What's on Your To Do List? April 27 thru May 3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Apr 27, 2009.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Writing the month of May took me off guard! LOL With such a dreary and rainy 'spring'. March and April plodded on! At least until Sam was born! LOL

Nancy: I am happy Katy is in treatment. It does have to be a living hell on earth, for her, and you, to experience her moods and emotions. It is nice that you have sometime to do things for YOU! You certainly deserve sometime off the 'hook.' When do you find out about your medical issues?

Molly: Try not to care about other's people's thoughts, or their diagnosis (geesh, what a stupid neighbor.. (I am sure he's not a doctor!). I cannot imagine what you go through on a daily basis. Keep doing what you have been doing. I'm sure your son is better than he would have been, had you not started dealing with his Autism at his young age. I am sorry he's lashing out in anger. It has to be so wearing and exhausting.. Take care of YOU!

Ellen: I'm happy things are going well for you, with the exception of not sleeping well. It has been a lon....g spring. Wasn't the weekend great?! I hope your doctor contacts you soon, or vice versa, to see how he can help you with the sleeping.

Anne Theresa: The weather has been awful and no wonder you were flaring. I hear ya! So happy it turned out to be nice and you could enjoy your scooter! It sounds like a source of freedom for you! How wonderful that is!!

Our DD is more calm now and we have seen Sam many times! She also started ther Zoloft which has helped immensley. I cannot believe how much DH loves this boy! He acted noncholant (sp?) during the pregnancy, but has not stopped showing off pictures, dropping by etc. Our SIL send's Jim daily good morning pix,through cell phone, from 'Sam'....which delights Jim to no end. I never could have imagined the love you have for a grandchild. Such a blessing!

My Ex-Husband died last Thursday. Only 54. He and his family lived in another city. My aunt called my mom,after reading his obit. Mom came over to tell me. I fell apart. We had been in touch over the years, on and off. It had been several years since the last time. I've always held a special place for him in my heart. He left behind his wife and two young adult children. Also his parents and two sisters. My heart, and prayers have been with them since learning of his death. It's awkward. I am grieving for him and that his life was cut short. It was a private service with donations to the university med center. I know this may sound strange, but it would help if I knew what he died from so I could accept it and not have all of these thoughts swirling in my mind. This was a sad weekend mixed with the joy of a beautiful of our beautiful grandson! And joy it is! We were married three years, when I was 21 to 24. First big, big, love. Jim and I have been married for 29 years and for this, I am so thankful.

I dusted yesterday. Should run and get some items at grocery. Just have felt tired and drained with the wretched cold I've had before Sam's birth. My sleep pattern has slipped again. Nights and days turned around. I'd been getting up so early and have slept till 11 or noon the last few days. Arghhhhhhhh I think I'm run down and need to build back up. MAYBE the bath's will get a lick and a promise today!

Everyone take care!

2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Thanks, Kim, for starting the post this week. I enjoyed my nice long weekend, but as usual, it went by too fast. All three days the weather was warm and sunny. I can't believe that after today I only have 14 days left of work.

Jim and I had a nice day together on Friday. I still can't believe the positive change in him. I had errands to run and he enjoys going with me while I do that. As usual, we ate lunch out. With the weather so nice, we took a little drive and looked at the flowering trees, daffodils and tulips in bloom. Jim needed new socks, so we got those.

I managed to get out in the yard and worked on my flower beds. I didn't get them all done, but did get some weeds pulled and the edges straightened. The kitties were out with me. Harry and I ate out at one of our favorite restaurants. There is a good movie showing at the theatre, but I will probably see that this coming weekend.

Molly: I am so sorry you are having quite a time with Liam and the insensitive neighbor certainly didn't help. It reminds me when my parents were having such a hard time with Jim many years ago and some members of my family were not very supportive. My grandmother thought Jim would improve if my parents just kicked him out and made him get a job. My grandfather thought my mother was at fault as she may have dropped him as a baby. My uncle thought my parents just spoiled Jim. I'm sure my parents felt very frustrated and misunderstood. So I can kind of relate to what you are going through since I now take care of Jim.

Kim: That's so nice that your husband is having such fun with his new grandson. I'm sorry that your ex-husband passed away. You're right-it is kind of an awkward thing, but sad that he died so young.

Anne Theresa: I'm so glad that you are enjoying your new scooter! We were going to get an SUV and a lift for my scooter, but now it looks at though my husband may get layed off from his job for 9 weeks so now we probably won't get it. I'm disappointed, but we'll get it eventually.

Nancy: I'm so glad that Katy is now in the hospital where they can help her and you can get some rest and relaxation. I know you will worry about her, but try to relax as much as you can.

Well, it's almost time to go home and I have a couple of things to do. Take care, everyone.

3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good morning all,

Kim thanks for getting the thread started for us this week. I was hoping to hear from you about your daughter and the new baby. I'm glad she's taking something for the 'baby blues' such an innocent word for the hell some women go through.

And I'm sorry to hear of your ex's passing. I know what you mean about wondering. A few years ago my brother told me he thought my ex has died but I can't find any information and it still lingers in the back of my mind.

Ellen, I'm glad you got to enjoy your day out with Jim. With only 14 more days of work left, maybe you'll get the time you need to rest and recoup...I know it's been a rough few months for you.

Today I go back to the internist but I'm not having high hopes for any news. You know how it goes, tests are normal but we're NOT! I have to stop at the grocery afterwards and maybe check the mail while I'm on base too.

Katy calls me a lot, she's lonely but she seems to be doing ok.

Yesterday I had my facial appt and enjoyed it so much I made another appt for 2 weeks. That's a treat for me since I just started doing this again recently and only once a month. But I need that hour of rest, relaxation and massage.

Hugs all,

4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hi all,

I just got back home from the doctor and running my errands. Whew, I got a lot done today.

So the doc said that I need to take pancreatic enzymes...just looked it up online and malabsorption is a huge problem when you're not getting nutrients from food. Wow, it makes sense though since the common symptoms are diahreeeheee (no way I can spell that right now) and weight loss.

I'll have to try to fill the prescription tomorrow after my eye doc appt.

I made it to the commissary today, the clinic to get some refills, checked the mail and got Katy some minutes on her cell phone and a change of address card.

I just talked to her and they're moving her out of the acute portion of the hospital. Hopefully this will make it a bit nicer for her.

Also, her doctor found that she's low on iron and her liver isn't working properly. He was a bit surprised that no one found this in her blood work on base. Also her thyroid med is being increased again....Poor kid, no wonder she feels so awful all of the time.

I can't even begin to tell you all how difficult it's been to function around her the last 6 months or so with all of us being sick and ill daily. Maybe now since we're getting some answers things can start to look up a bit.

Hugs all,

5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I have been enjoying my daughter and granddaughters, so I haven't been on much. But, Nancy, here is the GF pizza crust recipe:
    2 T. yeast
    1 1/3 c. warm milk
    1 t. sugar
    1 1/3 c. brown rice flour
    1 c. tapioca flour
    4 t. xanthan gum
    1 t. salt
    2 t. gelatin powder
    2 t. Italian seasoning
    2 t. olive oil
    2 t. cider vinegar
    Dissolve yeast in warm milk and sugar. Blend together dry ingredients and add yeast mixture. Mix and pat onto greased pizza pan with extra flour. Bake ten minutes, then add toppings. Bake at 425 degrees.

Hugs, Terri
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Terri, thanks for the recipe, hopefully they'll be getting some of those ingredients in our commissary so I can make hubby a pizza.

I woke up this morning completely excited about my new disease (didn't realize I had one until I did some more research yesterday. I couldn't completely understand the doctor...

So I have Pancreatic Enzyme Insufficiency and have been suffering from malnutrition, getting no nutrients from the foods I eat. I'm hoping that getting this medication will even help my severe hypoglycemia since the pancreas regulates insulin as well.

I'm really looking forward to feeling better soon. I'll turn in the prescription this morning after my appt with the eye doc regarding the glaucoma. I just hope they have this in stock so I won't have to go back out later or tomorrow. I need a 'down' day around here.

Another good note, my housekeeper is out of the hospital and will be coming to clean my house tomorrow. I'm still glad I got done cleaning the floors on Sunday although now my quad is painful again and I even had to brace it again.

I hope to hear from you all soon, I miss you and could use your support right now!!!

7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Nancy- so now you know what is wrong and will have a med to treat it.....that is something good! Not that you have the pancreatic insufficiency, but that you can do something about it. You need a Mom to come flying over, bringing tapioca flour, to take care of you and make pizzas. I wish I could help more!

Kim- Congratulations! Wonderful news about your new grandson. I'm sure enjoying mine while they are here.....we have our daughter and two kids here for over two weeks and they are sure fun. Of course, they make lots of messes, but that's OK. The baby just grins at us and is so happy most of the time that I don't care about some extra cleanup.

Molly- Hang in there! You are a great mom to your son and have insights no one else can have. Take care of yourself, as you are valuable to your family. Hugs!

Ellen- summer is coming. I haven't kept up very well here, but have you found a part time job? Pretty hard to come by, just for the summer. I suppose students would snatch those up and they would not pay very well. Are you planting outside yet? I have only a few pansies planted- nothing else yet. The weather hasn't been as warm as usual, but I'm hoping it changes soon.

Anne Theresa- I love how your to do list now includes "Scoot to the store." I think you are enjoying your new mobility. That's great!

Sorry for people I've missed......take care all!
    Hugs from Terri
    [This Message was Edited on 04/29/2009]
  8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I don't have a lot of time to talk, but I did want to get on here before I was done working for the day. I worked all day yesterday as I had so much to do. I am getting things caught up, except for the class evaluations. I hope to get back to working on those tomorrow and Friday and, of course, next week.

Everyone on campus got a scary sounding e-mail about how the economy and finances is now affecting the college and we all have to attend a mandatory meeting tomorrow from 10:30 to 11:30. The professors told me that they asked for a lot in their new contract so they think that's what it's about, but if that's the case, why do the secretaries have to go? Oh, well, I will try not to worry too much and wait and see what it's all about. The professors think it's a tactic just to scare us. I hope so.

Harry didn't come home from work last night. I felt lazy and watched a scary movie. I did get up a little early this morning and got some things done around the house.

Nancy: I'm glad that you and Katy and finally finding out what's wrong with both of you. Even if it isn't good news at least you know. Now maybe you can finally stop losing so much weight and both of you can feel better.

Terri: Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with your daughter and grandkids. I hope you are taking some pictures. After they are gone, you can look at them and have the memories.

To-do list:

-vacuum hard floors (done)
    -wash one load of clothes (in the process)
    -feed birds (done)
    -get groceries

Well, back to work. I'll try to get back here tomorrow after the meeting to tell you what it was about.

9. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi there, I haven't been feeling well. On Monday I spent most of the day in bed and took an epsom salt bath. My fibro tender points are bothering me. The fatigue and exhaustion are pretty bad.

I think it may be that the emotional and mental work that I am putting into our behavior program for my son is causing this. We finally figured out what was bothering him last week. We had night events 3 nights in a row with the last being the big campout for scouts. He was excited and anxious. By Friday afternoon he had a stomach ache and the therapist told us it was anxiety. We hadn't thought of that. But it was true. As soon as he got to camp my dh said he did great. It was successful!

Our behavioral therapist that come to our home think he is having an extinction burst. He is pulling out all the stops to test whether we will remain consistent. He was an angel all yesturday afternoon then boom after dinner he gave me non-stop problems.

I better go now though because I want to take a shower before he gets home from school. Thank you so much for all your love and support about my situation. It really helps so much.

Nancy-Hugs, I am so sorry you are having a tough time. I wish i could send you some of my gf ingredients too. I really hope this new dx and medication will make a huge and noticable improvement.

Terri-So happy for you that the time with your family is so special.

Ellen-I'll be curious to know what happens at that meeting.

I know I am forgetting some of you sorry. Just know that all of your wisdom and support were so wonderful for me. Thanks again.

10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Kim, I'm sorry your ex-husband died. It's particularly sad that he was so young and that you've been left without a sense of earthly closure. I'm so glad your daughter is taking an anti-d. I was hit with depression after the birth of my youngest child and because it was undiagnosed & untreated, it hung on - in one form or another - for years. It's wonderful how Sam has touched your husband's heart and yours, as well. Sam is fortunate to be born in the midst of such love.

(((Nancy))) I smiled at your feeling 'excited' about having a new disease. I'm happy to be on the inside of understanding what some may consider a bizarre statement. It's only those of us who have suffered from unknown illnesses and remained undiagnosed for a period of time that could begin to understand the sheer excitement of finally receiving an accurate diagnosis and along with that, the hope for an effective treatment. I hope the new medication is helpful and brings about an improved sense of well-being. Gentle hugs.

Ellen, I'm glad you're enjoying the weather. It's nice to see the trees bud and flower; such a beautiful time of year. It's good Jim is well - he deserves a bout of wellness, for all that he goes through. I'm sorry you've had to postpone the purchase of an SUV and lift for your scooter. Hopefully, you'll be able to get these before too long and thereby ensure your mobility. I hope the economy and finance meeting does not prove to be worth the worry it's caused.

Terri, I'm glad you're enjoying your family. It must be wonderful to have such a nice, long visit. You're right to say I'm enjoying my new-found mobility. I simply love my scooter! Take care.

Molly, I'm sorry you're feeling poorly. You've been going non-stop lately, with lots of stress and so it's time for you to get some rest if you can. It must be rewarding when you & the therapist are able to identify some of the reasons behind Liam's behaviour. It must be like putting pieces of a puzzle together.

Some good news: I've lost 20 pounds since January. I still have 50 more pounds to lose in order to reach my goal weight, but 20 pounds is a good start.

To-Do Today

shower & shampoo
    dust office/bedroom
    make daily pill dispensers
    make casserole for dinner
    swiffer/sweep living-room floor

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Anne Theresa, you always say things so well and it's just a joy to hear from you when you post. And congratulations on your weight loss, that's an amazing difference. Please don't look at how much you still want to lose, just concentrate on your progress so far.

It was very exciting for me to have this disease diagnosed, now I can begin a treatment and hopefully start feeling better soon. I've already noticed one advantage to the treatments....ready for this? I have about 100 times less gas!!!!! (in 2 days of medication)

I'm hoping that when the family gets home we can find something else to joke about finally!

Yesterday I spent the day helping my housekeeper clean the house and getting things done while she was cleaning to help further along the things that have slid around here for so long. It was exhausting but it always feels good to get rid of the things that have been bugging me for so long when I was unable to do anything about it.

Since she's just recently out of the hospital I was hoping to make things easier for her.

Today I'm hoping to tackle some laundry that's been piled up since I've been by myself.

Molly, bless you.....mental fatigue is often just as bad as the physical kind. You need a long hot bubble bath and some relaxation time.

Ellen, I hope the meeting went well for you so you can put that worry behind you.

Hugs all,