What's on your TO DO list Dec 6 - 12

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Dec 6, 2010.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous.
    Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan, Alchemical Wisdom

The above quote came to my in-box today.
    It made me smile and so I thought I'd share it with you.

I did some shopping at the malls over the weekend, and then today my sister and I did our grocery shopping and I must tell you I'm having trouble with all the Christmas cookies and candies - especially quality chocolate - that are vying for my attention everywhere I look.

I've been trying to minimize the temptation by freezing most of the baked goods that come into the house (short of not allowing them into the house at all, this seems to be the easiest way to ensure I don't gobble them up too fast.) Ah well, tomorrow is my weigh-in day. A day to re-commit myself to making healthy food choices.

To Do List

go to pharmacy
    make up pill weekly dispensers
    get Christmas mail ready for post office
    wrap remaining Christmas gifts
    make phone calls
    water plants
    paper filing
    household budget

I look forward to hearing from each of you.

God bless
    Anne Theresa

2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Sounds like you have a lot to do

Wed I'll go to pharmacy and then do the pill boxes

I've been making beaded ornaments and some will be mailed out this week along with Christmas cookies

I need to wrap presents for the gifts that are coming in for the "Sharing Tree" that we are doing at work.--The response has been great so far.

Maybe by the end of the week I will have all the dishes caught up in my kitchen

I need to make several batches of Friendship coffee to send away too.

Hoping to get our tree next weekend if I can clear out a place for it.
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello everyone,

Beadlady, I love to hear about the different things you do this time of year. The handmade, homemade gifts you give must surely bring joy to others. I know whenever I'm the recipient of a gift along those lines, I'm made very happy and grateful. There's something special about crafted or baked goods that far outweighs store-bought gestures. My niece is gifting home-made chocolates this year and I think it's a brilliant idea!

I'm still working on yesterday's list but need to add a few more things:

affix broom holder to wall
    put bicycle light on scooter
    clean bunny cage
    household budget
    finish laundry
    friend coming for coffee/visit

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

It's Thursday already and I'm still plugging away on Monday/Tuesday do-do lists. I was set to have coffee at the mall with a friend this afternoon but I called her this morning and postponed. My pain level is horrible today and I just couldn't imagine going out in this horrible cold. This friend has fibromyalgia and so she's completely understanding.

My day-to-day fibro has increased greatly over the past few months (maybe 20%) and most recently, I've pulled some muscles in my neck, effecting my range of motion. So my to-do lists are taking a long time to accomplish.

I went out on Tuesday and bought a much-needed vacuum cleaner. While at the department store, I bought some photo paper to print out some of the pictures I took last month while visiting my son and his fiancé up North. I have a lovely cluster of photos that I used to have on the wall when Dave and I had our house. Since moving here, the photopeice has been in my bedroom closet. I'd like to update the cluster (retire the photos with Dave) with the new photos, so I can hang it up in my apartment. I'll put this project on my to-do list, with the understanding that I'm moving slow and that it will likely take me a few days to complete.

To do list

photo project
    shower and shampoo
    brush bunny (she's still shedding terribly)

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

BILLCAMO New Member

Right now , it is pray for all of my family & friends here & survive.........

Blessings ,