What's on your 'To Do' List Dec 1st to 7th

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Nov 30, 2008.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Wow the weeks are flying by this year....

We still haven't gotten the puppy yet. The breeder is still waiting for the Dutch Kennel Club for paperwork and micro chipping. Now I'm just worried how we'll get him at all with hubby leaving on Saturday.

The breeder also has Fibro and isn't feeling well either.

I had a nice weekend, managed to cook a small Thanksgiving dinner for the 3 of us, and our traditional pot of chili the next day since Christmas decorations came out. Bless Katy, she did the work decorating for me.

I've been feeling terrible with allergies all weekend and haven't gotten much done at all. Told hubby it's like waking up with the worst cold of your life every single day.

I don't have anything planned for today, just hoping I'll feel better soon.

Hugs all,

2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Sorry you're not feeling well, Nancy. Hope that your allergies subside soon. Have you tried Zyrtec? It used to help me, now I get allergy shots and don't need it any more.

Both our son and daughter have had numerous car problems, but now they are solved (for the time being.) My son got his transmission replaced and he can make payments on that. My daughter was loaned a car by a generous young couple in our church. They said to use it 6 months if she wants to....amazing. There really are some nice people out there!

We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner- there were 9 of us all together. My mother-in-law, my son's girlfriend from Canada, and a friend came to dinner. Everything turned out well- even the gravy! I find gravy challenging to make, so I don't make it too often. We still have some leftovers! :)

To do:
    Take a meal to someone who had surgery

Hugs to all,
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Hi all. I never reply to these posts because I think I'd rather be in denial over my list of things to do, but I'm thinking I could use this as my checklist!

Work -
    Call ins. company - son got in BAD accident. Car may be totaled (thank Goodness he's okay)
    Call police officer to get more details
    Conf. call tonight with job # 3
    Get invitations out for party on Dec. 13th.

Conf. Call 7:45 am - with job # 2
    Work job # 1
    inventory for job # 3
    Get ready for Purse party (job # 3) following day

Purse party (at Dr.s office) mid day- train 3 new girls
    Lots of work to do for job # 2

Conf call Job # 2
    Work Job # 1
    Lunch meeting Job # 2
    back to work Job # 1

Every night, have pick up for job # 3 with other girls at my house
    Mornings, drop offs, go over $ and paperwork.
    Make deposits, submit forms online.
    Shuttle son back and forth to school.

Friday -
    Work Job # 1

This is why I'm in denial. =) I also suffer terribly from Fibro -

OH - Christmas is coming....I have nightmares every year that I don't get out shopping and I wake up and it's Christmas. I have to run to the gas station for gifts. I'm kind of nervous that that actually may happen!
  4. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

I am very depressed. My b-day was yesturday. I was too sick with these dds to bake a gfcf cake. My dh and I went to lunch and to sit by the beach we had a sitter and all. We had to come home so I could crash. I slept for over 2 hours. The fatigue has come back with a vengence and now I have pain which I haven't had in a long time. My neck and also my thumbs feel like I have arthritis. Lately I need 2 hours sleep each day as well as the eight hours at night. I cannot think straight. Everything feels disorganized and I want to just give up. I need to fight the school district for an aide for my little boy but I can't even keep my head above water.

I can't do this. I have been really worried that I will die soon and my ds will not have a mom. I am not able to treat my Lyme disease right now. I can hardly follow my nutritional supplement plan and my allergy free diet.

I have no motivation.

I dropped off my ds at school and his classroom got flooded over the holiday. I knew this change may throw him off so I stayed til his teacher came to pick them up in the playground. All of the items in the classroom were out front of it. It was empty with one of those fans on to dry out the room. His teacher said she had been crying all morning. I feel so bad. I am worried about my son and hope he does okay today. Everytime the phone rings i check caller id to see if it is the school.

To do:
    Call lyme dr to see if I am still on wait list. Done I am still #125 on their list
    Go to Michael's for storage bins for toys
    clean house it is a disaster
    One worksheet of homework with ds before behavioral therapist comes
    work with behavioral therapist (toy bins) etc

Nancy-I have really bad allergies too. I take prescription meds. How nice your dd could decorate. That must cheer you up.

Terri-Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving and lots of luck is coming to your family!

Janalynn-Welcome! LOL about your denial comment.

BILLCAMO New Member

So , #1 is now to find it ! ;>)

I did remember to go pick up the "puppy poopies" today. Fortunately , she is a tiny toy poodle....since I found almost as many with my shoes as I did with the shovel.:>) That made me #1 when I came into the house ! LOL .....So , #2 was to clean my shoes.........(Or is that #2 off the shoes?). :>}

May all of you get a smile :>) from my "stepping in it" ! :>) lol

Blessings ,

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all.....

Terri, I'm so glad you had a nice holiday and that your kids are back on the road again.

Janalynn I'm exhausted just reading your to do list, but this is a good way to keep track of things.

Molly bless you.....do you keep your pills in weekly reminder plastic holders? We all have them here and it helps so much.

About two years or so ago, my husband tested positive for Lyme about the same time he tested pos for EBV as well. None of the doctors did anything here for him so I bought Steven Buhner's book about treating Lyme with supplements.

I had him on the supps for a little over a year and his last test was neg. I know Resveratrol and Cat's Claw were on the core list but can't remember the rest at the moment. At one time we thought he'd have to go on disability but the core supplement program helped him so much.

Please rest when you can, we've all been through flairs like you're describing but please don't ignore the depression. It's always possible that something else could be wrong....possibly thyroid problem?

Bill, I always get a smile when you post.....

I did manage to sew 2 pr of jammy pants yesterday, vacuumed the house and did a swiffer mop in some of the worst places.

Not sure what I'll manage today. Katy's had another med change so I have to wait and see.

Hugs all,

7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Molly- a belated happy birthday to you.....it was nice that you and your husband could spend some time together, even if it was short. I hope your energy improves.

Welcome, Janalynn! I'm glad your son is OK after that accident.....that must have been scary. You have a lot on your plate, judging from your to do list.

Nancy- hope Katy adjusts to her med change all right.

My dad fell again yesterday but wasn't hurt badly. He really needs to get out of the house and into assisted living- Mom too. Hopefully my brother will help that to happen when he goes down next week.

To do list:
    clean house
    take Mother to the dollar store

8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I over-did it on Friday by going to the movies (Bolt, it was good) and shopping at the mall with my niece. We had a great time but it was far too soon after my dental surgery to be out gallivanting around and so I crashed afterward and have been bed-bound up until today.

I canceled an appointment yesterday (I could not get up and out the door, no matter how hard I tried) and sent regrets to my WW meeting this eve., After this one more day of rest, I plan to get back to the world via a hairdresser's appointment tomorrow.

I have a few things on my to-do list but the only must-do is a shower & shampoo. The rest I'll do as I can over this afternoon and evening.

put laundry away
    put dishes away, clean counters and sink
    make grocery list
    elliptical machine
    phone re: counseling
    read & rest
    water houseplants
    empty wastebaskets

Nancy, I'm sorry you're feeling poorly and I hope you feel better soon. It's nice you have your decorations out. Christmas decorations make a home feel warm and cozy, I think.

Terri, I'm glad you had such a nice holiday. It's great your family's car issues have been solved. How wonderful of those people to make a loan of their car to your daughter, very kind-hearted & generous of them. I'm sorry you're Dad took another tumble, glad he's okay. I hope your brother will be able to help sort out your parent's living arrangements.

Welcome to the thread Janalyn! Your to-do list is huge but, hopefully, having it organized this way will be a help to you.

Molly, it's been such a struggle for you lately, no wonder you feel so tired. Depression, on top of these DD, can make everything feel so much more difficult; motivation disappears, hope fades and we seem to lose sight of the meaning and purpose in our life. I'll say a little prayer for you and hope you begin to feel better. Happy Belated Birthday!

Thanks for the smile, Bill. I hope you're well.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Anne Theresa, I hope you begin to feel better soon. I'm sure it was fun to get out and about but sometimes we sure do pay for that fun.

I had a wonderful day today....took Katy to a lady's house for Catholic class on base to get her caught up with the rest of the class.

Then I had my doc appt. All went well, my finger's beginning to heal finally, got all of my consults and will start allergy meds tonight. The place was empty (for some odd reason, never happens) so my appt was at 2:30 but by 2:35 I had finished the appt, gotten my meds, next appt made, flu shot done and was signed up to get my bloodwork done too. Wow.....so much accomplished.

I've made my appt for my first (but very late) mammogram, will get my eye doc appt tomorrow (the office was closed).

I even managed to get my passport photos done, needed to get to this for quite some time now.

It's so rare for me to accomplish so much in one day....hope it continues because I need to call the lady about the puppy tonight too.

I hope the new meds help, waking up so sick, vomiting and head achy is really getting old. All this on top of everything else I go through each day is starting to get me down a bit.

Hugs all, hope to hear from Ellen, Kim and Linda soon too.

10. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi all, I am feeling more energy today and my mood seems better too. Thanks for the prayers and birthday wishes!

Bill-LOL, hope your week improves:)

Nancy-Really glad that you had a good day. I'm sorry you are still feeling all those symptoms. Hope the meds help. Maybe the puppy will come soon! I do keep my rx in a weekly reminder which helps a lot. But my supplements (9) are so complicated. My dh is going to help me make a spreadsheet that I can check off daily to help with that. Some i can't take near the time I take others and some with food or without food. Sheesh for what I'm paying the dr they should have made me a personalized spreadsheet! Did your dh experience herx reactions to the herbs? That is amazing he got well so quickly.

Anne Theresa-Sorry you overdid it. It's so easy to do. Thanks for the prayers.

Hello to those who will hopefully be posting soon.

To do:
    draft letter to principal requesting an emergency IEP

Fax NCCSE to apply for conference (famous speaker for social skills/autism)

grocery shop

Pick up ds and drop letter to principal

behavioral tutor, will work on toy bins/organization

make dinner early, dh and ds going to cub scouts

I need a good cry hopefully when the guys are at their meeting

11. greygodess

greygodess New Member

Hi Ya'll

I read the posts but can't remember them individually so I'll say sorry to those who are not doing so well. And a big hooray to those who are. Monday I went bowling. My score is starting to go back up again. I have no idea what I am doing wrong that I am bowling so lousy. Tuesday I went to the gym, picked up doggy poo, and cleaned out my entertainment center. Today I did my nature center job. I went for a walk in the woods after and came upon a buck and a doe. My coat is the same color as the deer and my hood was up and the buck didn't know what to make of me. He kept comings towards me and then would stop and just look at me. I don't know if he thought I was some weird looking deer that he wanted to chase off or maybe he wanted to get frisky. It is mating season you know. lol

Tomorrow I see the cardioligist and I am a little scared. Not of what they'll find. I pretty much know that already. My fear is that they may want to do more invasive tests to be more specific and that they may have to cardio convert to get my heart rate steady. That is where they stop your heart and restart it hoping for a normal rhythm. Thank God for xanax.

Sunday our church is having our Bethlehem Market Place. We have set up our fellowship hall to look like a version of Bethlehem at the time of Jesus's birth. We will all be in costume. We have all sorts of merchants and even a middle eastern dancer. At the end of it is the stable with Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus. Along with a live donkey and some other animals. I will be one of the women at the house with the small children. Two of our grandaughter's are in it. I will be glad when it is over. I'm not into it this year.

Enough of my babbling. Godbless
  12. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Grey, I'm so sorry that you're worried about your Cardiology testing. I hope you find the help you need soon and that invasive procedures won't be necessary.

I always love your stories about the nature center, how amazing to see the deer as you do.

Molly, glad that you're feeling a little bit more energy, yet so sorry that you need a good cry. I hope it helps you to feel better....you handle so much on a daily basis....

The next few days will be busy for me as well. I talked to the lady with the pups last night and they are going to drive the pup down to us on Saturday. I know that in the states that's something I would never consider since it would imply a puppy mill dog and a breeder who doesn't want you to see her home, but I'm not worried about it here.

So I need to puppy proof the home, straighten things a bit, mop and freshen up the house.

Hubby has to take a train to Frankfurt tomorrow, his passport is expiring and he's leaving for the states on Saturday. That means I also need to go get my passport paperwork going. And he just reminded me that I should also get my driver's license renewed as well......

Never a dull moment.......

Hope all are well....

13. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I'm up early this morning, which is good considering I could not get myself up until well after noon yesterday. Erratic sleep patterns are par for the course for me so I'm ever-grateful to be retired from work and thus able to live around my crazy sleep schedule.

In spite of the late start, I had a productive day yesterday. I went to the mall and got some of my Christmas shopping done. I also bought the finishing piece for my holiday outfit, a lovely, long and swirling black jacket. This I'll wear with black tights (pants) and a red satin blouse. Clothes shopping for my plus size can be a challenge, but I'm pleased with what I've put together and I anticipate much wear.

The cab ride to the mall and back was a delight with so many houses decorated for the season; lots of lights and Christmas glitter. This eve., after sweetie gets home from work, we plan to decorate our own house - it's beginning to look & feel like Christmas around here :)

Nancy, I'm glad your doctor's appointment went so well and I hope the allergy meds help you feel better. How wonderful that your daughter's puppy is going to be hand-delivered! I'm sure the pup will be a welcome addition to the household - just in time for Christmas!

Molly, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. A good cry can be a great release and help ease suffering, anxiety & grief. It's a very healthy response to stress. A personalized spreadsheet for your meds & supplements is a great idea.

Hello GreyGoddess, I hope your appointment with the cardiologist goes well and that you are spared the most invasive of tests. The Bethlehem Market Place at your church sounds like a great tradition. I can understand how you may not feel enthusiastic about it this year. The important thing is not to feel bad about feeling bad.

Today is manicure day and my usual cappuccino treat. Beyond that, a few items on my to-do list.

make bed
    clean kitchen sink & counters
    empty wastebaskets
    swiffer floors
    file papers
    decorate house

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

14. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

No, I haven't fallen off the earth. I've been thinking of all of you. Sorry it's been so long since I've been on here. It's just been so busy between being off for Thanksgiving break and then it's been so crazy here at work since I've been back that trying to find time to get on here has been hard. But today I decided to do it no matter what. But Fridays are a quieter day since not as many professors teacher. My work load doesn't slow down, though. I stayed until 5:30 without a break yesterday trying to catch up on some projects. I know I shouldn't do this as the last time I ended up having a flare-up. Hopefully it won't happen this time. So far not.

My Thanksgiving break was good and bad. Harry and I got some things done around the house. Finally did our last-minute fall cleanup and decorated the outside of the house for Christmas. Jim and I got together on Wednesday and had a good time. On Weds. when I got home I got some bad news. My great-aunt Jean (the one I visited last summer) has passed away. I know she was 88 and it's to be expected at that age, but it hit me hard. I had last spoken to her on her birthday on October 12th. She was sounding all peppy that day and some of her friends at the retirement village she lived in were taking her out for her birthday. I'm so glad I called her and wished her a happy birthday. I had also mailed her a card. When I last saw her last summer, we had made plans for me to come visit her again next summer.

She has been cremated and the service is tomorrow up in a small town (where she was raised, not where I visited last summer) in the middle of the state of Michigan. It will take about two hours to drive there. Fortunately, my brother is going to drive. It will be just him and me. Some of my cousins and my aunt from Toledo, Ohio are also coming. And my great-aunt has a brother and a sister left who will be there. There will be a cemetary service, then a luncheon afterward. I will really miss her.

Nancy: I am so sorry your allergies are making you so sick. I hope you feel better soon. The holidays are not a good time to be sick.

Anne Theresa: I'm glad you had fun shopping, but it's it a shame we often pay the price for having a good time? Take care and get some rest. After working late yesterday, I would have loved to have slept in late today.

JaLynn: Welcome to our board! Yes, you do have a long list, but remember to pace yourself. And please realize that we may not always get everything done that we say we want to do.

Molly: I don't know too much about Lyme disease, but I know it is very difficult and I'm sorry you have to deal with it, plus your son and husband. You do have a lot to deal with. You sound quite depressed, which is easy to get especially during the holiday season when we have more piled on our plate.

I hope I haven't fogotten anyone.

To-do list for today:

-wash sheets and towels (in the process)
    -makes beds (done)
    -shop at the drugstore and get Harry's insurance changed (done)
    -do a little Christmas shopping
    -put up the Christmas tree (if I run out of energy, I will do it Sunday)

To-do list for the weekend:

-funeral on Saturday
    -finish Christmas cards
    -do some decorating in the house
    -long nap

Take care everyone and have a good weekend!

15. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Ellen, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and I hope your trip goes well. I know it's snowing a lot in Michigan so please be safe. And please....it always hits us hard, no one's ever ready to say good bye to a loved one.

Molly, no I don't remember my husband having a herx reaction to the herbal supplements for Lyme disease. He was already so sick...

Anne Theresa, I'm glad you were able to get your shopping done and find a holiday outfit. Just wanted to mention that I shop for Katy's clothes online at OneStopPlus.com and you can find everything you need for the plus sized clothing there. She's at 3X now....sigh.

I had an exhausting but successful day yesterday cleaning and puppy proofing the house. I have done more this week than in the last 3 months but hopefully it will be worth it. (Remember, I sent the housekeeper home because her last cleaning day was Thanksgiving, yikes)

I did tons of laundry also and took Katy shopping for a few more puppy supplies.

Today I need to go to the commissary which I never, ever do on Saturdays but I need my fruit run and I thought I'd make a platter of lunchmeats and fresh breads since these folks are traveling 7 hours each way today to deliver the pup.

Katy is so excited.....I'm just tired.

Hugs all,