What's on your TO DO list Dec 13 - 19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Dec 14, 2010.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

With all that terrible white stuff piled outside my windows, my motivation to leave the apartment is nil - it's terribly cold out there. I may even have the pharmacy deliver my medication rather than pick it up the way I usually do (even though the pharmacy is just down the street from my home) because I have such a complete aversion to winter. Brrr.

Some of the below to-do list items are things I've been procrastinating on and they need to be attended to this week.

take out garbage
    make phone calls
    friend coming for visit
    paper filing
    household budget
    go to gym

I look forward to hearing from each of you,

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi Anne Theresa and Merry Christmas! I have not even been near the site, so you'll have to forgive my not writing. But I have been thinking about you......and the rest that check in here!
    Today I am subbing at a junior high. I am directing band, and the kids have the "I want to be out on holiday break" jitters! But they do all right if I keep them busy. They have a little school concert tomorrow, so we have rehearsing that I can do.....gotta keep them busy!
    Right now I have a free period, so thought I would check in.

Sorry you haven't been able to get out......cold and wintry here too. We are hoping to cross the Canadian border on Saturday to visit my son and new daughter in law......that is, roads permitting. Snow is expected again on Saturday, which could delay our trip by a day or two. We plan to stay in a hotel one night, then head back the next day. It is a four hour trip each way, and I did NOT want to do it all in one day! RLS makes car trips no fun!

I am still trying (trying!) to maintain a gluten free diet. It has helped with less RLS, so it is worth doing. But all of the Christmas goodies are so tempting! And filled with gluten, as you can imagine. I made some rice flour shortbread cookies last night, and hubby said, "Aren't you going to make us some regular cookies?" Of course, I will.......but if I make them too early, they just disappear.

Are you still able to use your pool in the wintertime? I can't recall if it is indoors or outdoors, which would definitely make it a polar bear swim! :) I have not been exercising as I should be- I'm waiting for life to slow down a bit, but that's not happening! Excuses, excuses...

Well, take care of yourself. We will hope for some more people logging on here, but if not, it was lovely talking to you, A.T.!

Hugs, Terri
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Hi Terri. It's so nice of you to take time from your busy day to post. I used to just love attending school concerts when my boys were that age. Especially at Christmastime, the concerts were heart-warming and such fun.

I relate to the temptation of Christmas goodies - they're everywhere I look. I've already put on a few pounds and it's not even Christmas yet! I'm determined to get back on track, I've worked too hard to lose those 60 pounds to allow them to come creeping back!

Congratulations on following the gluten free diet. I'm glad you're seeing some benefit from the change in your diet. Good for you!

To answer your question, our pool is indoors but the water seems colder in the winter (the pool is in an all-glass room and in the summer the hot sun warms the water) and so it's not comfortable for me. (Cold water triggers pain). We do have a hot-tub in the room though, and that's always nice and warm.

This has been a strange week for me. I've been under-the-weather and I spent most of my time this week resting and watching TV. I'm supposed to go to a dinner-party tonight but I don't feel well enough and I'm agonizing over having to call the hostess to send my regrets. I don't know why it's so hard for me to do this but it is.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa