What's on your 'To Do' List Dec 15th to 21st -Yikes!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Dec 14, 2008.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Very little left on my to do list for today...hubby finally got in this morning so I need to do his weekly pill packs as soon as he unpacks them.

The puppy loved him, so glad that went well...went crazy kissing his neck when he got home. What a great way to greet people.

I cooked homemade chicken soup for lunch today, I always try to make something that will get hubby interested in food at our times when he's jet lagged.

I had a horrible night's sleep last night. A large picture came crashing to the floor at 2:30 in the morning and even with 2 Tylenol PM's I wasn't able to fall back to sleep until after 5:00 am. Yuck....so I've canceled my eye exam for tomorrow, there was no way I was going to be able to pick up the paperwork today, then go tomorrow...plus I had a doc appt on Wed.

Terri, I'll bet you're relieved that your parents are going to be near family now. Hope that takes some worry from your shoulders.

Hope all are doing well and will find a few minutes to check in this week.

[This Message was Edited on 12/15/2008]
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hmm, noticed the dates Nancy. Haven't begun my cards, and other than outside lights, have not decorated inside. Bah Humbug!

I'm glad your puppy approves of your husband! Maybe your DH will be allowed to stay! LOL Your soup sounds wonderful! I hope you get some sleep tonight. Lack of, certainly sets the tone of the day(s).

Showered today. Slept into early afternoon due to not sleeping till 6 a.m. Feel like a slug! Hurting all over with this weather of ours! Everything else is hunky dorey!

Thanks for sharing about your son, Nancy. It does help to remember we are not the first parents, and definitley the last to deal with 'kid worries'. You certainly have your plate full!

3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi all,
    A busy week, what with concerts and trying to get my cards out. I haven't even done one card yet.....

Nancy, I am relieved the folks are near my siblings, but there are a lot of problems so far. It seems my brother feels he has bitten off more than he can chew.....they haven't found any doctors yet, Dad fell again yesterday and had to go to the hospital, and no one is too happy yet. My dad's skin condition is so bad (from prednisone) that they may not allow him to stay permanently at this facility. I hope something can be worked out so that they can still be together.

Sorry to be kind of a downer, but I'm worried about them all!

I hope some more people check in this week....let us know how you are doing.

4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends, My fatigue has been incredible these past few days. Yesterday I managed to make up my weekly pill dispensers and I swept the floor and believe me, those two small things took a herculean effort.

Also yesterday, I sat in my chair and wept for several hours due to my eldest son being out of touch and the prospect of not seeing him at Christmas. The cry helped and fed my determination to make a nice Christmas for my youngest son and his girlfriend, as well as sweetie and I, and to give my issues, worry and grief over to God. I feel lighter in this regard, though still overwhelmed with fatigue.

I decided to take a break from weight-watchers, and then rejoin in January. As it stands, I have to lose ten pounds before I get credit for losing (because I've gained ten pounds since joining) and that's a daunting prospect. By re-joining in January, I can begin anew at my present weight and hopefully effect a downward trend.

Also, related to my weight issues, I've decided to stop using the steroid medication altogether. Due to this horrid medication, I've gained at a rate of one pound per week for the past year. That's crazy! Getting this weight off and increasing my fitness level is my number one priority from here on.

Nancy, I'm glad Samson gave your hubby his stamp of approval :) I hope you've been able to catch up on your sleep and are feeling better today.

Kim, your sleep schedule sounds like mine lately. I hate it when I'm wide-eyed all night, then sleep into the afternoon. I was late getting my Christmas decoration up this year too. The holiday spirit is coming in dribs and drabs this year.

Terri, I'm sorry you have such worry about your parents and their well being. God bless them. I hope you can set your worry aside & take some joy from your upcoming concerts.

I won't make a to-do list today but I'll do my best to take a shower, wash my hair and tidy the house.

It's a difficult time of year, isn't it? and doubly-so for people with chronic illness. One step in front of the other, arm in arm with the Lord, we'll make it through.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hello everyone. It was good seeing Terri and Anne Theresa posts!

My heart goes out to your family, and the difficulties you're having with your parents. How difficult it must be. Is there a family doctor your family uses, who could maybe step in, give recommendations,etc. and try to make some progress. It is sad, and frustrating too. Hugs to you... If you don't get your cards out, it's fine!This was meant for you Terri. My mind!

Anne Theresa, I am sorry you are not felling well. I think you are smart with starting WW after the holidays. I am too. There is enough stress with many other things. I am sorry about your oldest son. Our children have the ability to hurt us, much more than they even know. My grandma used the saying, "When they're little they step on your toes. When they are older they step on you heart". I have found that to be very true. I love the ending sentence you wrote in your post. You are so right. God bless you, Anne Theresa.

I did manage to put up home decorations. Not much in comparison to how I used to decorate. I'm already looking forward to taking them down. Christmas' are difficult for me. For me, the over commercial of this holiday has taken away the true meaning (for me). So I try to stay more focused on the true spirit! Slept till 11:30 a.m. this morning, Anne Theresa. My body feels extremely slowed down. I think it's partially due to SAD, problems with our son, and the stress of the holidays.

Nancy, I hope you, Katy, DH, and Sampson are doing well.

Hugs to all,

[This Message was Edited on 12/16/2008]
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Terri, I'm so sorry your Dad fell again and that the move hasn't been everything you thought it would be. I'm sure your brother does feel overwhelmed.... I'm curious about your Dad's skin condition....Katy has one too on her hands and feet.

They crack, peel and bleed, get pustules, blisters and we haven't figured out why or found something that really works to alleviate the symptoms. She has a cream from England that I rub on her feet. It's a peeling agent but we have yet to see them healthy in all of the months that she's been out of the hospital.

Anne Theresa, bless you....you've had a rough time of it lately. I don't blame you for postponing WW for awhile. I don't think any of us feel as well in winter as we do in the warmer months and medication weight gain is so difficult to deal with.

I'm so sorry that everything isn't going well with your oldest, but I hope that cry was cleansing. I truly do understand......

Kim, sorry but you made me giggle describing putting up less decorations this year. My tree is an 18" table top tree this year since my husband's fiber optic stopped lighting up, lol. Last year I decked every hall, brought out all of my decorations because my son and Dad came. This year it's just pitiful.....but it'll do and it fits my mood.

Today is my doc appt and I'm looking forward to it. We'll check on the bloodwork we had done last time. One was for my thyroid and the other for the likelihood of ovarian cancer. Since I've had my cervix removed and a hysterectomy due to pre-cancer I am concerned about my chances of ovarian cancer as well. What are the odds? (For me pretty good)

I also want to have my Effexor increased if my thyroid meds aren't. Something is off, I can feel it.

Maybe we should all find a tropical island for the winter months. Sit on lounge chairs with tropical drinks (just dreaming here) with hot hunky men waiting on us.

7. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

We all sound like we are in the same place with the holidays this year! I haven't even gotten my cards yet. I usually do a picture card but I may just buy a box and send them out! I highly recommend watching the movies "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Miracle on 34th St" if you want to feel the true meaning of Christmas and are depressed or just not into the season this year.

Nancy-Yum Chicken soup sounds wonderful! So glad the puppy is working out. So funny you mention an island with hunky men. On my mom's autism support board we are always talking about moving all our families to an island and we will have Cabana boys serving us!

Kim-It's okay to be a slug sometimes (lol), but sorry you are hurting. I'm really sad to hear about your son, hugs

Terri-I am really sorry about your parents situation. I know how stressful that can be & must be extra hard since you live far from them.

Anne Theresa-Oh man, the fatigue. I feel for you! I'm sorry about your son. Crying really does help. I bet once you are off the steroids your weight will come off easier.

Well, I woke up with a pounding headache at 4 am this morning. We had a disasterous IEP meeting with the school district yesturday. They were actually very disrespectuful to us and we were totally respectful of them. We were not asking for anything outragous, in fact way less than we could be. We had our psch there and our ed consultant there and it didn't seem to help much. I have been attending IEP meetings since Liam was 3 years old. This is the first one that I cried at. Once I started crying I couldn't stop. I remember nothing after I began crying. We planned to meet again in January. I am *so* pissed. I will be calling the district to complain and to request that one of the district people attend our next meeting.

To do:
    Speak with our psych about the horrible meeting and what she thought

Call Regional Center service coordinator and request an ed consult who I know is a bulldog

Dollar store for sensory items for Liam

Homework with Liam, then therapy for 2 hours (in-home)

Make gfcf muffins with carrots and zucchini that my lil guy actually loves!

It is raining here!!!!! We got 3 inches last week and this week we are getting a lot too:)

Edit to add***Oh man, I forgot we have a pack Cub Scouts meeting tonight. My son needs one on one for that and I know I will be tired. Should I let my husband go alone and have my son go wild or should I help. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!![This Message was Edited on 12/17/2008]
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

I had a wonderful day for a change yesterday, I actually woke up feeling human for the first time in a long time.

I went to my doc appt, had my Effexor increased...blood work was fine. Then I went grocery shopping, had lunch with hubby, ran a few more errands and it was so good to get out of the house, I almost didn't want to go home.

Katy's hoping to get out of the house today too so maybe we'll go shopping and have lunch out.

Molly.....you have so much on your plate and I'm so sorry that the meeting didn't go well.

Not sure if it'll make you feel better but everyone I've spoken too still has not sent out their Christmas cards either, me included. Katy wrote mine out one day while I was sleeping but they haven't hit the mailbox yet.....hope they do eventually!

Hugs all,

9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

For those of you who can't sleep, have you ever tried Trazadone? It's an anti depressant but really doesn't work for that because all it does it put you to sleep!

I've been on it now for close to 3 years and I get a solid 8 to 9 hours each night. I take it at 7:30 and by 9:00 I'm out cold. It's made such a difference for me.

Katy and I just got back from shopping and lunch out so I'm pooped!

10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Merry Christmas to each of you. May your season be bright.

I seldom get here anymore, knowing very few names, but wanted to send my wishes to you all.

We have been very busy with life, lately, and it seems to limit my time to drop in here. But, the site is still on my favorites and I'm still a member, having made the transition successfully!

Blessing to each!

11. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm happy to tell you I received a message from my eldest son. It was only a single-sentence email but carried the promise that we'll see him over the holidays. This is the first we've heard from him since March - though I've left him monthly phone messages and an occasional email, he hasn't responded until now. Sadly, these lapses in communication are typical for hm. While I'm still no closer to understanding his tendency to be out of touch, my heart is relieved and joyful to have heard from him. I'm not sure when my small family will celebrate Christmas this year (tentatively the weekend of the 3rd of January) but I'm greatly looking forward. Thank God.

Sue, it's wonderful to hear from you! I'm glad you've transitioned to our new site and are still a member. I hope you're well, that your busyness is a symptom of improved health with many good days. Please stop by and visit whenever the opportunity occurs, Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year!

Nancy, I second your recommendation of trazadone as a sleep aid. I use it "as needed" but I typically make the mistake of waiting for too long, taking it too late at night, and then sleeping through the morning. In an effort to reclaim my mornings, I'm going to try taking it regularly at 9 pm like you do, hopefully then I'll sleep the night through and be able to rise at a decent hour. I hope your "feeling well" continues. It's wonderful to get a break like that; it really makes you appreciate a sense of well-being.

Linda, you seem to be handling your busy days and pacing yourself wisely - good for you! Thanks for your support in my taking a break from Weight-Watchers, I appreciate it. I hope you have fun baking and enjoy your outing to see the lights. I just love Christmas lights; some of the houses in my neighbourhood are just breathtaking!

Molly, I'm sorry about your disastrous meeting and I hope the issues can be put right. Even so, the toll such an encounter takes emotionally cannot be restored, nor can your suffering be offset by further consultation. I would say an apology is in order, though I doubt one will be forthcoming. We go through such a lot for our children; there are not many other reasons for which we would withstand such stress. God bless you - Liam is a fortunate young man to have such a devoted parent willing to fight that his needs be met.

Kim, I'm glad you managed to put out some Christmas decorations, even a few small things can transform a room and let the Christmas spirit shine through. Thanks for sharing your grandmother's saying "When they're little they step on your toes. When they are older they step on you heart" it's very true. I relate to your feeling like your body has slowed down, I feel the same way and for similar reasons as you (SAD, concern for my son, stress). I will join your quest to remain focused on the true spirit of Christmas this year and not allow the commercialization of the season to steal my joy.

Terri, I hope you're doing well with your busy week, enjoying your preparations for the holidays as well as your concerts. Although it's easy to become saturated with all the holiday music in the malls etc. there's nothing as beautiful as some of the old Christmas hymns. I hope, through your musical gifts, you're able to enjoy this aspect of the holiday.

I've had these past few days as a pre-Christmas rest and I've spent lots of quiet time, indoors. Tomorrow, I plan to go out for a manicure/pedicure, then to the mall if I have the energy. I have yet to buy sweetie's gift and I hope to do that tomorrow. Then, tomorrow evening, sweetie and I plan to wrap gifts. On Saturday, we plan to do our holiday grocery shop and then the festivities begin with the first of our company.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

12. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Yay- Christmas vacation starts after school today! I'm as bad as the kids.....

In fact, I think the boys and I will make cookies today during our school time. I haven't done anything like that with them for some time, so I think they will enjoy it. I really need to cook with them more often- it's something everyone needs to know.

Thank you all for your concern about my folks.....they are doing some better. My dad had a first doctor appointment yesterday, and the van from his place took him. My brother was out of town, so I was glad he could get there.

Nancy, you asked about his skin condition. He started getting diabetic blistering (bullous pemphigus) after he had a pacemaker put in, and I think the two are related. He had some contrast dye used, and I think that's what set this off. So he remains on prednisone indefinitely, which makes his skin rotten.....it tears soooo easily. Prednisone also makes it very difficult to stabilize his blood sugars....they swing so much. My mom is feeling like a fish out of water, because she was used to driving and now they don't have their car. She spends time walking the dog but is bored. I think my brother will make another trip down to Arkansas soon and bring back their car.

Anne Theresa- I'm glad you received word from your son. Hopefully you will get together soon and that it will be a blessing to you all. God bless.

Linda- good to hear from you! I like your newsy letters...and you are ahead of me with your cards all sent. I have a long way to go yet...

Molly and Kim- I'm praying that you both will have a welcome respite in the holidays ahead.

There are others I should reply to, but I'm afraid I'll lose my post! Duh......
    Wish me luck- my student recital is tonight!

Holiday hugs,