What's On Your To Do List? 4/23/07 thru 4/22/07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Apr 22, 2007.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

"There is immense satisfaction at being able to tick off a successfully achieved task, no matter how simple. Being overambitious only leads to disappointment and frustration. If things are going well, don’t be tempted to do more than you planned, particularly on a good day. Likewise, don’t be too disappointed if you are faced with a setback. Aim for consistency.

However, it helps not to be too rigid: life always throws up unexpected situations and flexibility can help you surmount them without your schedule disintegrating before your eyes."

Source: Pacing for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Patients: Taking One Step at a Time, written by Virginia Haydon.
    The article is available in the Immune Support library.

All immune support members are invited to use this thread to develop and share daily goals.

2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Since I'm already ahead of you all I can tell you what I've already done today.

Hubby and I took some more things over to the new house this morning and I've organized the boxes that were taken over this weekend. Put things where they belong and cleared the way for when the furniture moves on Thursday.

We put my daughter's bed together but realized I didn't have sheets over there, now I just need to find them too.

We came home and cleaned up some upstairs to help clear that area entirely. Still have a few more items then it will be finished.

I made nacho stuff for dinner tonight this morning while I still had some energy.

Done some work on our balcony to finish up out there. Cleaned the small grill to take to the thrift store.

I'm on my way to the shower, then dinner, then BED!!!

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Nancy: Sounds like you are nearing the end now. I'm thinking you said you have to be moved by May 1st?

We had a nice weekend. The weather was wonderful-sunny and warm. My husband and I got out in the yard. Some of my tulips are in bloom now.

The contractor sent us his estimate for the work we want done in our kitchen. We talked about it and decided to go ahead with the work. I am waiting for the contractor to call us back with a date to start the work. I also have a couple of questions for him.

I am on a different schedule today. This morning I had to drive to Ann Arbor for an appt. with my FMS doctor. I was seeing him every other month, but he said that he can no longer give me two prescriptions at a time. I now have to go every month. My doctor is hopeful this policy on narcotics will change. So I had to drive up there this morning just to get a prescription for my morphine.

Then it was off to work. It's pretty quiet here today since this is finals week. I will work a little longer this afternoon-depends on how my energy level goes. It's great that the professors are so laid-back here and don't worry about my hours. I guess they know I have always been conscientious.

To-do list:

-put away clean clothes (done)
    -drop off dry cleaning
    -get gas for car
    -pick up three prescriptions
    -call dermatologist (it's time for my yearly check-up. I
    had skin cancer several years ago)
    -do exercise routine

Take care, everyone.

4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Linda - I get achy, too, on the rainy days. Hope you're feeling better. We were supposed to get rain yesterday, but didn't. We could use it. I haven't seen "Disturbia" yet, but plan to. I also want to see "Vacancy" this week. Looks like a really scary one. I thought about you over the weekend when I was gathering pinecones! As for the kitchen renovation, I am going to wallpaper and paint the ceiling (yes, I know I will pay for this pain-wise). We have a stairwell that we are going to have some storage closets put in. It's hard to describe, but half will be accessible from the kitchen and the other half the garage. I could really use the extra storage space. I will have shelves that roll out. I am tired of running to the basement to get kitchen stuff. My husband will use his side to store garage stuff in. We are also doing some extra storage over our refrigerator.

To-do list:

-empty wastebaskets
    -vacuum carpeted areas upstairs
    -pool therapy class
    -call a friend whose been sick

5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

We are at the end of the moving part at least for this house. The movers come for the rest of our stuff on Thursday but there's always so many last-minute things to do.

Today I woke up ill and lost breakfast so I took an extra nap.

But I also managed to pack quite a few boxes, move things around, wrap, organize and even mow the lawn, hopefully for the last and final time.

So much to do, so little time. I can't wait until we're finally done...and in a house with only one floor!!!

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hi folks. My sweetie is home from work this week so he can write a business plan (we're in the long process of buying the bookstore where he works).

Because of the business plan, he's on the computer more often than not this week, so if you don't hear from me every day that's the reason - a scarcity of computer time for yours truly.

My cleaning routine is off-kilter, as it usually is when sweetie's home through the day. I'm just puttering around doing what needs to be done and I'm reading up a storm (I've read five books in five days. It's wonderful to have the focus and ability to read, as you know, with fibro-fog, the focus is not always present.)

The only thing on my agenda today is a trip to the dollar store with my friend this evening. As usual, our getting together, shopping and errand time is the highlight of my week.

Keep up the good work, all, and Nancy take extra good care of yourself as you get yourself moved.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Be patient with the thyroid meds, it can take awhile...my daughter's going through the same thing right now. But you will feel better...

We've been busy already today packing up more of the last minute stuff. Hubby's at the bank getting the money to pay the movers tomorrow.

I'm resting with some coffee right now, kind of fighting a migraine today.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

This is going to be a crazy day. Yesterday, the contractor called and said because of rain today and tomorrow he wants to work on our kitchen on these days. We hadn't really planned on him coming until next month. We do suspect that rain isn't the only reason-that business is probably slow right now. Michigan's economy is not good.

So we scrambled to clear out the kitchen and garage last night (half of the closet will be in the garage). The contractor came and we signed the contract and paid him half of his money and asked him some last-minute questions. Because of the rain, my husband is home today (thank goodness we get unemployment on these days) so he can hold down the fort while I'm at work. My poor kitties are going to be upset with strange men in the house making lots of noise, but it will help them having my husband home. My husband said he would sit down in the basement with them. But it will be nice to get this done, then I can work on the painting, staining and wallpapering once I'm off work for the summer.

Linda: I'm on thyroid meds, too, and I remember when they were trying to adjust my dosage. It does take awhile sometimes. Hope you're better soon.

Anne Theresa: Good luck with buying the book store. I know what you mean about housework when your husband is home. I don't get as much done either.

Nancy: I've been thinking of you. Hope your headache goes away soon. I'm sure it's stress related.

Okay, here's my to-do list for today:

-pick up dry cleaning (done)
    -get groceries(a small shopping this week, thank goodness)
    -pick up kitchen wallpaper
    -get home and see how my new storage areas in the kitchen
    are looking. (They are also building a storage area
    above our refrigerator for things I don't use a lot. I
    am so excited to finally be getting more storage space!)

9. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

We're gathering tax info today so we can get our tax return filed before the deadline (Apr. 30th in Canada). We're usually not so down-to-the-wire but with so much going on, time got away from us this year.

I need to clean the kitchen & bathroom and pick up the living room and bedroom/office, then I'm going grocery shopping with sweetie. Beyond that, I'll continue my reading marathon, while sweetie continues working on the business plan (it should be ready to edit - my job - over the weekend, then off it goes to the lawyer).

The only other thing I need to do today is make two week's worth of daily pill dispensers. It's a persnickety job but one that saves me the daily struggle of sorting out my many medications.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  10. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Yesterday, was busy at home with the construction of my new kitchen closet (or maybe I should be calling it a pantry?) and the storage area for the garage. They got quite a bit done, but what a mess they left. The contractor had conveniently "forgot" to bring his shop vac. So I did some vacuuming after they left, but didn't get too fussy since they will be there again today. The important thing is that they are doing a good job-it looks nice so far.

Today it will be really busy at my house. In addition to the contractor and his helper, we are also having our house power washed (in the rain!). I wouldn't have normally had everyone come on one day, but that's how it worked out. Oh, well!

Okay, enough about that. I'm feeling kind of achy today, and with the workers, I probably won't get much done at home.

To-do list:

-call a girlfriend whose been sick (didn't do that the
    other day, I'm ashamed to say!)
    -pool therapy class
    -fix dinner (after workers leave!)

11. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hope everyone here is doing okay. I was surprised to get on this post and see that my response from yesterday morning is the last message on here.

Anyway, things are looking up at my house. The workers are back today just to finish up some odds and ends. The messy work is over, thank goodness! I managed to do some clean-up yesterday while my husband did some clean-up and organizing in the garage.

Our house looks nice after the power washing. The outside of the windows still need to be washed (as I figured they would). We are supposed to have nice, warm weather over the weekend so maybe I can do some window washing.

To-do list for Friday:

-cash husband's check
    -fix dinner (for the first time in days!)
    -wash sheets and towels

Weekend to-do list:

-wash curtains and windows in two bedrooms
    -weed flower beds
    -finish cleaning up inside house from construction mess
    -start putting in things in my new pantry
    -go see the movie "Vacancy" (a scary one!)

Have a good weekend, everyone! Talk to you on Monday!

12. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I was set to go to the lab for my fasting blood-test this morning, but the lure of coffee was too great so I put the blood-tests off until Monday.

Today, I plan to swiffer/mop/carpet-sweep the floors, then take a shower & shampoo. I'd like to read and watch a movie and at some point, get out for my walk.

Our vacuum cleaner broke so I'll need get out to buy a new one either today or tomorrow (probably tomorrow).

I'm hoping for a nice, quiet day today. I was out and about yesterday (shopping and such) and so I need a low-key day today.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hi Ellen...Where is everyone....?

I've been down with a pulled back. Just reached to get something and POP! You know the story.

Going for a weekend in our RV...just have to get some clothes together and then a few things for the evening.

My activity has been severely limited since the back pull. Think it may be getting some better, though...hope so.

Have a great weekend, all.

Take care.

14. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I have a few things I'd like to accomplish over the weekend:

menu planning, make grocery list & go grocery shopping
    buy new vacuum cleaner / dispose of old one
    clean basement (with sweetie doing most of the heavy work)
    organize seasonal clothes / start box for Goodwill
    daily walks, spend time with pets, reading etc.

Have a good weekend, all!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa