What's on your 'To do List' April 7 13th?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Apr 6, 2008.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Kim, still hoping to hear from you soon. Hope you can check in when you get a chance.

Ellen, I read your post from Saturday and I'm not sure why taking a sip of water with a pill would effect any kind of blood sugar test. Did I read it right?

I got my hair cut again on Saturday and I love it. It's now officially shorter than my husband's and I feel liberated and free.

I was always the one with the long blond hair and now it's Jamie Lee Curtis short, woooohoooo!!! I never, ever thought I'd do this, but wow, I think I'm gonna keep it this way now. I might have Katy take a picture of it so I can post it.

My daughter's coming in for an appt with a Pulmonologist (sp?) today in a nearby town. We did a trial run trying to find it yesterday and it's in a part of town I'm very familiar with, but there's road construction on the street in front of it, so it may be tricky to find.

After that, it's my day to call my friend in Tampa for our regular phone call. We've been doing this for years but she'll be returning to work soon so it maybe the end of our Monday calls.

Need to water my plants today and I may throw a ham in the oven for dinner tonight. It snowed a bit this morning and I'm hoping it's one of the last cold days we'll have.

Have to scoot......

Hugs all,

2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Here I am, at least for now..

Nancy, thank you for asking about me. Your hair sounds darling! Personally, I love shorter hair. How much easier, also. How is Katy? Is there a problem with her lungs? I noticed she was going to doctor tomorrow. I hope and pray, all is going well for you and your family.

Linda(Laurie, whatever! lol), I am very sorry you are having so much pain and fatigue. Have been going through the same thing. It sux. You have so much to do and I think of you often. Please let us know how your mom's surgery goes! Take good care. The added stress means you need to take 'extra special care'..however you can!

I noticed there are several new posters! How wonderful! This is my very favorite 'place'!

My mom is still going through tests for her headache and neck pain. She had a special kind of CT scan, and it was okay. Thank heaven! I'm taking her for an MRI with contrast Friday morning. She says she is feeling somewhat better. She is always busy! Does better than I do, even when she's in severe pain!

Been battling the 'Bipolar Blues' for several weeks. I am sure the lack of sun, this year, has not helped. As I mentioned these DD's aren't doing me any favors!

Continuing with flashbacks and dreams of last year, after 'visiting' the CICU and working through how I've changed, physically and emotionally. Have talked with a psychologist, and know this is normal. Still lots of work to do, which is normal, also.

Our 20 y/o son, who is an alcoholic,(of course, to him, he isn't) continues to make very poor choices and they are escalating. I know we can't make him change. He needs even more tough love. While knowing this is needed, it is still very, very, sad and difficult.

I've cleaned the front part of our house. Dusted the back. Washed floors. Did some laundry. This was not done in one day! LOL More laundry to do and bathrooms need to be cleaned. Hmmm, when they get done is anyone's guess! LOL

I've missed you all. If you are in pain, or hurting in any way, I'm praying for you. For those who are feeling better, I send out a big HURRAY, and pray it continues!

Sorry this is so long.

Many hugs to all...

[This Message was Edited on 04/07/2008]
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Nancy- glad you are enjoying your new haircut. I think hair style changes are a sign of spring...it makes you feel new again.

Kim- good to see you back! Don't feel bad about the cleaning- it never gets all the way done at my house....

Linda- have you ever tried B-12 shots? We were able to have my husband give the shots to my son, and I think it helped his fatigue. I wish I knew what to do for your pain...have you tried the patches?

Hope to hear from you other people soon....

Our son is enjoying his new job. He's exhausted but happy. He worked over 40 hours last week (he's a steward/ dishwasher) so he should get a pretty good paycheck. He's going to pay us back for the car, a bit at a time. Today I'm going to help with his insurance enrollment (yes, he even gets insurance!) because I want him to get enrolled ASAP.

To Do:
    Call on son's insurance and/or make a trip there with him
    Home school
    Dr. appointment with twin with asthma
    Piano lessons
    Cook dinner???

Maybe I'll let hubby cook tonight!
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends. It looks like spring has come to southern Ontario, finally most of the snow is gone and the trees and shrubs are budding :) I'm back to taking my daily walks and it feels great! At this point, I still have my winter-legs (as sweetie calls them) so I can't walk far (and it's utterly exhausting - after a few blocks, I feel done for the day) but I know that will improve with time and continued effort. Amen!

Congratulations on your hair-do, Nancy, it sounds lovely! I'd love it if you could post a picture. I like some of the shorter styles but I don't feel bold enough to make such a change. My long hair has become my security blanket, it keeps my ears warm in the winter and sweetie likes it so it will probably stay for a while.

Linda, you're in my thoughts and prayers and I think of you often. Thanks for posting, as you're able and please don't worry about making individual notes to everyone. That can be difficult at the best of times and impossible when in the midst of such a flare. I hope everything goes well with your mom's surgery and that you're being there to support her doesn't cause you to suffer more yourself. God bless.

Kim, I'm sorry you're midst of such a prolonged flare and that your depression is acute. It seems to me the changing seasons can be an upset for those of us with clinical depression and/or bipolar disorders.

It must be difficult watching your child lose himself to alcohol. Tough love is certainly warranted but I can appreciate the difficulty in taking such a stance. Insofar as your able, please don't let his circumstances cause you to suffer.

Stress & worry are such triggers for flare-ups and a sustained level of stress and worry can often translate into a sustained flare-up. For that reason, learning to 'let go' is not only an emotional must but, for people with FMS a necessary tool to prevent & cope with flares.

I don't mean to suggest by any means, that FMS is a mentally-based illness, only to share my understanding that the bodymind requires a resolution (to stress & worry) or a distancing from the issue, in order to function at its' best. Reducing and learning to cope with stress has been my ongoing work. I've made some progress in this regard but I have much to learn.

Terri, I can't tell you how happy I am for your son. I'm glad he'll be making some real money and be able to pay for his car and basic needs. Insurance on top of that is a bonus! Take care.

To-do today

clean kitchen
    tidy laundry room
    wash hardwood floors
    walk and/or elliptical
    shower & shampoo
    begin soup in the crock-pot
    make grocery & etc. list
    shopping & errands

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

p.s. for those who missed it - I posted a recent photo of me & sweetie.
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Linda, it's great to hear from you but we all understand when one can't answer to all individually. I hope your Mom's procedure goes well for her and please remember to take care of yourself too.

Kim, great to hear from you too, but I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Problems with the kids can be so stressful, I do understand.

I'm glad you're talking things over with your therapist. Be good to yourself please...

Terri, so glad this job seems to be working out for you son.

I took Katy to the doc on Monday and she does have asthma and is allergic to pets, dust, hazel, the trees that line the street where she lives and a few other things. No wonder she's been having a tough time breathing lately.

Yesterday I tried to rest but my darling daughter had to come into my room to let me know she was here....(huh?) just as I was falling asleep so basically no rest for the wicked!

I'll try again today to just take a day for myself. Too much shopping on the weekend and more running around on Monday isn't good for me. I have to squeeze a rest day in to catch up.

Anne Theresa, you and your sweetie are just the cutest couple ever! Love the new picture....and yes, my hair was my security blanket too for all of my life, but I'm glad I've made this change. It feels wonderful to no longer worry about bad hair days! Impossible when it's this short....

I might have to try to take the pic of myself but I will try to get one posted soon.

Hugs all,

6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

This has been such a crazy week, but I decided I had better get on here before all of you started worrying about me.

I still haven't heard the results from my latest diabetes test. I, too, wonder how water could have changed the result and caused such a high glucose reading. I would think I would hear the results today. The waiting is driving me nuts.

I had my meeting with Dr. Nesbary on Monday and it went horrible. I had told the professors in both the Communications and Foreign Language Depts. beforehand of my idea of working for them this fall to increase my hours and thought everyone was in favor of it. WRONG. Behind my back the Communications Dept. sent a memo to Dr. Nesbary and said I wasn't doing a good job.

Dr. Nesbary said he felt that they were coward for not going to me directly so that I could improve my work. I can't imagine what I was doing wrong. All I do for them (I later found out it was the Communication Dept.) is little things like reserve a room or order something. How can you mess that up?

He told me he would still consider me for the job and to fight for it. I told him I was a fighter. When I got back to the office, I felt so stupid, but I started crying. Everyone felt so bad for me. Joanna Schultz (from Communications, who also happens to be my second cousin) came in and I asked her if she had anything to do with this.

She said she didn't sign the memo since she's related to me, but it was obvious that she wanted to. She said the memo didn't say my work wasn't qualified. I asked her then how did Dr. Nesbary get the idea then that it was. She then just said that the memo said that it said that I was gone too often. I said I was taking Fridays off because I was going to lose vacation time (something I had already explained to all of them). I also said that I still had many vacation and sick days left so I couldn't be taking too much time off.

She got very nasty and I stood my ground. The other professors are helping me. Some of doing letters. The foreign language dept. is doing a letter and all are signing it. Some other professors are doing letters. I also have a list that professors have signed saying that I have been a good secretary and haven't taken too much time off.

I am also doing a letter to Dr. Nesbary explaining what happened. I think Joanna is lying to me about what the memo said and this will make her and the others look worse.
    I am also including my resume, some ideas I have about job scenarios, and letters of recommendation.

Dr. Nesbary said he wanted to meet with me again. He also was impressed that I took that Excel class. I've decided I can't let this get me down. It's going to be hard working for people that don't want you, but we really need to money.

Sorry I'm not responding to everyone, but I did want to say what happened this week. Needless to say, it's been quite stressful.

7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Harry called me at work about an hour ago with good news! The doctor's office called and I don't have diabetes! I certainly had to wait awhile, but at least I finally know now and can put that out of my mind.

I have my letter done to Dr. Nesbary. One of the English professors looked at it. He made a couple of small changes in grammar, but other than that, he said it was an excellent letter. He teaches writing so I figured he would be a good person to ask. I am used to writing business letters, so it isn't a problem for me.

I have 18 people who have signed my list so far. I still need to update my resume, which shouldn't take long. I've decided not to feel guilty for using work time to do this as it's because of what the Communication Dept. has done that has made it necessary for me to do all of this.

Well, speaking of work I had better get back.

8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends,

Ellen, I'm so glad you're diabetes-free! How nice to get such good news in the midst of a stressful time at work. I'm sorry you hit this glitch with the communications department (had they been unhappy with your work, it would have been good of them to 'communicate' this to you directly and at an earlier time).

I'm glad you're a fighter and have support from the faculty to move forward. I'll be saying some prayers for you. Please try to keep the stress at a manageable level.

Nancy, I hope you get a restful day today. I've planned the same, though I'll likely go for a walk with my new iPod (I finally got it working!). I'm sorry to hear your daughter has allergies & asthma and I hope she does well with treatment. Take good care.

While shopping last eve., I purchased a five-photo frame and I intend to fill it with pictures from my birthday celebration. I have some nice shots of my sons, daughter-in-law, sweetie and self. That, and continuing to figure out my iPod are the main agenda items for today. A few other things:

put dishes away, clean counters & sink
    empty wastebaskets
    clean mirrors & screens
    respond to e-mail, voice-mail
    walk and/or elliptical machine
    make muffins

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

So sorry to hear about all your problems at work....I hate it when you aren't spoken to directly, but behind your back. It happens, unfortunately, and it is cowardly. One should always speak to the person about a problem. I'm glad you have a lot of signatures - that speaks well for your work. Stay tough!!

My hubby has had similar problems in his work this year and he's had to stand his ground. But it takes a toll on you, emotionally, energy-wise, etc. It takes a lot more energy to deal with the new problems. As if one didn't have enough to worry about....anyway, I know what you're going through.

I'll be praying for you (and my hubby) that work problems will be resolved. Dr. Dobson has stated that if you are going to have problems in life, let them be at work rather than at home. Everyone has problems now and then.

Take care and keep us posted,
  10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

I had a wonderful day yesterday and managed to do 3 loads of laundry to help my husband get ready for his trip this weekend.

I know that sounds simple, but being able to leave the house to go downstairs is a victory for me since my daughter's doing better now. It also felt good to do something to help the poor guy out.

I even made a ham for dinner last night!

Today I need to go to base and we need to get new ID's done. I'm looking forward to it since my hair has changed so much in the last 5 years.

Ellen, that's such a shame those people are treating you like that at work, but I'm glad you have so many supporters to help you out.

And hurray for the blood work too.....

Hope all the others are doing well this week.

Hugs all,

11. LenoreR

LenoreR New Member

NOT that anyone is worrying about me because ya'all knew I'd be away this week, but I just HAD to see how everyone was and now is the fist chance I've had to do it.

Nancy "taught" me how to open a new window to reply to everybody, but I couln't do it on my laptop, so if I leave anyone out, blame it on "midnight at the laptop"!

Nancy, would love to see a pic of the new hair. I agree with everyone that for us women, haircuts can be a great pick me up. Anne Theresa, you and sweetie are adorable! Ellen, Yayyyyy on the diabeitic question; Boooooooo on the BS at work. It sounds to me like you took a deep breath, lined up your ducks, and are putting them in the water. They'll swim, you'll see! I also hate it when people go behind our backs. They are probably just jealous that you are getting what they perceive as "special treatment" (using vacation days and such)-- let THEM live your life for a week--sheesh! Though they have one thing to be jealous about; that you are too awesome for their petty little lives. I'm really sorry you got into it with your cousin--that's stress you really don't need.

Linda, I hope your son is managing better. Someone wrote that their kid has asthma/allergies; I went through all that a few years ago. Best course of action is to get the asthma/allergies under control, then try to control as much of the environment also. My little one's allergies got MUCH worse about 4 months ago; he was already taking Zyrtec (we all were and it just went OTC) so we addedSingulair and he is much better. Singulair is also a great maintenance asthma med. Good luck and when I get back I can help more on this subject, if you want.

The City of Brotherly Love hasn't been so lovely between the siblings. Those of you with daughters over the age of 13; I don't know how you or they are still standing! (GRIN) Yesterday we ran me right into the ground in the Old City; today Bob did the driving out and back from Hershey and the Amish country. I'd been many times growing up, but for everyone else it was a new experience and we all loved it. Much less walking for me (we even took a buggy tour) and with them all plugged into Ipods, DVDs, cell phones and stuff in the car there was much less infighting. Oh I forgot-- my daughter came out of the cast Monday morning, two HOURS before we had to leave, but is a boot/crutches, so we brought my wheelchair for her. The sacrifices Moms make.....maybe I'll just sit on her next time she mouths off! lol

I hope the rest of the week is peaceful for all. I'm going to go to bed now since I have to be up again in 7 hours. Maybe I'll make it 8........

Hugs to all,
  12. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Thanks so much for your kind words. The more I think about it, the more I think this is less about me. Joanna (my second cousin), has always been very adamant about wanting a full-time secretary. I think with them moving to another building, their dept. saw this as another chance for them to try to a full-time secretary. But with me trying to the job, I was ruining it for them. So they had to come up with something to ruin the chances for me getting the job. Because I know I haven't made any mistakes working for them. They don't give me that much work to do, and when they do, it's easy things like reserving a room, putting a form in their box, running copies, etc. How could I mess up things like that?

Dr. Nesbary just happened to be in my building and popped his head into my office a short while ago. He said he was going to be gone for a few days, but wanted to meet with me next week. I have a letter ready to give him. If the Communication Dept. is lying (which I think they are) it will come out in the letter. But the letter also moves on and talks about my qualifications for the job and some ideas I have for possible job scenarios for myself. I need to update my resume, which I will have done for tomorrow. I also have letter of recommendation and the list of signature of professors who say they believe I do quality work and do not take too much time off. I plan to give all of this to him tomorrow. I don't know if he will have much time to look this over before our meeting, but at least he will have it.

On Tuesday, I went to an opthamalogist to finally try and solve the mystery of my blurry vision. My husband recommend his eye doctor. He dilated my eyes and said my eyes are healthy. None of my medications are to blame. He wants me to come back today at 1:00 to check my eyes again without any medication in them to see if maybe I am just wearing a wrong prescription. If that's not the problem, then he said he doesn't know what my problem is.

Lenore: I am glad you survived your trip, but it sounds like it was a challenge with your kids!

Terri: I'm sorry your husband has had problems at work, too. I guess everyone has problems if you work long enough, unfortunately.

Anne Theresa: Thanks for the encouraging words. It's great to have friends like you who offer support.

Nancy: It sounds like you were ready for a change with your new haircut. I guess it will be easy to take care of since it is so short and will be cool for summer.

To-do list:

-appt. with eye doctor
    -pick up bread at wholesale place
    -pool therapy class
    -vacuum hard floors upstairs
    -(no dinner to fix-I made chili yesterday!)

13. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I walked a lot yesterday with my iPod (how did I ever manage without one?). I'm tired today so probably won't go for as long a walk, but I'll get around the block at least and then do a wee bit on my elliptical machine.

Since I've made weight-loss & getting back in shape my priority, I've been doing well with it even though the scales are stuck on my max. It was always a struggle to drop weight when I was younger but it's doubly difficult now with age and FMS in the way. Persevere, that's all I can do.

Terri, I agree with you (and Dr.D.) that having problems at work is better than having problems at home. We all need home as a sanctuary and when there are troubles in the home we're left vulnerable in the world. I hope your husband's work issues are soon resolved.

Nancy, it's nice you had a productive day yesterday, getting laundry done and baking a ham. Your being able to do such things being dependent on your daughter's state of wellness must limit you in many ways.

I hope your daughter's wellness continues for her own sake but also so you'll have many more days of being able to live for yourself, with only a nominal concern for you daughter.

Lenore, it sounds like you're having a good time, sightseeing & spending time with family. It's nice to get away. Sweetie and I have two little excursions planned for summer/fall as well as a trip up north to visit my youngest son. It's nice to have such fun excursions & outings to look toward.

Your making good progress, Ellen, toward resolving the issues at work and having your hours increased. With all the departmental shifts, it will be like a different job completely - am I correct? I hope your ophthalmologist is able to find the cause and effective treatment for your blurry vision.

To Do Today

fold & put away laundry
    research some ideas for my garden (my tulips are peeking through! whohoo!)
    set appointment to renew health card ID. (thanks Nancy for reminding me of this)
    iTunes tutorial - learn how to download (upload?) photos to iPod
    walk and/or elliptical machine
    sweep & spot clean hardwood floors

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  14. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi all,
    I have been sick with a cold all week. It is going into my chest but I don't think it will become bronchitis.

Nancy, your new cut sounds nice. I bet it is very cute. i love jamie lee curtis' look. My hair doesn't look good short but i wish it did!

Lenorer mentioned a window to open to see others post? How do you do this? It would make it easier to respond.

Therapy appointment
    order supplements
    clean paperwork and books in bedroom
    clean up toys
    order special needs items for son
    rest and plenty of fluids

hugs to all!
  15. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all.....

Sorekitty, you just hold the 'shift' key while clicking the 'reply' button and you'll get a separate page which allows you to peek at the other page to remember what you need. I do it all the time unless my blood sugar is low, then I always forget.

Anne Theresa, did you end up staying on your new med or has the doc changed it for you? Is it still causing weight gain?

Ellen, I hope things work out for you with the extra hours at work. I'll be thinking about you and sending warm wishes your way.

How did it go at the eye doc's office? You have so much on your plate right now......

Lenore, I love your sense of humor and I hope your trip will be an experience to remember.

Terri, I'm sorry your hubby is having problems at work too...

Today I might go grocery shopping before hubby leaves early tomorrow. It will help him if I go by myself since he still needs to pack for his trip and his focus is always making sure I'm all set before he leaves.

Need to do some checkbook work again, not sure why I've started delaying this and procrastinating....

Also someone reminded me I need to do a complete reorder of my supplements from Pro Health. They've done away with some of my favorite supps so I need to cancel my order and start new again, yuck!

And I've been working a bit each day to get my house in order. We've become a bit lazy with putting things away and I used to be such a neat housekeeper. So each day I'm doing a little bit of tidying up around here and it's beginning to show now.

And if I don't look exhausted after grocery shopping, I'll have hubby take a pic before he leaves so I can post the new do.

Hugs all,

16. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Ladies:

I'm back to working Fridays again. I've used up my extra vacation time plus a little extra. It's also busy around here since it's the end of the school year.

Well, the opthamologist said my prescription is a little off, especially my right eye, but he doesn't recommend me getting new contacts. He said that with my age and dry eye problems, that my life with contacts is coming to a close. I told him I really don't like wearing glasses, and he recommended Lasik surgery. They have someone in their office who does it. They have a payment plan that gives you a year to pay for it. So I made an appt. on the 29th to see if I am a candidate for the surgery or not. Of course I know this isn't a good time for our finances. Harry said he would think about it.

I delivered my letters, resume, list of professors' signatures, and letters or recommendations today to Dr. Nesbary and Mike Ayre (who is techniqually my boss even though I never see him). Dr. Nesbary popped his head in the office yesterday and said he wants to meet with me next week. So say a prayer and cross your fingers for me this all works out!

Another thing that happened this week. Cathie Royer from Art Dept. said she would really like me to work a little during the summers to help her. She said if I could work until the end of May that would be good for her. I said I could if Dr. Nesbary would approve it. I will mention to him that Nancy McClure (another secretary who works in an academic building like I do) works until the end of May. As long as Cathie has enough work to keep me busy, I would think that if one secretary can work until the end of May, why can't I? (I won't say it quite like that, but you get the idea). That will give me two more weeks in the summer with a paycheck. I will check with the other two academic building secretaries to see how long they work.

Jim is doing much better now. His bronchities is almost gone. Good thing I took him into the clinic and got him on the medication a week ago.

I've had so much going on lately, I feel like my head is swimming. But I know I will get through this. I have a feeling this will turn out well.

Nancy: I hope Katy is doing okay (I'm glad we finally know her name!) so you can continue to get your own life in order.

Linda: How are you doing? Last time you posted, I'm thinking you were in the middle of a flare-up.

Anne Theresa: I'm sorry you are not having in results on the scale. Try not to let that discourage you. Keep walking and watching what you eat. It will eventually start moving.

Lenore: So how is your crazy life going? Hope your
    daughter is doing okay.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

To-do list:

-cash a check Jim's guardian sent me
    -get a haircut
    -get bread at wholesale place (they didn't have much
    bread yesterday)
    -wash bedding
    -dinner: leftover chili (Lenore: get something out for

To-do list for weekend:

-finish spring cleaning bathroom
    -dust bedroom
    -pick up pinecones in the yard (if it doesn't rain)
    -read and relax

Have a good weekend, everyone!

17. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

B flat.....haha, just kidding!

I have a lot to do today, because my BIL is coming for a short visit. He'll stay until next Wednesday, when he goes to see Mother. She is happily back home and doing very well, so I guess we won't bug her so much to move out here into an assisted living. I think they are happiest in their own homes, right??

To Do:

Make a pie....probably key lime
    teach some make up students

Have a good weekend and here's a hug!!
  18. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all.

It's raining today, greening the grass and washing away the last of the snow. Tulip-stems are peeking through the garden's soil and I look forward to seeing their flower-faces. Tulips (and lilacs) are my favourite flowers!

It looks like three out of five of the perennials, we planted last summer have survived the winter. Not too bad a return, for novice gardeners. Any advice/suggestions on hearty, flowering perennials would be greatly appreciated. I want to have an idea of what to buy in time for next month's trip to the nursery.

Sorekitty, I'm sorry you're unwell and I hope your cold symptoms ease up soon. Take good care, rest as much as you're able.

To answer your question Nancy, Yes, I'm still on the Remeron. My weight seems to have settled with a gain of 20 lbs. I told myself I'd try (until my next doctor's appointment) to lose weight or else talk to the doctor about going off the med.

My doctor's appointment is this coming Monday and to-date, I haven't lost any weight but I've stopped gaining, at least. I don't like weighing this much but the med has been helpful so I'm hesitant to go off of it.

I have to think about it some more and talk to the doctor but I expect my decision will be to stay on it another month at least, while I continue to try to lose weight. Thanks for asking. Responding to you has helped me clarify in my own mind, how I feel about the situation. It helps to talk things over with friends, for sure, it does.

Ellen, it's nice to see you on a Friday. I've wondered about the Lasik surgery for myself. Like you, I'm not a fan of wearing glasses and I have dry-eye issues that causes problems wearing contacts.

It seems everything is beginning to fall into place for you, work-wise. I'm glad you're feeling optimistic about everything working out to your advantage. That's the surest indicator that all will be well.

ah, Terri, your musician's humour had me stumped for a minute. B-flat indeed! I hope you have a nice visit with BIL. It's good to hear your mother (in-law?) is doing well in her own home. I expect everyone's preference for how and where to live is unique but it sounds like your mom is happiest in her home, at least for the time being.

To-Do List

inquire about new health card - carried over from yesterday
    gardening information - carried over from yesterday
    walk, if the rain lets up, or use elliptical machine
    clean inside of fridge
    meal plan & grocery list
    review & update household budget
    shower & shampoo

Tomorrow, sweetie & I are going to a play with my (twenty-year-old) niece. The play is a dramatic work, Betrayal by Harold Pinter. It's a bit different from my usual fare of feel-good comedies & musicals but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
    [This Message was Edited on 04/11/2008]
  19. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Good morning!

My BIL arrived safely and it's always nice to see him. Anne Theresa- yup, it's my mother-in-law who lives in her own home yet and is 87. She's doing quite well but does get lonesome....when we talk on the phone, she is full of questions. So her mind is sharp!

Ellen- I don't know if you saw my crockpot post, but there are several recipes on it for you. I know you had a very different week- you probably are glad that one is over. I pray all goes well with your job.

I had a physical recently, and my thyroid tested low.....does anyone have any natural suggestions to help thyroid? I'm starting to research it, since I'll have to retest in two months. Maybe that's why I've put on 5 lbs. since Christmas.

Linda- I miss hearing from you....I know you've been having a rough time lately. Drop us a line when you can.

Everyone else- I hope you have a nice weekend. We celebrated 70 degrees yesterday- soooo nice!

Take care,
  20. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Any particular reason why you're looking for natural thyroid products?

I don't know anything about them, but I know how much my thyroid meds helped me although it took awhile.

Not sure what your doc goes by but the new guidelines state that 3.3 THS is hypothyroid now and I had to do some convincing to get my doc to put me on the meds.

A great web site for information is About.com Mary Shomon does a great newsletter too.

As for today's to do list, I have piddled and putzed around the house and got a whole bunch of little things done.

It's straightened up much better now (I used to be a neat freak) and I still have a bit more to do.

Hubby left early on his trip this morning and I did sleep through it.....

Hugs all,