What's on Your To Do List? Feb 15-19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Feb 16, 2010.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I'm fighting a moster flare these past few days: bad pain, horrible fatige and, on top of all that, I have a bladder infection that is not responding to my home remedies. So I'm planning to see the doctor on Thursday for some anti biotics, then hopefully I'll begin to feel better.

How is everyone else?

To Do List

hang picture
    clean bunny cage
    cuddle with bunny
    go for a walk
    pick up a few things at the pharmacy
    shower & shampoo

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all...

Anne Theresa, thanks for getting the thread started again this week. I'm sorry you're having a flare right now and I hope you begin to feel better soon.

I've had a busy week this week already...my husband left again on Tues for NATO so he's gone all this week, but canceling his vacation plans at my Dad's house next week on Monday. That would have had him gone for a month so I'm happy that he did that.

I've done some investigation on Katy's meds and found that we can either transfer them to an online drugstore, since they're new prescriptions she still has valid refills which will keep us going for a few more months and that's a huge relief.

We picked up her divorce papers yesterday and it took forever at legal. It was almost an hour of waiting for me....so of course, I began to worry. But....apparently she and 3 lawyers were having a blast in the office, they were thrilled for her, giving good advice and even building her up. One of the lawyers has known her now for over a year so he's seen the 'before' picture and the 'after' as well and is thrilled with the changes in her.

Today I'll drop her off at work then go on to my psych appt that my doctor insisted that I make after feeling better from weaning off the Effexor. Should be interesting to say the least....

I'm hoping to have a chance to get my car washed, and pick up the mail too while I'm on base.

Hugs all and hope to hear from the others soon...

3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi all,
    Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, Anne Theresa. Hopefully today the doc will give you some help for your infection.....those are painful, I know! Take extra good care of yourself while you get better.

Nancy, I'm glad for your sake that 1) the divorce will be done with soon and 2) that your hubby will hurry home a bit sooner! The days are full for you now, aren't they? Let us know how your appointment goes today.....

We went to a funeral of a friend yesterday. He was 42 and died in a motorcycle accident. He leaves behind a wife and 3 young daughters, the youngest only 9 months old. So sad that she will grow up without a daddy. The funeral went way overboard on length....it was 3 hours long! I've never been to such a long funeral.

Busy with recitals and stuff.....plus now subbing is in the mix. I will not sub again until March and that suits me just fine.

Gotta run and get an allergy shot!
    Take care....hope to hear from some more of you soon!
    Hugs, Terri
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Nancy, I'm glad Katy's medications are not in immenent danger of running out and that she's receiving some good legal advice. God bless her.

I'm also glad your husband is cancelling his vacation plans so he can spend more time with you - that's so sweet. I hope your appointment goes well today - I wish I was a fly on the wall for that one...

I'm sorry to hear abut your friend's tragic death, Terri. It's sad, especiallty for his wife and young daughters.

I've had a semi-productive day. In spite of severe pain etc., I did housework and laundry. I got out for a walk and I made and ate some healthy foods. Since it's almost bedtime, I'm going to make tomorrow's to-do list.

To Do List

go to Walmarkt and/or dollar store
    make appointment for massage therapy
    use stationary bike or treadmill,
    pool and/or hottub
    read and rest

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

[This Message was Edited on 02/18/2010]
  5. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hello dear friends,
    I have been away for quite some time . . . it is a blur since January 18th when my 7 yo son went in the hospital. He was in the psychiatric children's unit for one week. Since he has been home he is with me 24/7. The psychiatrist at the hospital said there is NO WAY he can go back to his regular classroom. So he has a tutor that comes to the house for 2 hours most days.

He has extreme separation anxiety so I cannot be in another room without him yelling for me and he tells me is realized I was gone and got scared. We met with the school again today. it has been frustrating to find the right school placement and go through all of the processes with County Children's Mental Health. We had a productive meeting today yet we have to still wait, wait for things to happen. We will hear something next week. If we cannot see the placements we will have an interim placement where Liam goes to a different elementary to the resource room with his tutor for 3 hours a day. Hopefully though we will see the placement and be able to start him in the small specialized class.

In a couple of weeks i will take Liam to have a neuropsych evaluation. This will really help with the educational placement, and to tell us what his issues are. I am so happy with the dr that will be doing the testing and the school district is paying for it.

The other night I just cried mostly about the school situation (long story) but I realized I was scared for my son and absolutely grieving for him. I get scared when I read that suicide is the main cause of death for those with bi-polar or when i read that their life expectancy is 9 years less why I do not know. I realize when he is 18 he can choose to go off his meds and there isn't a thing I can do about it. So those are some fears I am having. I actually thought I was going to have a heart attack the other night. How many diagnosis can my son have?

We are increasing his dose of medication at the moment trying to get it right. If that doesn't work we move on to the next med. The psychiatrist is talking about depakote or lithium. My jaw dropped in her office as I said "but he is little, just a little boy" but she pointed to my notebook of his symptoms and behaviors and said well?

Call optometrist to see is we can replace Liam's glasses today
    tutor comes for 2 hours
    babysitter comes so we can attend our 1st mtg with Children's Mental Health for assessment

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all.....

Anne Theresa, I'm so sorry that you're in so much pain but I'm glad you were able to get a few things done and make plans for today as well.

Terri, I'm so sorry about your friend and the family he left behind....that's just so sad.

Molly, that's just a shame what you've all been going through but I'm glad there are resources to help you through it all and options for Liam in the mean time...

Katy's been on both of those medications that you mentioned. She didn't do well physically on Lithium yet I always think of Maurice Bernard (Sonny on General Hospital) who lives well and has been taking Lithium for his bi-polar for years.....just a thought but it helps to have someone to look at who's successfully living with this disease.

Depakote is the medication that has changed her life....it's the medication that she's on now. She has a few side effects from it like losing her hair and acne but those we can live with, easily.

I had a busy day yesterday....but this is what I've been able to accomplish since weaning off of the Effexor.

I dropped Katy off at work on base, checked the mail, got the car washed, stopped for gas, went to other base, ate lunch, shopped, went to appt (it was fine really) back to other base, picked up packages from mail room, stopped at the commissary, ate again, shopped, stopped in at the Thrift Store, then picked up Katy and came home....Prior to weaning, this would have taken me at least 4 days to complete!

Today I'll take her to work and just have an easy day for me.....

Hugs all,

7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Molly, I'm so glad to hear from you. I've been worried about you, and wondering how things were with Liam. Thanks for the update. I can only imagine the stess you're feeling with all the concern and worry for your son, not to mention the physical stress of caregiving 24/7. I hope it doesn't take too long for things to settle down, both medication-wise and placement-wise, so your family can return to some sort of a normal routine. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Nancy, your increase in energy boggles my mind. Your list of activities is a far-cry from days past when your energy was so very low. It must seem like the difference between day and night for you. Have you noticed any other changes since going off the anti-d? Specifically, have you noticed a difference in your pain level? Since you said you didn't need the med for depression, I assume your doc prescribed it for pain (under the theory that an increase in serotonin levels can decrease the pain of fibromyalgia).

I feel the same today as I have been lately - in a flare, extremely tired and somewhat depressed. I'm torn between pushing myself to go for a walk or collapse on my recliner in front of the television. Chances are good that I'll opt for my recliner, then feel guilty and like a slug all day.

I think I'll take a nap, then try to start the day over. (Sister and I had satellite television installed yesterday and so instead of getting a good night's sleep last night I was awake, ooohhing and aahhhhing over all the new channels :)

To Do List

Take a nap
    Walk/maybe go to dollar store
    organize dresser
    windex mirrors & screens
    food prep

God bless,
    Anne Theresa