What's On Your 'To Do' List? 5/21/07 thru 5/27/07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, May 21, 2007.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Well, it's Monday, but almost midnight. Sorry everyone! We were gone all day and put an offer on another lake cottage which is lakefront, and the nicest lake on the chain. We are on a wide and beautiful channel, with well kept and cute houses.

The house needs TONS of renovations, but will be worth it if all works out. The setting is gorgeous and it has been updated inside. Needs total face lift on the outside and in an attached area that we would like as a second family room, and another bath and laundry facilities if all works out.

So this has been my Monday!

I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend. No matter what you did!

It is so good to come back and see 'newbies'!!! This is a great thread and we are excited to have you!

I'll post again tomorrow. Hopefully sooner than I did today!

Happy Tuesday! LOL

2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hello All,

This morning I showered, got dressed, made the bed and rearranged some furniture in the living room. I just wasn't satisfied with how it looked. When you move in, you really just put the stuff somewhere and always need to go back for finishing touches.

So...I'm much more tired today, took a nap and have no plans to do much for the rest of the day. Not sure if I'll even cook tonight.

I'll find out more about my little problem on Thursday when I have another doc appt. I doubt if the bloodwork will show anything but I'm also hoping I don't need to go to a urologist (sp?) anytime soon.

At one point in my almost 3 year flare, I wished that I could just be well enough to shower, dress and make my bed each day so I guess by those standards I really am doing well right now.

Weather's changed so I guess that's why I'm overtired today.

Hugs all,

Nancy B[This Message was Edited on 05/22/2007]
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Still at the cottage. I need to dust and clean bathroom, and wipe down kitchen, windows, etc., before we leave.

I have an appointment tomorrow, weekly, to check my blood timing. I have to be on Coumundin (sp), until August. They can't get mine regulated so I can't start every other week appointments. Darn!

Tomorrow, I will have to go thru and clean our home. Our son promised to keep it picked up and cleaned.... uh huh!

It's so good to be here! In many ways!

Linda, there's many a day I would pick Arizona over the lake place. Indiana has changing weather fronts all of the time. Not good for my fibro!

Nancy, please do let us know what your tests say!

Ellen, happy anniversary! The years go by so quickly. Usually, LOL!

To all of you, it's good to see all of us 'old timers' and so very happy to see all of you new 'To Do' people.

Take care of yourselves today! Drink your water and rest whenever you need to, even if it's all day!

4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Well, I'm here at the library to check my e-mail and see what all of you are doing!

Anne Theresa: I'm glad you are okay. When we didn't hear from you in awhile, I was afraid your health had taken a nosedive and maybe you weren't up to being on here. Glad you're okay and your computer is working again.

Kim: My parents had a cottage while I was growing up. I have fond memories of swimming and boating. My dad and I were the real "water bugs". He taught me how to sail and we would have the best talks while sailing on the lake. I really miss my parents, but at least I have my memories.

The weather here has turned warm. It's in the low 80's today and is supposed to be near 90 tomorrow. My kitchen project has slowed down since I've been busy out in our yard getting flowers planted. My husband still needs to rotatill our vegetable garden. I would like to get that planted this weekend. He's been working some long hours now. Great for our checkbook, but I don't see him as much.

I picked up my brother yesterday and we went to see a friend of mine. I can't believe how much better my brother is. What a difference medication makes.

Sorry this is getting so long, but I'm only on here a couple of times a week now! Anyway, on to the to-do list:

-plant more flowers (some of this is done)
    -put another coat of varnish on pantry door
    -pick up cat food at the vet's (done)
    -do a load of laundry (done)
    -hamburgers for dinner (whenever husband gets home-will
    probably be a late dinner)

Wednesday and Thursday:

-dental appt. on Weds. for teeth cleaning
    -get groceries
    -paint ceiling in kitchen
    -get rest of flowers planted

I hope to be back here on Friday. It's great to see everyone back again!!

5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I've been feeling under-the-weather yesterday and today so my to-do list has shrunk, accordingly. Hopefully, I'll feel better tomorrow and be more able to get a few things done.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good morning all,

Anne Theresa, it is good to see you back on and I hope you feel better soon.

Ellen, you sound so productive lately. Congratulations on all you're accomplishing! I'm glad your visit with your brother went well, at our house we call it, 'better living through chemicals'.

Today I'd like to do some work in my sewing/guest room. It's the room we use less so all of our odds and ends have ended up there and it's time to go through and finish it up.

Our previous landlords are trying to ream us and want an additional EU 8,000 for 'damages'...which of course we didn't cause. Our housing office isn't helping, but suggested that we get a lawyer, duh!! (That's in addition to the Eu 4,200 we've paid for a deposit.)

So we have an appt today with our realtor that we used for this house today, he's going to go over the paperwork for us, translate and let us know where we're getting screwed (pardon me).

He'll also offer names of lawyers that he knows are fluent in both English and German. Hope this appt goes well.

Let's just hope the entire day goes well.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Good morning all!

Linda, you have gone through so much and now this! I will pray someone is able to help you out, and this money does matter is cleared up to your benefit.

Anne Theresa, please take care of yourself. It sounds as if you have very busy for awhile. Maybe your body needs to 'slow down' and restore itself.

Ellen! How wonderful it is to hear from you! Yes, the lake holds many memories for us too. We, and our kids, love being here. I am thankful for all of the memories that have been cherished.

Hopefully our offer will be accepted today. We agreed to the amount they countered us. Evidently, there have been many showings and another offer is due to come in this afternoon. Need for owner to sign the papers to make it official! House has been on the market about a week. I guess everyone else sees the potential of this 'fixer upper' too.

Very tired today. I was out in the sun for quite awhile and spent part of yesterday, picking up and dusting. I also think I took one of my night time meds, instead of my Wellbutrin, this morning. All of a sudden, I am very sleepy! I have no mind anymore! What was left, I think I left at the hospital! LOL

A good day to you all... Whatever it takes!

[This Message was Edited on 05/23/2007]
  8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I feel a bit healthier today but I have that ever-so-fragile feeling - I know you know - so I'm going to keep the to-do list small.

empty wastebaskets
    clean washroom
    water outdoor plants
    sit on porch to read
    make something easy (?) for dinner

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Well our realtor cleared up some confusion for us on the list of estimates for the 'damages' to our old house.

These wacko people are charging us for ripping out new carpet and replacing it when there was NO carpet in the house!! I'm telling you, they're nuts and this is just one example.

The EU 7,000 they're charging for painting is out of this world ridiculous. It should cost more like EU 800.

We went out to dinner last night to relax and try to have a nice time. It worked, I love our old favorite place. When my husband ordered a beer, the waitress was shocked. (never happens)

So we've been told to take the weekend off and stop thinking about it....so we will.

My daughter's coming by tody and I have my doc appt later so I don't have much planned besides that.

Looking forward to the 3 day weekend with my husband.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I have a manicure scheduled for this afternoon and while I'm out I plan go to the post office and then pick up a few things at the hardware store and grocery store.

I probably won't have much energy left after all that but if I do I'd like to:

swiffer & mop hardwood floors
    clean bedside table w/ 3 drawers
    clean walls in washroom - I'm going to use my Mr. Clean reacher-thingy, that should make it easy
    dust china/book cabinet

If I'm exhausted and in too much pain after my outing, I'll only do what I can (or nothing at all) and pick up the to-do list tomorrow.

I feel pretty good today and I hope it lasts.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

Looks like I got more done today than I thought..

..got most of the laundry done
    ..cleaned the bathroom..uggg!
    ..mopped the kitchen floor
    ..changed sheets on bed
    ..fixed dinner
    ..and started packing

We are leaving sometime next week for the vineyard-that's why I've started packing..gotta get the irrigation up and running for the vines, as the weather is turning hot already..the coyotes love chewing on the irrigation tubing, and when they do that, they split the lines so that vines farther down the row aren't able to get water..this is a constant problem! This is no easy job, especially when there are 40 acres we have to cover. I expect we will be gone the better part of ten days..it will take us several days to recover after we get home..boy! I'm looking forward to getting home already!! LOL

Tomorrow I'm going to try and work out in my garden..it really needs some TLC.

Hope you all have a wonderful 3 day weekend..take care and talk to you soon!

12. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Linda, the conversion of EU to dollars isn't in our favor. It's $1.30 to each Eu....ouch!

JB, sounds like a very busy time coming up for you...rest when you need to and take care.

Today I'm going to get a few loads of laundry done and water my plants. Probably cook dinner too, but I'll be taking it easy.

Yesterday I managed to vacuum the entire house (very large) go shopping at our PX, out to lunch, doc appt then even shopped for groceries after that. Since it was almost 90 degrees, it took a bit out of me.

My bloodwork was normal and fine. I've started taking the cranberry supplements that they sell here and it seems to be helping a bit. Whew!!!

Have a wonderful long weekend all...

Nancy B

13. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

I have to make potato salad and baked beans today, for tomorrows celebration here.

My hair needs to be washed and clean up the cottage.

It's raining, after all of those nice days. I'm praying tmw and the Indianapolis 500 Race on Sunday, will both get a break. It's been years since both days have had good weather.

Memorial Day is a good day to reflect on so many thoughts. I pray for all of our troops and my loved ones who have died.

Pace yourselves! I know I am! LOL

JB.. Welcome! I really enjoyed your posts! Glad you are here!

Hugs to all,

14. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Today is not one of my better days, but since it's been several days since I've been on here, I had to get to the library and check in with all of you!

I'm paying the price for painting the kitchen ceiling yesterday. It took me two hours and really looks nice. I have a tendency to push myself, which I know isn't good for FMS. It's just so hard to sit at home and look at things that need to be done. Believe it or not, this is slowing down for me. I have resigned myself to the fact that I need an afternoon nap every day and have been doing this since I cut my work hours in half a couple of years ago. Yesterday I took a two-hour nap.

Nancy: I'm so sorry for all the trouble your former landlords are giving you. They sound like my husband's old boss. Long story, but he's been giving us problems over the unemployment my husband got last winter. Anyway, hope this gets settled soon.

Kim and Anne Theresa: I hope both of you are doing better

My husband offered to pick up my brother sometime this weekend and have him spend one night with us. This will be the first time he has been with us in over a year. It's amazing what a different (and much better) person he is on the medication. I am crossing my fingers it continues!

Okay, on to my to-do list for today and the weekend:

-do three loads of laundry (halfway done with this)
    -get meat ready for freezer (done)
    -change beds and towels (done)
    -make sloppy joes for dinner (done)
    -cash husband's check
    -stop at the hardware store

Memorial Day Weekend:

-visit with in-laws
    -have brother over
    -put in vegetable garden (after husband rotatills)
    -water gardens (if we don't get rain today. Hope we do-
    it's getting really dry around here!)
    -spend time with husband (we still haven't gone out for
    dinner to celebrate our anniversary!)
    -read magazines and have goof-off time

Enjoy the long weekend, everyone! I'll probably be back here on Tuesday!

15. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I ran into a friend (that I haven't seen for five years or more) while I was doing my errands yesterday and so we went for a long and enjoyable coffee break. It was nice.

Then, by the time I got home, I was too tired to take-on my to-do list, although I did manage to swiffer/mop the hardwood.

To-Do Today

make up week's worth of pill dispensers
    dust cabinet and coffee tables
    clean bedside table
    make potato salad
    sit on porch to read, go for a walk - it's a nice, warm day

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

Again, thank you all so much for the warm welcome..I enjoy reading the posts on this thread so much..

Nancy, why are you taking the cranberry supplements? I love cranberry "anything"!

I was going to work out in my gardent today, but woke up this morning feeling pretty tired..I may have to put off the work until tomorrow.

Wishing you all a wonderful Memorial Weekend..take care.

17. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Ellen, I hope the visit with your brother goes well.

Linda, yes it gets this hot and hotter here. I'm just hoping it won't be a horribly hot summer again here.

JB, I'm taking the cranberry supps because as of a few weeks ago, I can't seem to pee properly. Like a UTI but no pain or screaming when I go.

And I can't drink the juice anymore with the strict diet I've worked out to keep my blood sugar levels in a normal range.

So for today, we have a repairman coming to fix my electric rouladins on the windows. Had what seemed to be a short in the wiring yesterday that really scared me.

And I'm hoping that I can have a restful, holiday weekend with hubby.

Hope you all have one too!

Nancy B
    [This Message was Edited on 05/27/2007]
  18. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

One big To-Do (that I've been procrastinating on) is to begin the process of replacing my walker. My present walker is getting old & wobbly, the brakes don't work, it doesn't lock in place, etc.

Recently, the darn thing collapsed while I was crossing a busy street. I fell on top of the walker and onto the pavement - it was a very frightening experience.

In Canada, mobility appliances are paid 75% by the government (if you meet the 'disabled' criteria, which I do). Then, because I have extended health care insurance (from my workplace - still valid even though I've been on a 'medical leave' for seven years), the other 25% will be covered as well.

It's wonderful to have the cost of the walker covered, yet I've been procrastinating because the paperwork is daunting and I have a bit of a phone-phobia.

No more procrastination!

I promise to make the initial phone calls on Monday and I hope to have the paperwork in place by Friday.

To-Do Today

dust living room furniture
    wash bathroom walls
    finish making potato salad for tonight's dinner
    sit out on the porch & read
    clean fishbowl
    walk around the block
    shower & shampoo

Tomorrow, sweetie and I are going with friends to an out-of-town *huge* nursery. We plan on buying some hardy shrubs etc. for the front of our house. I'm looking forward to the outing, as well as the purchase of some green and growing things.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

Anne Theresa..

"frightening" doesn't even begin to describe your fall..I hope some kind person was there to help you. Glad to hear you're getting a new walker!

Still haven't worked in my garden..however, I did wash the truck today, and that just about did me in! LOL

Take care everyone and have a wonderful weekend!

20. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I am so glad you're ok from that fall. What a frightening experience it must have been.

I'm wondering if anyone has the brain power to remember next week to check on you and see if you get the paperwork and phone calls done. I'd certainly help if I could....

We picked up our daughter yesterday and she's spending the night here with us. Her fiance is in Paris for work this weekend.

Not sure what we'll do later but I'm hoping it includes lunch out at a nice place.

Hugs all,

Nancy B