What's on your 'To Do' List April 6 to 12th?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Apr 5, 2009.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Kim, thank you so much for that information on the gluten free products. I have a shopping cart there that I need to finish today, we only found 2 products at our commissary and he needs more than that.

You must be so excited about the Grand baby, best of luck to all of your family.

We had a wonderful weekend, cut down a few more of the bushes that block our view, had a wonderful lunch outside in town, relaxed and had a bunch of fun.

Today is my doc appt and I have so many things to discuss with him. I hope we can get to each thing on the list because all of them are so important.

Tomorrow the pup gets neutered and I'm looking forward to that as well. Not used to having a male dog in the house. He also has a few retained puppy teeth that can be removed at the same time.

Hope all are well and can check in this week.

2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I got part of my refridgerator cleaned out today so hopefully I can get the rest done this week.

bedroom carpet needs to be vacuumed ---maybe the dog too :)---he loves to be vacummed with the brush attachment

need to get some Easter candy and send off 2 small packages for Easter goodies

I would love to color Easter eggs on Saturday--have not done that for a few years.
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Nancy: I am happy the site has helped you! I have a friend diagnosed with same recently. I will see if she has any info, too. As far as men. symptoms, mine disappeared overnight. I started to notice I wasn't having all of the symptoms! Hopefully, this will happen for you soon!

Beadlady: So nice to see you here! Good for you and the 'fridge'. One of my LEAST favorite chores! LOL Go for those Easter Eggs! We still do it with both kids out of the house! I wish our dogs, and especially cats, would like to be 'vacummed'.... they would definitley (sp?) not be kind..to US! LOL

Actually have one bath cleaned as of this morning. Will try to finsih other one! I need to wet swiffer all non-carpet floors.

Rain, rain go away don't come back another day!!!! Tired of the gloom, and mess!

Everyone, take care!

Hugs, Kim
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I realize it's been almost a week since I've been on here. I tried to get on here last Wednesday, but the Internet wasn't working right and I couldn't do it. It was April Fool's Day and there was a virus going around so maybe that was why. Thursday I called in sick as I was having a flare-up and I already had scheduled to have Friday off. I am going to have to talk to my FMS doctor next week about my not sleeping as well at night. Not that he can necessarily do anything about it. Not that I usually wake up early in the morning because of pain or because I'm worried. But it sure isn't helping my fatigue level.

On Sunday I got together with my two brothers and sister-in-law and went out for lunch. We went to a new restaurant in town where my niece has just started working. We were fortunate to get her table so she was able to wait on us. She is such a nice young lady. 21 now. Then my brothers and I watched old family slides at my brothers house (Tom). Jim did really well again and Tom mentioned it while Jim was in the bathroom.

There is a scary movie I've been wanting to see that starts right after work. I already have dinner ready, so I think I will just goof off this afternoon and go to the theatre right after work. Then take a nap.

Nancy: I'm sorry the menopause is giving you such problems. I haven't gone through it yet, but I expect I will be soon within the next few years. My mother went through it in her early 50's so I suppose that's when I will. That's nice that Katy found a gluten-free recipe that your husband likes.

Kim: It won't be long now before the baby is due! No wonder you are so excited. I am sure your daughter is excited and anxious.

Terri: That's nice that your daughter and her family are coming for a nice, long visit. I'm sure you don't get a chance to see them very often since you don't live close. I'm sure you will cherish the time you will have together.

Anne Theresa: I'm so glad your fatigue and nausea have improved. So what happened with the scooter? Did you decide to buy it? Will you be building the shed?

To-do list:

-pick up our taxes and pay for them (during my lunch half hour)
    -go to the theatre and see the scary movie
    -take a nap
    -leftovers for dinner

See all of you tomorrow!

5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I am a Slug.... Official now, I do believe! LOL My pj's are my best friend!

Ellen: So good to hear from you! I am happy you had a great time with your family! Our family slides need to be shown soon! They bring back such good memories. I am happy you had good time with Jim and your brothers. A very nice way to spend a day.

Yesterday, I cleaned BOTH bathrooms and got the floors cleaned! I was very proud of myself! LOL

I have a hair appointment tomorrow, for color. It takes Connie hours, truly, but she is so good with color. Truly, I am usually tired as heck when I get home.

PT on Friday. I cancelled my one of Monday due to fatigue. Back to the weights and exercises! They are good for me. I especially like the massage they've started due to all the myofascial 'junk', ect.!

Have a good day!

Hugs, Kim
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I don't have much time to write as it's almost time to head over to the pool for my swimming class. Can you believe we had snow yesterday? Fortunately, we didn't get the 3-6 inches they were talking about.

I enjoyed the movie I saw after work yesterday. Usually, I end up doing housework after work. I did do my ironing. Harry was on a different schedule, so he was home after I was done watching the movie. He and I were tired, so we snuggled together in bed and took a nap. That was nice. I had leftovers so there was no cooking to do. I should have more evening like that. Very relaxing.

I slept really good last night-all through the night! I didn't wake up until just a few minutes before the alarm was going to go off. Now if I could just go back to sleeping like that more often like I used to.

Hi, Kim, nice to hear from you!

To-do list:

-swimming class
    -vacuum carpets upstairs
    -finish grocery list

7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends, Good news: I have a scooter! It's an older model, but well cared-for and Canadian-made so getting replacement parts should be relatively easy. It's large, has four wheels and is newly-painted blue. It's smooth to drive, though, unlike the newer sleek models that can turn on a dime, it requires a wide berth to turn a corner. It doesn't fold compact to fit in a car trunk (we don't have a car anyway) so it will be used primarily outdoors in and about the city and stored in my yet-to-be assembled pre-fab garden shed. I just love it and best of all, it came to me for $550.00, one-third of what I expected to pay for a used scooter.

I can't use the scooter until the garden shed is assembled (hopefully in a week or two) because the scooter is too heavy to lift in and out of the house and too precious to leave outdoors unattended. I was feeling impatient to get scooting, then mother nature saw fit to bring winter back this way so I couldn't scoot if I wanted to :) I feel so happy for this long-awaited dream to be realized.

Ellen, It's great you were able to spend time with family - watching old family slides can be such fun! It's been ages since I've spent time with my brothers. I'll have to remedy that soon. I'm glad you had a relaxing night, last night, followed by a good sleep, particularly since you've been having such trouble sleeping lately. A good night's sleep makes for a better next day. Enjoy your swimming class!

Kim, Welcome to the Slug Club! This past year, I've given into my fatigue on many occasions. I've stopped feeling guilty for my lack of activity, particularly during the winter months. I've come to realize that a certain amount of hibernation-like behaviour is natural for most people and for those of us with illness and/or fatigue issues it's probably necessary to listen to our bodies and slow way down from time-to-time. Your grand-baby will be here before you know it - what a blessed wonder!

Beadlady, I also mail Easter goodies this time of year. I always have a difficult time staying away from the chocolate before I mail it but this year I managed to get it bought and wrapped and mailed without incident :) I can't remember the last time I coloured eggs - such fun!

Nancy, I'm glad you had such a nice weekend, much deserved after all the stress of late. I hope your doctor's appointment went well yesterday and that Samson's procedure goes well today. Take good care,

To Do Today

Make bed
    Put dishes away
    Clean counters & sink
    Clean kitchen table & chairs
    Swiffer kitchen, living-room, bed-room floors
    vacuum hallway
    swipe washroom
    WW meeting

- some of the above list I'll likely carry over to tomorrow

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

[This Message was Edited on 04/07/2009]
  8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi all,
    Anne Theresa- I'm with you on the eggs.....it is still fun! We will do ours early- probably Thursday or Friday- since Saturday we'll be out of town. The boys are in a jazz band competition, and we may get home fairly late. So any Easter preparations will have to be done sooner than later! Enjoy that new scooter!

Nancy- let us know how your appointment went. We care and hope the doctor was able to help with the weight loss.

Ellen- did you say you had snow? I'll send some of our nice weather.....we hit 70 yesterday and it was soooo nice.

Kim- nice to hear from you. I like "the slug club!" I don't have fibro, but can I join?

To Do:
    Take Mother to her urologist appointment
    Dinner prep.....??
    Rehearsal tonight

Take care all,
  9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Well, I've decided to take a break from my bulk mailing project and check in with all of you.

Harry has certainly been working some crazy hours. One time he had to get up at 11:30 p.m., another time at 2:00 a.m. and last night at 4:00 a.m. If he and I slept in the same room, I really wouldn't be getting any sleep!

I sure wish the weather would warm up again. I've gone back to wearing my winter coat again. Most of the snow we got has melted, but we still have a little of it on the ground. Crazy weather.

Anne Theresa: Congratulations on getting your scooter! Now you just have to get a place to store it. Where are you keeping it now? I assume inside your house. You did get a good deal. We had to pay $1,000 for mine, although mine was actually new, although we bought it as used. We bought it from a man who bought it for his mother. The mother got sick right after he bought it and then passed away so she never used it. So it really was brand new. Mine is blue and is smaller with three wheels. It has a basket on the front where I put my purse. Mine comes apart and fits in our car trunk. Harry is talking about getting another vehicle like a van with a part we will buy that will put the scooter in and out of the van automatically for us. (I can't think of what it is called). It's not going to be cheap, though. But this way I will be able to take the scooter in the van myself and not have to rely on Harry. Plus, as Harry gets older, it will become harder for him to handle the scooter himself. He does have back problems sometimes.

Terri: I'll be happy to trade you the snow for the 70 degree weather! I am so sick of winter! Coloring eggs sounds like fun and brings back a lot of happy memories of doing it with my siblings!

Nancy: Is Samson all taken care of now? I'm thinking you said you were going to have some of his teeth removed, too? Poor thing. He's going to be under the weather for a few days, but I do believe in getting animals fixed. All of mine are.

To-do list:

-pick up vacuum cleaner bags
    -vacuum hard floors upstairs
    -empty dishwasher

10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all, I hope everyone is having a good day.

I feel pretty good today, as I did yesterday. Reducing my dose of topomax by 1/4 has been helpful, or so it would seem. I hope and pray this sense of well-being stays with me. It seems like ages since I've had more than a (random) day or two of wellness.

Terri, I hope you & your children enjoy colouring Easter eggs. Easter and all such occasions are such fun when children are involved. Children add a magical dimension to sc holidays. I used to love it when my boys were small & now I enjoy my young nieces & nephews on special occasions.

Ellen, to answer your question, my scooter is presently stored in the house (in our back, enclosed porch). We purchased a pre-fab garden shed that Dave and his father plan to assemble over the next couple of days. When the shed is complete, I'll store the scooter there, with an extension cord running from the house to the shed in order to plug in the scooter and recharge.

You got an excellent deal on your scooter - wow! I've seen the hydraulic (scooter) lifts for large cars and vans and they are very cool. Something like that would be perfect for you.

Your weather is much like ours here - I've also gone back to my winter coat, scarf, gloves etc. At least the snow is (mostly) gone and the sun is bright.

To-Do Today

vacuum hallway
    make up pill dispensers
    water plants
    read & watch TV

God bless
    Anne Theresa
  11. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I have to leave work a few minutes early today to go to the post office and drop off the large bulk mailing I've been working on the past couple of days. I have tomorrow off for Good Friday so I have a three-day weekend. I love these shorter weeks and have been spoiled the past several weeks. I haven't had to work a five-day week in quite some time!

I'm not sure if we are doing anything for Easter. My sister-in-laws aren't ones to entertain in their homes too often so usually my mother-in-law gets stuck doing it. She doesn't seem to mind, but I feel bad that that I don't usually feel up to having the whole family over for dinner. If I have anyone over, I usually do it in the summer when I'm not working and have a little more energy.

Anne Theresa: We store my scooter in our garage, which is attached to the house. My husband keeps track of keeping the battery going, which is good. I tend to forget about it.
    I hope we can get the van and the lift for the scooter, but I wonder if we can afford it. It means going back to having car payments again. I'm glad you are feeling better again. Hopefully this feeling better will last for you.

To-do list:

-vacuum laundry room
    -pool class

Have a good Easter, everyone! I'll see you on Monday!