What's on your To Do list Dec 20 - 26

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Dec 19, 2010.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I hope everyone had a good weekend and can face the upcoming week with a hopeful heart.

I've been under-the-weather and so, rather than partaking in any pre-Christmas activity I've been home wrapped in my blankets. I must say there's been a certain pleasure in the quietness, watching Christmas movies and not pushing myself to try to do more than I'm able. Sunday morning, the hostess of Saturday night's party (that I wasn't able to attend) came to my house with hot cappuccino for my sister and I, and a sampling of baked-goods from the gathering the night before. I'm grateful for and appreciate the gesture.

The main item on today's agenda is to go grocery shopping with my sister. In addition to the grocery store, I need to go to the pet-store. The rest of my to-do list is flexible and depends on how I feel as the day wears on.

To-Do List

phone calls
    clean/organize desk & drawers
    organize photos

I look forward to hearing from others.

God bless
    Anne Theresa
  2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Anne Theresa--I hope you are feeling better--no fun to be sick with the holidays

Today (Monday) I got some laundry done, load of dishes, helped a friend with some of her shopping, wrapped gifts, made some phone calls,worked for 5 hours, went out to dinner w/hubby, decorated the tree

Tuesday--Christmas party for my job at the Senior Center. Everyone brings an edible gift-store bought or homemade. I really wanted to make cookies, but listened to my tired body and bought a gift instead. Will try to finish my shopping--depends on the roads --{snowed Sunday night, some of it melted on Monday and it will be icy on Tuesday}

Wednesday--finish shopping, wrap gifts, deliver gifts to the "Sharing Tree" family, work 5 hours

Thursday--only have to work 3 hours so I want to bake goodies to share with work friends and neighbors. go to library--need books for the weekend

Friday-have the day off--so probably grocery shop for the weekend & maybe to attend a church service--depends on the weather and such.

3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Beadlady, I envy your energy and admire your organizational skills - just the way you keep working toward Christmas bit by bit and keep the spirit alive - is an inspiration. You do a good job listening to your body and not over-doing it when you're tired.

I still don't feel great today, but I did manage to do some housework and I went for a short walk with my sister this evening. That's progress from the past several days, spent primarily in bed. Perhaps tomorrow, I'll be able to do a bit more.

I need to get out to the grocery store before Christmas eve. which is when my sister and I are going to celebrate our own little Christmas with some fancy finger-foods and a gift-exchange. Then, on Christmas day, I'll go for dinner and a movie at my BFF's apartment (just the two of us).

Then, on the 2nd weekend of the new year, my children are coming to town to celebrate Christmas and New Year's, as well as my eldest son's 34th birthday! At some point while they're here, my children, a few of their cousins, my sister, my BFF and me will all go to a local place for brunch. It's a lovely restaurant and they do a wonderful brunch!

So the holidays are not stressful for me, at least not compared to years past when I had to juggle people and politics, cooking turkey and dressing loud and active children a husband underfoot and by the time the perfect meal was on the table I was too tired to eat.

To Do List

Clean inside of fridge and freezer
    Paper filing
    Make appointment for hairdresser
    Tidy living-room

God bless
    Anne Theresa[This Message was Edited on 12/22/2010]
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Merry Christmas friends,

I'm not making to-do list today. There's a Big Bang-a-thon on TV so I plan to watch some of that while I cuddle my bunny and relax. Then, in a few hours, I'll go to my BFF's for dinner and a movie.

I'm recovering from a week-long, very stubborn funk. I tried all week to climb out of this funk but I couldn't. Then finally, thankfully, on Christmas morning, I felt my spirits lift just enough to say Merry Christmas and mean it. Amen.

Big Bang is one of the funniest sit-coms I've ever seen.

I wish each of you a wonderful day and a happy holiday season!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  5. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi to all!

Anne Theresa, thanks for telling me about the BBT marathon! That will lift my spirits. I followed Santa's progress last night on Norad and noticed he was in Canada! Then came to the west part of Canada and down the west coast to us!

We awoke to a white Christmas in SoCal----FOG cannot even see across the street (lol)

I have been on my lyme disease protocol and still testing for coinfections. I have been herxing and very ill. I miss you guys.

6. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

today I was a total slug. I did manage to get the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded and made dinner in the crock pot. I did take the dog for a walk when it was dark and I was still in my pjs. Just put my coat & shoes on and no one could tell