What's on your 'To Do' list Feb 22 to Feb 28th?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Feb 21, 2010.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Hope you all had a nice weekend...I'm so glad hubby stayed home from his vacation this week....

Today the plan is to take Katy to base and get her new ID card for herself which is another huge step for her. She has 3 days off this week so we're planning to enjoy it.

2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Nancy, I'm happy you get to spend time with your husband and Katy and I'm glad you feel energetic and well enough to enjoy their company this week. It's great Katy's getting her new ID card. This simple administrative detail can be understood as a symbolic reclaiming of one's identity after divorce. It can be a huge step toward personal empowerment.

I've had a slow day but I did manage to accomplish a few things. Since it's almost bed-time, I'll make my to-do list for tomorrow.

To Do List

Breakfast & Medications
    Treadmill & Hot-tub
    Shower & Shampoo
    Clean/Organize Bedroom Closet
    Pick up Prescriptions

God bless
    Anne Theresa
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

This won't be too long. I still have to go to the bank, go home to eat lunch, then off to the pool. We had a lot of snow that started Sunday night and into Monday. Since Harry isn't home, I wasn't sure I would make it out of the driveway to volunteer at the library this morning. I just gunned the car, and I made it. My neighbor was nice enough to plow in front of our mailbox as I had some mail to get out yesterday, but believe it or not, the mailman didn't even make it through. That's the first time I can remember that happening. This morning our road was plowed. We live on a small road so it doesn't get plowed right away.
    So we are finally getting our winter!

Since I couldn't go anywhere yesterday, I did get a lot of housework done. My neice, Sarah, and I talked. She had more strange news about my family. Sometimes it's like having the Munsters as relatives. She wants nothing more to do with my sister or the rest of her immediate family.

While I was working in the library this morning, a reporter from the newspaper in the little town I live in, came in. The newspaper comes out once a week and they have a column where they go around the community and ask a question of several people. So today they asked what books you like to read or what is your favorite book? I was one of the people they asked! Then they took my picture! The reporter said it would be in Thursdays paper. We get a subscription to it, but I will have to buy some extra copies!

Nancy: I'm glad that Katy's lawyers are helping and being so supportive of her! I'm also glad that your husband won't be gone for a whole month. That is just too long. I'm sure that he would miss you as much as you would miss him.

Ann Theresa: I'm guessing you are feeling better than you did last week since you have a busy to-do list this week.

Molly: Since you are so worried about your son being able to go off his medications when he is older, could you look into becoming his guardian? I used to be my brother Jim's guardian (now a non-family member is) and we have a court order than says he must take his medication. His doctor renews the court order once a year. Without the court order, Jim would not take his medication. He has been ruled unable to take care of himself and make sound judgements. Just a thought.

Well, I have to go. take care, everyone.

4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I know what you mean about all this snow, Ellen. It's just brutal here. I need to get out to the pharmacy today (I've been procrastinating on this all week because I haven't wanted to go out in all this weather) so I'll have to bundle up. It's only a short walk and, since I've been procrastinating, I'll surely have a marvelous sense of accompishment when I can finally strike 'going to the pharmacy' off my list. In addition to going to the pharmacy, I have a few other items on my agenda today

spot clean carpets & vacuum
    wash bedspread
    make pudding with fruit
    knit, watch TV

It's cool that you're going to be in the paper, Ellen. Is there an online link?

It's funny to think of your relatives as the Munsters. I understand family issues can be serious and sad and I don't mean to be disrepectful by finding it funny, but the image of the Munsters living in their ramshackle house put a smile on my face.

It's great you and Nancy have first-hand experiences of caring for a family member with significant mental health issues. I'm sure you'll both be a good resource and support for Molly as she makes her way through the Children's Mental Health system and beyond.

We are an awesome group with a diverse knowledge based on our own personal experiences. Whatever the issue is that one of us is facing, it seems like another one of us will have some specialized knowledge about that very same issue or, at the very least, know where such knowledge can be found. We rock!!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa