goals, being flexible and working within your capacity. For example, if you identify that late morning is usually a higher energy time of day, then plan a “higher energy” activity at that time.

You will be able to identify how much time you can spend at a “higher energy” activity without incurring fatigue or pain, as you become more aware of your body’s response to different activities. Learn to think of your symptoms as messengers – letting you know that it is time to slow down or stop and rest.

The other aspect of pacing is allowing for a period of rest and relaxation between the activities that use energy. It’s helpful to think of rest and relaxation as “energy conserving” activities, rather than just a break or pause between other things that you need to do.”

All are welcome to use this thread to develop and share daily goals.

[This Message was Edited on 04/15/2007]
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

For the first time in weeks I can honestly start out this post with the fact that I'm NOT packing boxes today. I only have about 3 left and that will only take a few minutes to fill them.

I'm going to work on tidying the house a bit today. My floors feel awful, I haven't stopped to clean a bathroom in weeks and I want to do more organization today.

I felt awful yesterday, spent some time in bed but took one trip to the house to show my daughter and her fiance. They loved the place and now I'm looking forward to getting things done so we can sit outside and look out over all of downtown Stuttgart.

Almost forgot...my daughter has a doc's appt this morning so I'll meet her on base so I can bring her home with me.

It's also Monday, the day I call my friend in Florida to sit and chat so that'll take up my afternoon.

If I find any spare time, I want to cook so I can freeze some meals for when we move and my kitchen isn't installed yet.

Hugs all,

Nancy B

And Anne Theresa, you're doing a wonderful job with this thread, thanks!!
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Thanks, Nancy. It's my pleasure to keep this thread going during Kim's absence. It sounds like you're getting a LOT of work done - good for you. Moving - as stressful as it is - can be lots of fun.

I have a big list today (my house is a mess, after a weekend of reading & resting), no doubt some of it will be carried over to tomorrow.

To Do List

make 3 phone calls
    clean washroom, including floor
    carpet sweep rugs
    dust/polish living-room furniture
    water plants
    clean bedside (3-drawer) table
    swiffer/mop floors
    empty wastebaskets/garbage
    put dishes away, clean kitchen counter tops, stove-top etc.
    clean top of fridge, organize contents
    clean cat's area
    update medication list
    clean/prepare guest room for son's visit
    make crock-pot cauliflower/veg soup
    make salad

God bless,
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

If you wnat to read it, there is a note from Kim on the thread...KSP56..Cardiologist...or something like that. She will be having the stress test tomorrow. It was nice to hear from her, and I really appreciate you keeping this thread going, Anne Theresa.

Going to exercise.

Don't know.

Very achy today and all last week. Very tired of this whole thing, truthfully. At least the sun is out. My regards to all on the east coast...what a terrible spring event. Can you imagine people running in the Boston Marathon today? Wind and 5" of rain in the forcast?

5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

What a weekend I had! Not good! I didn't do much all weekend as I had a major flare-up. I have never had pain in my ribs before, but now I understand why people here complain about it so much. Even my lungs hurt, making it hard to breathe. When I went to bed last night, everything ached. It's afternoon and I'm here at work today (doing better), but I came in really late and will work as long as I can. I love how this job is somewhat flexible and most of the professors I work for are really understanding. I can't stay on here long as I have things to catch up on here at work. The last week of classes is always a busy one.

Sue - Thanks for keeping us updated on Kim. I hope her tests go okay. When I get a chance, I'll read the post about her.

I won't have much of a to-do list for today but here goes:

-pick up prescriptions
    -finish paying bills to mail out tomorrow
    -rest this evening and maybe read
    -go to bed early!

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Back to packing more boxes today...

Yesterday I took my daughter to the doc (yeah) did some things on base, came home and watched a movie with her, cleaned my bathroom and managed to make dinner for all of us too.

Today I'll keep packing a few more boxes, do some more organization and hopefully vacuum some really dirty spots in my house. (Things are so dusty after you start moving furniture)

I would love to clean my windows today too.

Need to write my son an e-mail to thank him for encouraging me to talk to my daughter about her weight which led to her going to the doc and finding out that she's hypothyroid too.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Linda - sorry you were not doing well over the weekend, either. I've never had this rib pain and I hope it's a long time before I have it again. Hope you're doing better. Good luck with your mom's procedure.

I am doing better today. I went to bed a little earlier and slept much better. I'm still feeling wiped out from the flare-up, and would have loved to have stayed home today just to relax. But such is the life of a working girl. Actually, I feel fortunate that I am able to work a part-time job and that I like what I do. (Although I am looking forward to my summer off!)

Okay, here's my to-do list for today:

-empty wastebaskets (done)
    -call bank and order more checks (done)
    -finish grocery list
    -pool therapy class
    -do one load of laundry

8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Reviewing yesterday's to-do list, I'm happy to see I finished more than half the chores, even though I felt poorly and more-so as the day wore on.

Today, I'll plug away on the list below (carried over from yesterday) and see how much I can accomplish. I'll likely stop short so as to conserve energy for shopping later in the day. After four days spent indoors, getting out of the house is today's priority.

make 3 phone calls
    dust/polish living-room furniture
    clean bedside (3-drawer) table
    put dishes away, wash counter tops etc.
    clean top of fridge
    finish cleaning guest room for son's visit
    make salad for dinner
    change clothes, do make-up & hair
    shopping & errands with a friend

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Already it's mid-week. I had another night of sleeping well. I am so thankful that my flares usually don't last too long. It was so nice yesterday afternoon that I took the kitties outside and picked up pinecones in the backyard instead of doing laundry. We have 15 large evergreens in our yard. While I love them, they are constant maintenance.

My husband did some laundry when he got home, which I really appreciated. So here's my to-do list for this afternoon:

-fold clothes
    -grocery shopping
    -fried chicken for dinner

That's it for me.

10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Where did my week go???

I haven't gotten anything accomplished today, the weather's much cooler and I just don't feel as well.

Just looking around the house now and knowing that everything has to be in boxes is just wearing me out.

Hubby's trip to Garmisch was cancelled (yeah) so he's going to be home from tomorrow afternoon until May 1st. That should help a bunch.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  11. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Linda: I would be happy to send you several hundred pine cones! We have three different kinds! I think all of us here have had the experience of waiting for a l-o-n-g time in the waiting room at the doctors. I used to go to a doctor where it wasn't unusual to wait two hours. That's ridiculous for a doctor to double or triple book. Our time is just as valuable as theirs. And for those of us with chronic illnesses, it is physically very difficult to wait this long.

Nancy: That's good that your husband will be around to help with the final moving. I will be so glad for you when this is over.

To-do list:

-dust (from yesterday's list)

12. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

After several (very) bad days, I feel okay today. It's a beautiful spring day and I'm scheduled for a massage therapy session this afternoon. Those two things can only lift me up.

My eldest son is coming for a visit tomorrow so today - after my massage therapy session - I want to do some meal planning as well as a tad of housework (not too much housework, the last thing I want is to fall back into a flare). Mostly, I need to clean the washroom, empty the wastebaskets, put out some fresh candles, organize the fridge and swiffer the floors.

A friend gave me a big bag full of science fiction novels, my favourite means of escape. My sweetie is working late this evening so I'll have several hours to myself to rest and read before he gets home. Such fun!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  13. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Anne Theresa: I'm glad you are doing better, especially with your son visiting today. Try to take it easy. I, too, love to read, but I like mysteries. I wish I had more time to read. I do get magazines in the mail and plan to borrow some library books this summer when I'm not working.

It's a beautiful, sunny day-at last! It is supposed to be really warm and sunny this weekend and all of next week, too. After two weeks of cold, damp weather, this is a welcome change.

Here is my to-do list for today and the weekend:

Friday -

-cash paycheck
    -finish spring cleaning our smallest bedroom, which we
    use as an office. It's a pretty small room with not
    a lot in it, so it shouldn't take too long
    -wash bedding

Saturday and Sunday -

-vacuum car
    -pick up pinecones in the front yard (I'll see if I can
    get my husband to help-there are hundreds of them!)
    -remove and burn leaves that have gathered around our
    bushes and in our window wells
    -call my brother
    -pay a couple of bills

Have a good weekend, everyone!

14. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Took my daughter to the doc again today and he's changed her psychiatric meds again, to Ativan and Prozac. I hope this combo works for her, she's feeling really low again and you just can't separate it from Hypothyroid with her past issues.

We had lunch out, did some shopping, had to take paperwork for movers up to hubby on base, and picked up a few things at the grocery store.

Hubby brought home a rented van to start moving some more things tomorrow although the movers will be here on the 26th.

I too hope this will be over soon, can't wait. I'm not used to doing so much work every single day and could use a few relaxing days....something to look forward to.

Nancy B
  15. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Prozac and Ativan helped me a lot for a long time, so hopefully it will be a good combination for your daughter. What a trial for her.

Exercised...hurt. OK

Need to find a graduation gift for DIL who is graduating from law school in a few weeks. Don't know what to get her. Money is always nice, but I would like to get something meaningful that will help her remember the day.

Anyway, will fix dinner for DH.

That's about it.

Take care, all.

16. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Thanks for the encouragement...I'm hoping this combo works for her too but concerned that most of her problems are from being hypothyroid. And I always worry with med changes because she's very sensitive to them.

Yesterday we moved her stuff out to her fiance's house. One van load managed all of her furniture and boxes, yeah!!

Today we're going to move more of our small things to our new house since hubby still has his van. Although the movers are coming this week, I want small stuff taken over there so it's going to be easier to put things away.

I'm going to work the guys who are helping to make things easier on me around here. (Can't wait!!!)

And hubby's off this next week to help me with the rest of everything.

Hugs all,

Nancy B