What's On Your To Do List? 7/14 thru 7/19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Aug 14, 2007.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Apologize for this being late. It is starting to get very crazy with all of the wedding plans, six month check ups with the many doctor's I had in ICU.

My dad's only sibling, my uncle is dying. While, unfortunately, we were kept away from his family, I am close to his son who is only a few month's younger. His mother is a very jealous person and my uncle did not stand up to her.

A friend of our's, is dying from bone caner. We need to see him asap.

I didn't see if anyone had posted the list. If someone wants to post on the Monday's I don't, please feel free. I have a feeling it's going to be life in the fast lane until 10/6....

I hope you are all doing well! My thoughts and prayers are always with you..

2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Sorry you have so much that you're going through right now. Take care of yourself....you're important!

I can do the to-do list anytime. I wake up on Monday's and you ladies are still on Sunday so I'm always looking for it.

My daughter and her husband are coming over today. He's got the Chicken-Pox!!! So he can't go to work and they're bored a bit.

I'll take her to base to pay some bills, stop in and get some groceries too.

The construction noises have finally come to a close...although I still haven't napped since mid-June. So many times I've settled in only to be interrupted by a loud BOOM, BOOM...that I'm still worried it'll keep happening.

Most of the work that needs to be done now is outside...

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I hope you've had a good strong case of the chickenpox, because you don't want to catch it again. It is possible, especially if you did not have a strong case of it. You don't need that on top of everything else.

I have been busy with fruit (love it) and we're toying with the idea of taking the twins on a quick trip to Disneyland. They have never been there and our older kids have, so they should go once. They homeschool, so we'd just start our studies when we get back.

I'll probably make some pesto today, from our garden.

Take care,
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I'm recovering from a nasty flu virus that kept me out-of-commission for most of last week.

Being off my food so long, now gives me the opportunity to monitor my reaction to different foods as I put them back into my diet one-by-one.

Results so far: I'm dong well with eating whole-grains and vegetables and though I've only introduced a few forms of protein, all seems well there as well. I'm anticipating an issue with dairy so I'll begin to experiment with this next week.

I hope to discern food allergies and sensitivities so I can build a better eating plan. I think diet is an important factor in my quest to feel better and so I'm excited at the prospect of making some significant and effective changes.

So, to that end, all tasks food related will take precedent over my to-do list, this week and next. This includes research, food preparation, tracking my responses to different foods, recipe modification, journaling, etc.

Today's To-do

Yesterday, I did the dusting and swept, and today I intend to mop the floors.

I'm still sorting through my stuff to make a box for Goodwill so I'll move forward on that today as well.

Later in the day - after my nap - I'm going out to get a manicure.

Afterward, I'll pick up a few things at the grocery store, then taxi home.

Phone calls: I'm working to arrange a September weekend in Niagara Falls with my sons (age 30, 28). At the present, I'm still trying to co-ordinate schedules so I'll need to make some phone calls this evening.

Enjoy the day!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Well, I'm a working girl again! I'm sitting here at work as I am writing this. When I arrived at the office, I could tell I hadn't been there in awhile! Although, Vanessa, our cleaning lady, told me that a week ago it was much worse so the professors did clean it up somewhat before my arrival. But it is good to be needed. Job security.

I leave in a couple of hours so I decided I had better take a break and check in with all of you before I leave.

Kim: Sounds like you have a lot going on right now. Now that I'm back to work, I can get on the board early most mornings (if it's not busy at work) and can start the post on Mondays. I'm sure one of us will get it started if you're not available.

Sue: My husband has had his implant for almost a year now and has been really happy with it. Yes, it is really expensive and most insurance plans don't cover it, unfortunately.

Linda: I remember running my mother to the doctors, doing her errands, groceries, etc. and how exhausted it made me. At the time I didn't know I had FMS and other health issues. I knew something was wrong. No one can feel that exhausted and be in pain and be healthy. I hope you can get some rest.

Nancy: I didn't figure the cold weather was normal for Germany. I hope it warms up and turns summer again for you before fall.

To-do list:

-pick up my brother (he wants to go grocery shopping with
    me after work today. He is a help to me in the store).
    -catch up on ironing
    -easy dinner-no sure what-maybe fish patties
    -long nap this afternoon

I'll be back tomorrow!

6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Kim...prayers for you right now with all of this. I do hope God will soften your aunt's heart and let you say good-bye to your uncle...and then, your friend with bone cancer. Oh, what sadness. My prayers are with you as you deal with all of this and your daughter's approaching wedding. Take really good care of yourself.

Anne Theresa...glad you are feeling better. All you needed was the flu! Sheesh.

Ellen...back at work, eh? Hope your summer was good and that this year will be a smooth one for you.

Nancy and Terri...speaking of chicken pox...my husband went to the doc yesterday, and she is sending him to have a shingles vaccine. Since I had a very light case of the pox, I will ask my doc tomorrow about this. I certainly don't want shingles.

Linda! Rest! You've done enough today. If you search for Lyrica on the FM board, I'm sure you'll find lots of info.

Went to the dentist
    Going for a walk
    Pilate's (gentle) exercises

Had a bad night sleeping...didn't really. Going to do a slow day around here!

Take care, each one. Life seems to be on high speed right now for many.

7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I did have a good case of chicken pox as a child, but my son only had around 9 spots so I do worry about him from time to time.

I never should have said the noise had stopped, my neighbor got her kitchen installed yesterday and it was SO loud again.

I'm exhausted from doing errands yesterday with my daughter, it was almost 90 degees yesterday! I slept from 7:00 until 4:30 last night, whew!!

I've been so busy since Saturday that I'm taking today to rest and recouperate. I need to water my plants, but that's about it.

Hubby and I plan to clean out our storage area on Saturday so I'm gathering things around the house to take to the thrift store on base, but no big plans for today or tomorrow.

Now that we know our daughter won't be moving back in with us, it's time to finish the house as if it's 'ours'....

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, All:

Well, they are keeping me busy here at work, but it certainly makes the time fly by. The students aren't back yet, which is good. It gives me time to settle in. I am not looking forward to the first week of classes-it is such a crazy week!

Nancy: Sounds like you are finally getting your summer in Germany. I think you said it was 90 degrees the other day? How is the noisy construction project going? By the way, I had chicken pox when I was only a few months old so I don't remember anything about it!

Linda: I meant to tell you that I'm on Lyrica. It doesn't help my sharp, shooting pains, just the dull, aching ones
    (and then it doesn't help those a lot-sometimes I wonder why I'm on it). I haven't had any problems with side effects.

Anne Theresa: I hope you have recovered from your flu bug!

Unfortunately, I can't go straight home from work. I have to go to Ann Arbor to see my FMS doctor. I have to go once a month to get prescription for my Avinza (a narcotic pain med), plus any other prescriptions if I'm running low on refills. Hopefully he won't be running too far behind and I won't be too long in the waiting room.

I know I will be tired when I get home so this will definitely be a TV dinner night.

Well, I had better get back to work. I have three projects I'm working on. Take care everyone!

9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Our weather warmed up too- I think it was 96 yesterday. But not as hot as Linda has had it!

I am dehydrating apricots now. I have a couple of orders from family to fill. I presoak them in lemon water, then dry them. I hope they ship OK.

We are enjoying our summer right up until Labor Day, when we'll start up our homeschool again....well, the day after Labor Day. Then we are busy all the time! I homeschool my 12 year old twins (boys) and they are also in denial mode....we want summer to keep going!

I would love to set out a bowl of apricots for you all to take- we've had so many this year.
  10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

mmm apricots sound lovely mmm

All is well here. In fact, my symptoms have been less acute than usual, since recovering from the flu. Perhaps the toxins that were released through the flu were of a longer-standing nature and ran deep into my system. Whatever the reason (why ask why?), I'm just happy & grateful to feel good. Amen.

I've finished my daily chores and now, for the rest of the day, I plan to rest. I need to build up my energy reserves for the upcoming weekend which is going to be a busy one.

We're planning to attend a family re-union on Saturday, and then on Sunday, we're taking a local garden tour. I'm looking forward to both events but I need to get some pre-emptive rest, then pace myself carefully in order to manage. (I know you can relate to that:)

The only thing I may do today (should the spirit move me) is finish the box for the Goodwill and make muffins. Beyond that, I'll be reading and/or watching movies.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Still recouperating....yesterday it was back down in the 60's so we only had that one day around 90 degrees, but it happened to be the day I had to do so many errands....

No naps yet, almost fell asleep yesterday when drilling started again....oh well.

Really felt poorly yesterday so I still don't have any plans for today. Just rest, lay down (at least) when I need to and try to start feeling better.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  12. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I'm glad my first week back to work was a short one. It just made it easier to get back into the swing of things. I'm getting my big projects done, but I have a lot of little things that need to be done before school starts. Of course professors will be giving me more things to be done I'm sure.

My husband worked a really long day yesterday-12 hours. With his work being so slow this summer, that's good news for us. In fact this whole week he's been really busy. We happen to live in a part of Michigan where the economy is especially slow unfortunately.

Well, I got out of my dr. appt. right away yesterday. I was only in there 20 minutes! My husband showed me a new and shorter way to go last time I went and I really got lost. I was really determined to figure go this way (it's not hard-I guess it's my brain fog again) and this time I only made one wrong turn and corrected my mistake right away. Anyway here have problems driving with brain fog?

Anne Theresa: I'm so glad you are feeling better and I hope that this weekend goes well for you. We all know the importance of resting up for big events.

Linda: My brain must have been off in left field yesterday when I was talking to you about the Lyrica. Sorry! My doctor is actually weaning me off of it because it has caused me to gain weight (given me the "munchies" big time!) He has me just switched me to another drug called Topamax, which is quite similar to Lyrica, except that is actually can cause you to lose weight. I am finding that I am not as hungry on the Topamax and haven't felt the need to eat in the evening (my worst snacking time). So you might think about that before going on it.

Okay, now that I've talked everyone's ears off, on to my to-do list:

-stop at drugstore
    -get gas
    -cash husband's check
    -finish vacuuming
    -change sheets and wash bedding

13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Yet another pill. Saw doc yesterday, and my cholesterol has taken another turn up...I was just borderline OK last year, but it's a bit too high now.

So, Zocor, the smallest dose. Bummed. I have a strong family history of heart related things...I have been taking blood pressure meds for 15 years already...now, cholesterol. Grandmother and Dad had these things. Grandmother lived to 90 and Dad died of unrelated illness at 81...guess not too bad.

Anyway, enough poor me.

Grocery store
    Drug store
    Building supply store
    Make reservations for next week at RV place. We actually get a break. Hooray.
    Pet store for cat food.Take a walk if I can still move after all that.

Guess that's enough. Tired as I didn't sleep well last night and was up at 4 AM.

Enough griping...have a good day, each one of you. A good weekend, also.

14. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Kim, btw...it's still August, lol! I meant to mention that a few days ago and forgot....Won't we all be surprised when we start posting Sept dates and wondering where in the world Aug went???

Today hubby and I have big plans to clean out our entire storage area by emptying it first, then rearranging, weeding out more things to take to the thrift store and tossing more items we just don't need anymore.

It's a good plan, we'll just have to see how it goes!

Hugs all,

Nancy B