What's on your 'To Do' list Dec 8 to Dec 14th?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Dec 7, 2008.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Well the puppy is here so I'm a bit over tired but very happy with the little guy. She's named him Samson and it fits him well. He's doing pretty well potty training already and is beginning to settle into his new home.

For today I'm just glad I managed to get a shower and I've sewed myself a new pair of Christmas jammies.

Was up late last night, couldn't sleep so not much on my to do list today.

Hope all are well, anybody jolly too?

2. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Good morning!

Hey Nancy-Congrats on the pupster! Samson is a cute name. I hear that having a puppy is like having a newborn (in a way). Awww I bet he's cute. How much does he weigh? How old is he? Hopefully you will be able to nap today.

I have to tell you all that I have been really down and depressed. We had two public events (Thurs night and yesturday) that brought me to despair. My little guy got overstimulated at his 1st grade holiday performance. He did fine during the whole thing but afterwards as everyone was having a snack outside he was like a pinball machine and we lost him twice there were so many people. Then he perseverated that he must meet back at his classroom but it wasn't true. He ran over and it was locked. I made it clear that after he got a drink of water we would walk through the media room, get in car and go home. We got to media room and he had to jump of the risers on the stage. He did. Dad took him and he had a meltdown. He had it in his mind that he had to jump a certain way and it was daddy's fault. We tried to get him to the car as people stared and we kept stopping. He fell limp in the parking lot and I had to drag him over to the grass for safety (he is now 57 #!!!!). Tried to calm him wasn't working. He hit me, lost t.v. for the next day. We got to the car. As we drove home I began to cry. I haven't cried in quite some time. Well, I couldn't stop crying. I cried for a half hour straight. I wrote 3 pages of data for my behaviorist.

Okay, breathe. Yesturday we went to church. We go to an Episcopal church and they were having the kirkin o' the tartans or some such thing. So there was a person playing bag pipes. My son was also excited because he was going to get his pagent costume. Well, once the children came from Sunday school (before communion) he was okay. I even had his Harry Potter book. But it didn't last he wouldn't move when it was our rows turn to go up for communion. He refused to kneel after he received his host and the wine was coming(he usually kneels and crosses arms to indicate no wine). But he was rolling on the floor. Then he step on my husbands legs as my husband was kneeling. After that in the pew he was tantrumming. Dh took him out. A lot more happened but when ds pulled out some reeds roots and all from the church I said "We leave now!" Ugggh He lost tv all weekend. Then yesturday I yelled at my dh "You Aspies are going to drive me to the brink of disaster!" Not my proudest wife or mom moment as my son overheard.

I really am sorry to be so negative and hope I don't bring anyone down. I just needed to tell someone.

To do:
    menu plan-grocery list for week

plan days with dh that we can use respite care for break

type word file of date from the holiday performance for behaviorist
    get out everything i have and need for IEP next week, pink slips,referral,daily behavior log, etc(meeting with ed consultant tomorrow).

phone calls to friends, behaviorist, Liam's psychologist

remember to eat and take my supplements

I hope you all are doing well. Maybe this week will be better for me.

3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all...

Molly, bless you....you deserved a good cry. No one can judge you and I hope you don't think that people are doing so. If they are, then they are small minded people who I wouldn't want to know anyway.

Everyone's children have meltdowns and it's never a 'good' place or time. Yours happened to have two close together in very public places. I think both were probably expected, a holiday performance must be very exciting for the little ones, and dare I say it but church must be difficult to behave well throughout. No worries....they all grow up eventually. This can't possibly be the first time someone's child has had a meltdown in church. In fact, most churches that I know of have a 'quiet room' for this.

Please try to relax....I know it's difficult with so much on your plate, oh boy do I know it.....

Have you talked to your doctor about the depression? I wish I had known how much my hormones messed with my moods when I was younger and raising my kids. Is it possible to have yours checked? I've been taking Effexor now for years and it was because of my moods that I began taking it.

After my hysterectomy, I had turned into the 'bitch woman from hell' and knew I had to do something about it. It worked for me....and no matter how difficult this drug is for some, I won't stop taking it. Too scared!!!

And please, don't worry so much about what you yelled.....I've yelled worse and no, it wasn't my proudest moment but I can't take it back either. Sometimes you just have to let it go and move on....your plate is full, is there anything special that you do for yourself to find joy?

I know it sounds difficult, but even a bubble bath with candles and music can do wonders for the soul.

Samson is wonderful....I doubt if he weights much more than 2 pounds. Both of us are having a bit of difficulty with the lack of sleep...we're both used to going to bed when we need to and that's stopped for now. Yes, it's like having a new baby in the house.

I can already see that the pressure is hard for Katy, she's worried about being a good 'mom' and worried about studying for the Catholic classes. It's possible she may not be able to handle both things at once.

She had a meeting with the Catholic classes lady who told her that maybe her 'gift' was being able to see demons....ummm not something you say to a mentally ill young woman who thinks the devil lives downstairs. Now she's thinking the demons were real. Not good....

For us today, she is supposed to go to a coffee and ornament exchange to see if she can find someone to sponsor her through the classes. But now I'm not sure if she'll still want to go.

I'm just hoping for some rest.......

Hugs all,

4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Boy was my brain foggy yesterday! I drove all the way up to Ann Arbor (Jim went along for the ride) as I thought I had a doctor appt. Turns out, it's next Monday. I even had the time wrong. Well, they couldn't squeeze me in so it was a complete waste of time and gas. I was so mad at myself. Poor Jim. He was trying to make me feel better. He said that at least we had a nice ride together and a nice conversation, which I guess was true! I just hate taking time off from work if it isn't necessary. I'm already taking Wednesday off so Jim and I can go to my friend Tina's house to bake Christmas cookies. In the morning, we have to go to the dentist so Jim can get his new crown and we are both getting our teeth clean.

Molly: I'm so sorry about what happened with your son. I don't have children, but I do have the experience of misbehavior in public with my brother, Jim. It happened last summer at the ice cream store. It wasn't one of Jim's better days. I guess I should have known better. I thought if we got ice cream he might calm down, but boy was I wrong. I won't try that again. I was so embarrassed.

Nancy: Congratulations on the new puppy! I like the name of Samson. I think it's cute. My sister-in-law got my father-in-law a new dog. He's a year old and they got him from the Humane Society. He's a medium size. They decided to keep the name of Myrtle as they couldn't think of another name. I think it's cute and she's probably used to it by now.

While Jim was at my house last night, I did manage to get some Christmas presents wrapped and he and I listened to Christmas music. I also got my Christmas cards done the other day. I'm doing the bare essentials as far as decorating inside the house goes. I usually decorate the basement, but since we don't plan on entertaining, I can't see any reason for doing that this year. I just don't have the energy to do all that.

Well, back to work. I won't be back here until Thursday. Classes are over for this semester and we are on final exam week. It's really quiet around here, but I have lots of work to do as usual.

5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hello to all!

I cannot believe Christmas is so close! There have been gifts bought on many online shops! I haven't even begun on cards. Or decorating. Which we keep very simple, now.

Nancy, I love the name Sampson! What type of dog is he? It is similar to having a newborn in the house! LOL I'm happy you and Katy love him! As far as the woman saying the 'demon' remark to Katy, does she have any idea of what this poor child deals with? Grrr...

Molly, It must be very frustrating dealing with your DS, and the problems he has. I've said many a worse thing to my DH and children before. Everyone has a breaking point, especially a several days of stress. You take care of yourself. Do you have time alone at any point of the day, even if it's only 15 minutes, to take a breather? I'm also sorry you are not feeling well. My thoughts are with you.

Ellen, How frustrating to be mistaken on an appointment! Been there, done that, many a time.
    It was nice for you and Jim to have that time. I realize taking extra time off from work is not something you had planned. Take care of yourself!

We had a true 'crisis' period with our 21 y/o son. He is an alcoholic and REALLY was out of control over the last few weeks. Tough love has been our only choice. I'm sure Alanon would say ours isn't enough. It is so difficult when you love someone, but realize it's for the best and keeps us a little more sane. He's been over several times, not drinking. He looks so sad, and Jim and I feel so sad.

With the above and the horrid cold, rainy, barometer up and down weather, my legs and arms are hurting so much. I get done what I can, and rest on heat for the remainder of the day. Such a slug! I Swiffered my way thru the dust and have some laundry going. Good enough for me!

The thought of being a grandparent always makes me happy! DD is 22 weeks along and saw the baby on the ultrasound. They do not want to know what the sex is, just as we didn't. They said the baby would cover it's eye's when the ultra sound came close. Those little legs were moving, crossing and uncrossing. What a miracle!

I keep you close in my thoughts. I wish us all, some peace and rest through the week.

[This Message was Edited on 12/09/2008]
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Today Katy and I will try to get out later this afternoon to go to base and pick up the mail. I'm also going to try to squeeze in a Commissary trip for fruits.

My housekeeper comes today (whew) and she'll be meeting the new puppy for the first time. She's gonna love this...

Kim, he's a Tibetan Terrier...and I did a lot of research on which breed would be best for Katy before we decided on this one. Since it's not a popular breed they have very few congenital defects and aren't prone to diseases and problems. They can live to 18 years and are a very smart breed of dog. But best of all, one of their winning traits are that they are very sensitive to their owners moods which is exactly what we needed for her.

I'm so sorry to hear of the problems that you're having with your son. This is a very difficult situation, I know...but there comes a time when they, as adults, have to take responsibility for their own actions. I'm going through this with my 27 yr old son (not the alcholism TG but taking responsibility part) as I learned in a long phone call on Sunday that he still blames me for everything....wow I really didn't know that.

As for my son.....I'm done, tired of being the whipping boy so to speak.....Bless him, I love him....but he's on his own. I won't put myself through another phone call like that, just don't need it in my life right now. I wish him well, but won't be blamed for his mistakes anymore.

Linda, please don't delete a post that lets us know of your difficulties, we all go through things and sharing here helps. It must be difficult with the full plate that you have....

Ellen, I hope we get to hear from you while classes are on break, yet I know you deserve the rest that will hopefully bring to you.

Anne Theresa, I hope you begin to feel better soon. I know when we don't hear from you daily that you're having a rough time of it.

I hope I didn't forget anybody....had trouble with the pages logging me out when I hit shift/reply.

Hugs all,

7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi all-
    I see that I need to update. My folks are moving today and tomorrow. My brother found them a place back in Iowa- same town that he is in- and he's moving them there. Remember, they live in Arkansas, so it will be a 9 hour trip when they start out tomorrow morning. My brother and one of my sisters will drive down today, help the movers load, then drive a truck and a car back. There will be an auction later on in January of all of the stuff that won't fit into a 2 bedroom apt. But I am so relieved that they will have assistance now. My mom is in the early stages of Alzheimers and Dad's diabetes is so bad that he can't walk more than a few steps. So they will be in assisted living and will be able to take one of their dogs. The other will remain in Arkansas, with a lady who works at the vet's office. That dog was having a few "accidents" so they thought they'd better not take her, as she tends to be nervous.

It's a very emotional time for them and all concerned.....they don't really want to leave, but both of them need help. I'm so glad my brother is doing all this....they needed help, but were too proud to ask.

Take care all,
  8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I ended up taking off Wednesday as I had lots to do. But the day didn't turn out as I had planned. The rain we had on Tuesday turned into ice (not too bad, but bad enough so that Jim's bus to the Hope Center was really late). So we missed our dental appointments so I had to reschedule for next week. We did make the appt. at the lab for them to figure out what color to tint his new crown (it's a front tooth) that he is getting next week.

Then we ran a few errands. Jim's glasses needed tightening so we did that. Jim is in the mood to send out a lot of Christmas cards this year so we got a couple of boxes of cards for him and also ran a couple of other quick errands. Then we went to my girlfriend's house where we made Christmas cut-out cookies, peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. I know-there goes my weight! This friend has six kids. Some of them are older now, but the two younger ones had fun helping with the cookies.

Nancy: I'm glad you are having fun with your newest member of the family. I'm sorry you had a difficult talk with your son. Maybe in time he will mature and realize that he has to take responsibility for what mistakes he makes in his own life. Still, it's not easy for you to listen to.

Linda: It's nice to hear from you again. I am sure your mother is keeping you busy. It's a big responsibility taking care of a parent. Sorry you are hurting so much.

Terri: I'm glad that your parents are finally getting settled and that they will be near your brother. In their situation, it's important that they are near at least one family member.

Kim: It's good to hear from you. I've been hurting here, too, with the way the weather has been. I'm sorry about your son's alcoholism and hope he gets some help soon. It must be exciting to see the ultrasounds of your new grandchild.

I hope I haven't missed anyone.

Well, as usual, my desk is busy with work to do. I will be here most of next week. Most of the students are gone now. The only ones here are the ones who still need to take an exam today and the ones who are graduating in December tonight, but there aren't too many of those.

I will be around most of next week, except Weds. Take care.

9. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends,

Sorry I've not posted this week, I've been feeling under-the-weather, aches and pains and depression. I feel poorly again today but I can't stay in bed forever (wish I could) . I promised some friends I'd meet at the mall later today and so I'm going to try to keep that date.

Aside from getting myself dressed and ready to go out, I'd like to tidy the house a bit and put out a few Christmas decorations. If I can get that much done, I'll call it a good day.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa